KTP COA

KTPgal89

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See if you can get them to give you a copy of the COA before you vote. It is something they don't want to do.

Right now at KTP you never know if you will have the weekend off or not. They will tell you friday. On top of that you dont know what time you will work on Sat. Last week we started off working 9-5 for dayshift, which normally starts at 7am then they said 7-5 ten hours, then 7-3 and at last 7-5 volunteer. A few months ago they made day shift paint come in at 5am no choice which normally starts at 7am. WHERE IS THE UAW, not at ktp?

Right now at KTP you never know if you will have the weekend off or not. They will tell you friday. On top of that you dont know what time you will work on Sat. Last week we started off working 9-5 for dayshift, which normally starts at 7am then they said 7-5 ten hours, then 7-3 and at last 7-5 volunteer. A few months ago they made day shift paint come in at 5am no choice which normally starts at 7am. WHERE IS THE UAW, not at ktp?

Remember at least two Saturdays in the past couple of months when day shift start time in paint/body was 10:30 to accommodate B crew....that was the union-not management that made that ruling....bad thing about that was day shift was lead crew....

Late breaking news "local 862 gives them anything they want". Can anyone tell me why Im still paying dues? :censored::censored::censored:

Then q-u-i-t. Stop paying the Union dues. Find another j-o-b. If you hate paying so much, and hate this company, do us all a favor and leave. And no, I do not want to hear your sob story about why you can't leave.

You probably walk around the plant with one of those Mike Stewa** "They Can Do That" shirts. Yes, they can. Because they are the company. They write the checks.

Go away.

See if you can get them to give you a copy of the COA before you vote. It is something they don't want to do.

The COA is being distributed PLANT-WIDE beginning with afternoon shift today. They are also available in the union office, if you know where that is!

Any surprises or major issues?

No surprises, just mostly what we had expected.

As I had predicted in another thread, we got an extended agreement as the sole producer of the current truck, and an agreement as the sole producer of the 2011+ truck up to our capacity of 400,000 annual units.

Attendence policy will be more strict. T codes now count as AWOL's. 8 AWOL's in a 12 month period is grounds for termination. Looks like you are allowed 2 before discipline, #3 is R&W, then it progresses to time off of 1 Day, 1 Week, 2 Weeks and then 1 Month before termination.

They are increasing the amount of people allowed off per department to 4%, not to exceed more than 2 per team. I think it is currently only 2%, but not sure.

One of the main things is the new schedules. They have structured two schedules, which is our new "3-Crew Hybrid" Schedule. The are guidelines for our new schedule, and then there are guidelines set for the event that the plant were to return to a full 3-crew schedule. Although, they point out, the schedule has nothing to do with COA, it is going to happen either way. I guess the COA just covers the particulars of what is what among the shifts.

Trim, Frame, Chassis & Pre-Delivery are on 2-Crews with 5 days on 10 Hours. A-Crew will work 6am to 4:30p. B-Crew will work from 6:30p to 5:00a. There is no C-Crew. Both shifts work Monday through Friday.

Paint and Body are on 3 Crews. A & B Crew will be on a 4 day 10 Hour schedule, while C-Crew will be on a 3 Day 12 Hour Schedule. A-Crew works Mon. to Thur., B-Crew works Tues. to Fri., and their shift times will mirror the Final Lines as mentioned above. C-Crew, they are off Tues., Wed., Thur. & Sat.. Sunday and Monday, they work 5:00p to 5:30a, and 5:00a to 5:30p on Friday.

It looks like under the soon to be implemented schedule, Trim / Frame / Chassis / Pre-Delivery will still get overtime after 8 hours and 40 hours. The exception seems to be with Body, Paint and Skilled Trades, where with the new schedule, they will be on overtime after 10 hours. But, if we were to switch back to a full 3-Crew plant later on, we would all revert to the 10 hours straight time that all of the other plants are agreeing to. B-Crew maintains 5% premium, C-Crew keeps their 10%.

As for the outsourcing, those will be General Stores, Power Tool Repair, Paint Mixing, E-Coat Tending, Material Handling delivery to marketplace, PMHV/Forklift Maintenance & Repair, Paint Booth Cleaning and Snow Removal, Land Scaping & Roadway.

