KTP COA

KTPgal89

I'm glad to see you set your beer down long enough to come up with this winner of a response.

:stats:

[/quot

It is always a good time to buy ammo,, RC that cracks me up. Good luck on college and life after Ford. It is differant.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference in the paint booth in Lorain and the flex body at KTP,is that they are two different cirumstances.

Lorain's paint booth was installed before any agreements in writing,they had there MOA get voted down.

From what was told by some that transferred from Lorain,they never had in writing they would get new product(the excursion and super duty)so in turn people figured that it was going to KTP.

They in turn voted down there MOA,and the line for the t-bird closed and the paint shop was removed.

We have a agreement for not only flex bodyshop,but it will have new laser cell technology. No other plant has this technology as of now and that part is a big deal. Also a major investment in $$$.

We have in writing to be the sole producer for the super duty through 2011 and the next model change,which could run till 2014 as has been said depending on changes that are made.

You can take all that shit they have in writing and flush it down the shitter. Becasue when it comes time NOT IF, W-H-E-N!! That shit won't make one fucking bit of difference. Like ktpworker69 said they're going to do what they want, when they want, and how they want and don't give a fuck what's written on paper and the UAW will be right there letting them do it. MARK MY WORDS!!!!

You can take all that shit they have in writing and flush it down the shitter. Becasue when it comes time NOT IF, W-H-E-N!! That shit won't make one fucking bit of difference. Like ktpworker69 said they're going to do what they want, when they want, and how they want and don't give a fuck what's written on paper and the UAW will be right there letting them do it. MARK MY WORDS!!!!

Stand up and be a man and vote this shit down. People anybody who has been with the big three(past)has to know that if they decide to close a plant it doesnt matter how you vote. Time to stand up like our fathers and show some balls. Go down fighting. I have already heard some close friends say "if we dont vote yes they will close us down", and they may. Poker is not fun if you fold every time"can anyone say UAW". :happy feet: :happy feet: :censored::censored: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Stand up and be a man and vote this shit down. People anybody who has been with the big three(past)has to know that if they decide to close a plant it doesnt matter how you vote. Time to stand up like our fathers and show some balls. Go down fighting. I have already heard some close friends say "if we dont vote yes they will close us down", and they may. Poker is not fun if you fold every time"can anyone say UAW". :happy feet: :happy feet: :censored::censored: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Yeah let's go all in with a pair of twos.

Edited by ellu369

The difference in the paint booth in Lorain and the flex body at KTP,is that they are two different cirumstances.

Lorain's paint booth was installed before any agreements in writing,they had there MOA get voted down.

From what was told by some that transferred from Lorain,they never had in writing they would get new product(the excursion and super duty)so in turn people figured that it was going to KTP.

They in turn voted down there MOA,and the line for the t-bird closed and the paint shop was removed.

We have a agreement for not only flex bodyshop,but it will have new laser cell technology. No other plant has this technology as of now and that part is a big deal. Also a major investment in $$$.

We have in writing to be the sole producer for the super duty through 2011 and the next model change,which could run till 2014 as has been said depending on changes that are made.

Now with that,i'm not real crazy about the outsourcing of work. But the other plants have set precedent here by passing there COA's.

Here's the senario that COULD happen if we vote down our COA.

Some of F-150 production moved to Kansas City to make room for expedtion and navigator to DTP,remember they are flex and can run mutiple platforms.

Move super duty to MTP that would make them the sole producer of the super duty.Remember that they also have a flex bodyshop.

Remember that are current frame on the 2008 is based on F-150 tooling,thats the key to this possible senario that i've laid out.

We now secure the body from the bottom like the f-150.

Some will say that Kansas City doesn't have enough room for the needed volume,they could make them 3-crew to make enough room for DTP to pick up the expedtion and navigators.

I've had some say that they will just follow product,yes if there are openings at the new plant. They aren't required to move everyone. But thats a hell of a gamble if you ask me.

I'm not a person that gets excited very often,i usually look at pros and cons in detail and try to think outside the box at other variables.

Guess thats why i took the 4yr edopp buyout,i leave in June.

I will be voting yes on this COA,because i have to keep you guys working for at least 4 years. :shades:

You must remember that tomorrow the powers that be will "SUGAR COAT" THIS AGREEMENT and tell you how great this will be for the future of the plant. (Ask the people that passed their agreement only to have the doors closed) Remember we had an agreement in 2003 and low and behold the company opened it up and for some reason, we voted to give away our raises/cola/retiree benefits ect. to help out the company. The company in turn gives head dog 28 mil. bonus for 3-6 months work? Our very own head of the union, Mr. Gettlefinger get a 2.3% raise and no telling how much under the table for Mr. King getting this COA thing started at his home plant. These guys will stand up there and tell us that we have this in writing but it obviously does not mean shit. Past history tells us this.