Edited by KWMJ-KTP

No surprises, just mostly what we had expected.

It looks like under the soon to be implemented schedule, we will still get overtime after 8 hours and 40 hours. The exception seems to be with Skilled Trades, where with the new schedule, they will be on overtime after 10 hours. But, if we were to switch back to a full 3-Crew plant later on, we would all revert to the 10 hours straight time that all of the other plants are agreeing to. B-Crew maintains 5% premium, C-Crew keeps their 10%.

Are you on drugs, or are you just illiterate? The '3 Crew Hybrid Pruduction Schedule' clearly states at the bottom; 'Pay 1.5x on hours 11 and 12 on Monday through Friday' under the section for Body and Paint. This is exactly what the packet says for the Skilled Trades section (as I interpret as Skilled Trades in Body/Paint)

The only reason Trim/Frame/Chassis/Pre-D are getting the 1.5x pay over 8 hours is because it is considered a traditional shift (5 days x 8 hours) with scheduled overtime each day.

BTW, I'm pretty sure the overtime at 1.5x pay after 40 hrs. is covered under Federal Labor Laws.

A couple of other significant changes for Skilled Trades include:

• area overtime
  • shift preference within area
  • restricted area-to-area transfer

Beleive me when I say, Area OT is a significant issue. So is Area seniority. They tried this in 1996 or 1999 to no avail. Just ask KT, it is part of what probably cost him his job as Skilled Trades Committeeman.

Edited by KTP_Sparky

Are you on drugs, or are you just illiterate? The '3 Crew Hybrid Pruduction Schedule' clearly states at the bottom; 'Pay 1.5x on hours 11 and 12 on Monday through Friday' under the section for Body and Paint.

Are you a Dickhead, or are you just a Dumb Ass. Yes, Paint and Body will be on straight time on hours 9 & 10, since they are on 3 crews. There is a difference between just being a Dick vs. being helpful and pointing out that something was left out.

If you want to add some of what is in there for Skilled Trades, go ahead, but I'm not going to type out the whole 16 pages of information. I just pointed out the main parts that most people are going to be concerned about. I'm not familiar with how Skilled Trades work with their agreements, as they are different from the production side, so I don't really feel qualified to cover the subject, which is why it was left out.

Are you a Dickhead, or are you just a Dumb Ass. Yes, Paint and Body will be on straight time on hours 9 & 10, since they are on 3 crews. There is a difference between just being a Dick vs. being helpful and pointing out that something was left out.

If you want to add some of what is in there for Skilled Trades, go ahead, but I'm not going to type out the whole 16 pages of information. I just pointed out the main parts that most people are going to be concerned about. I'm not familiar with how Skilled Trades work with their agreements, as they are different from the production side, so I don't really feel qualified to cover the subject, which is why it was left out.

Regardless.........it's not good and should be voted down overwhelmingly.

VOTE THIS SORRY COA DOWN. Don't be scared they're going to leave. That's what they want. Where they going? Who else is going to build 80,000 units this year or next? Take your balls out and vote this shit down. Bottom line they can promise all this stuff but do WHATEVER THE FUCK THEY WANT , WHENEVER. This is what you are voting for. If this passes Kentucky might as well be a right to work state. There is no union power. Just a bunch of liars and skanks trying to do nothing and get paid.

This is not about quitting if you don't like it. It is about standing up for yourselves and holding on to what little we have. Who else has these shitty hours and operation patterns in their COA? We work more hours now than we would on 5 10s and we are still behind. What order justifies C crew? We have 80k and are behind 7k. FUCK these concessions. Ford's CEO gets 30 million for less than half a year. GM's gets 11 for the whole year and volunteers to cut his salary. Now is the time to make a stand. We are the only plant that can vote NO and get away with it. Don't be scared.

VOTE THIS SORRY COA DOWN. Don't be scared they're going to leave. That's what they want. Where they going? Who else is going to build 80,000 units this year or next? Take your balls out and vote this shit down. Bottom line they can promise all this stuff but do WHATEVER THE FUCK THEY WANT , WHENEVER. This is what you are voting for. If this passes Kentucky might as well be a right to work state. There is no union power. Just a bunch of liars and skanks trying to do nothing and get paid.

This is not about quitting if you don't like it. It is about standing up for yourselves and holding on to what little we have. Who else has these shitty hours and operation patterns in their COA? We work more hours now than we would on 5 10s and we are still behind. What order justifies C crew? We have 80k and are behind 7k. FUCK these concessions. Ford's CEO gets 30 million for less than half a year. GM's gets 11 for the whole year and volunteers to cut his salary. Now is the time to make a stand. We are the only plant that can vote NO and get away with it. Don't be scared.

It doesn't make any difference what you vote. The union will say it got voted in and you will be stuck. The only thing you can do is just talking to people and asking the union questions about it. I wore a hat at MTP that said 'JUST VOTE NO". Trust me, the union hated it, and I was often told to take off my hat. But in the long run, MTP got their COA.

Edited by Emigh

It doesn't make any difference what you vote. The union will say it got voted in and you will be stuck. The only thing you can do is just talking to people and asking the union questions about it. I wore a hat at MTP that said 'JUST VOTE NO". Trust me, the union hated it, and I was often told to take off my hat. But in the long run, MTP got their COA.

I keep hearing this same thing over and over. If this is true and what everyone believes then now more than ever there needs to be a stand.

Querty1 I dont hate ford motor Co. I hate the UAW, If ford wants to save money they should do away with this sorry ass union we have. That would put all their ass's back on the line. Most of the reps. are in there because they are to sorry to do a job to start with. And before you ask-no rw's, no awols in five years, no suck-ass, just sick of this sorry-ass union. I think we should sue the uaw for lack of representation. :censored::censored::censored: vote no if you have the balls

I keep hearing this same thing over and over. If this is true and what everyone believes then now more than ever there needs to be a stand.

Hey big blue Furry. After reading your screen name and some of your posts. I was just wondering if your that grouchy asshole that lives in a garbage can on sesame street?

Querty1 I dont hate ford motor Co. I hate the UAW, If ford wants to save money they should do away with this sorry ass union we have. That would put all their ass's back on the line. Most of the reps. are in there because they are to sorry to do a job to start with. And before you ask-no rw's, no awols in five years, no suck-ass, just sick of this sorry-ass union. I think we should sue the uaw for lack of representation. :censored::censored::censored: vote no if you have the balls

I'm with you and I think there should definately be a case if the TPTs vote after being told some may get hired full time if needed. That would be an outright lie that changed the voting process.

I'm with you and I think there should definately be a case if the TPTs vote after being told some may get hired full time if needed. That would be an outright lie that changed the voting process.

Why don't you guys pool your resources and talk to an attorney? For $185 bucks an hour I'm sure they will tell you what you want to hear.

Your Profile:

You love Ford

You Hate the UAW

Your smarter than everyone else

Maybe you should apply for management

LMMFAO!

Obviously I've hit a nevre...Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. You are obviously not proud of the fact that you turned out to be a dope smokin' illiterate redneck hillbilly.

I just thought it necessary to note that production is in fact giving up 1.5x pay as well for a 4 day work week...

Big blue Fury,

You are a prime example what is wrong with unions today. You are the union and yet you will backstab your union brothers and sisters just to get ahead. I know who you are but will come talk to you in person about your frustrations and lack of knowledge of what a true union brother is. I have read this new C.O.A. agreement and it seems pretty damn good, but you do not like the attendance policy because you miss a hell of alot of work. Now I am sure you will reply that you miss no work, but to tell you all before he does make some stupid statement, he is part of the 10 % that screws us all. We just got sole producer up to 400,000 units a year untill 2011. The union negotiated to allow 4% personal days from 2.5 %, this is great because people like you who don't come to work screwed us in the past. Brothers and sisters from KTP, please do not take anything that this dumbass states as truth. We are a young plant and need to gain more and more production in the future and the new COA is the first step. I agree change is hard but we at KTP are not being forced to leave and move our families to another state. You can look for yourself at this agreement and see that it is ten times better than any other COA agreement including our sister plant LAP. You all have an option and a right to vote, please use it wisely and read the COA for yourselves and make your vote for the future. I think we will be able to retire from KTP, but we all hate change and change is here.