Remember, we did not put the company in the situation it is in. That was well taken care of up in Detroit!!!! (we don't have to go into all the screw-ups they have made)

If we vote this down do they go back to the table? Do we lose flex body/laser whatever/sole producer of Super Duty? I believe we have the upper hand in this because we are the only plant in the system to be making profit for the units rolling off the line for the past 5 or so years. (so i have been told) We have the stamping plant. We are the biggest plant in the system under one roof. The order bank is strong. All the suppliers are within 5 hours of us. Too much other stuff to mention and if the company up and close the place then they they make my point EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!! STUPID BUSINESS DECISIONS WILL BE THE DOWNFALL OF FORD MOTOR COMPANY NOT THE UNION. (that means the people who actually build the damn vechicle) The powers that be cannot stand up there and "SUGAR COAT" this agreement. I would have more respect for them if they just told us the truth!!!!!!!! (You know, "this agreement is everything we stand against blah blah but ect. ect.) But they won't. It will be more along the lines of "this agreement is they greatest thing since the invention of the wheel" ect.ect. It will be a sad day. And the worst thing about it is I bet less than 500 people will show up tomorrow.

It does seem fitting that this was all done during Derby Week. Even though they have been behind closed doors since what? Feb/March? It gets done Monday (so the powers can attend the derby events) and the info meeting will be Sunday the day after the biggest party in town. Don't think for a minute this was not well thought out.

THANKS MR. ("I won't lose any sleep over this at night") ABLE, I'm sure you won't. Thanks ESKRIDGE, DUNN, KESSINGER for standing up there following the leader, and a big FU to Mr Gettlefinger and Mr. King for selling the history of the UAW out. (pitting plant against plant) I only hope Sept. goes better than the first 5 months of the year.

Edited by hawk0308

You must remember that tomorrow the powers that be will "SUGAR COAT" THIS AGREEMENT and tell you how great this will be for the future of the plant. (Ask the people that passed their agreement only to have the doors closed) Remember we had an agreement in 2003 and low and behold the company opened it up and for some reason, we voted to give away our raises/cola/retiree benefits ect. to help out the company. The company in turn gives head dog 28 mil. bonus for 3-6 months work? Our very own head of the union, Mr. Gettlefinger get a 2.3% raise and no telling how much under the table for Mr. King getting this COA thing started at his home plant. These guys will stand up there and tell us that we have this in writing but it obviously does not mean shit. Past history tells us this.

Remember, we did not put the company in the situation it is in. That was well taken care of up in Detroit!!!! (we don't have to go into all the screw-ups they have made)

If we vote this down do they go back to the table? Do we lose flex body/laser whatever/sole producer of Super Duty? I believe we have the upper hand in this because we are the only plant in the system to be making profit for the units rolling off the line for the past 5 or so years. (so i have been told) We have the stamping plant. We are the biggest plant in the system under one roof. The order bank is strong. All the suppliers are within 5 hours of us. Too much other stuff to mention and if the company up and close the place then they they make my point EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!! STUPID BUSINESS DECISIONS WILL BE THE DOWNFALL OF FORD MOTOR COMPANY NOT THE UNION. (that means the people who actually build the damn vechicle) The powers that be cannot stand up there and "SUGAR COAT" this agreement. I would have more respect for them if they just told us the truth!!!!!!!! (You know, "this agreement is everything we stand against blah blah but ect. ect.) But they won't. It will be more along the lines of "this agreement is they greatest thing since the invention of the wheel" ect.ect. It will be a sad day. And the worst thing about it is I bet less than 500 people will show up tomorrow.

It does seem fitting that this was all done during Derby Week. Even though they have been behind closed doors since what? Feb/March? It gets done Monday (so the powers can attend the derby events) and the info meeting will be Sunday the day after the biggest party in town. Don't think for a minute this was not well thought out.

THANKS MR. ("I won't lose any sleep over this at night") ABLE, I'm sure you won't. Thanks ESKRIDGE, DUNN, KESSINGER for standing up there following the leader, and a big FU to Mr Gettlefinger and Mr. King for selling the history of the UAW out. (pitting plant against plant) I only hope Sept. goes better than the first 5 months of the year.

I will be there. Will you?

Edited by ellu369

AMEN BROTHER!!!

Edited by ktpworker69

Sellout! What a legacy. He could have stepped down after conceeding for DELPHI to save face. This also would have made the other companies to bargin a little more carefully. But no, he wishes continue to show he's weak and by proxy the UAW is weak. I would not want to be known as the man who single handedly sold out the union. It's a wounder no one is taking direct action against people like this. Just as the fuel company owners, no morality just profits. By the time people begin holding them accountable it will be esceladed to the point that they will come home to their personal residents in flames. What a terrible fate when all they had to do was care for others also!

Edited by Furious1Auto

I am with you Tiger. It is to the point where they have pit their own against each other and now the UAW votes to cut their own jobs in order to save a few. Next time we'll be voting to cut a little more. Get rid of all the jobs you put 25 and 30 yrs in to get and there is no reason to stay in the grind. It would be a shame for someone to vote yes and get rid of jobs held by guys that fought to get these jobs 20+ yrs ago. Vote NO.

I am with you Tiger. It is to the point where they have pit their own against each other and now the UAW votes to cut their own jobs in order to save a few. Next time we'll be voting to cut a little more. Get rid of all the jobs you put 25 and 30 yrs in to get and there is no reason to stay in the grind. It would be a shame for someone to vote yes and get rid of jobs held by guys that fought to get these jobs 20+ yrs ago. Vote NO.

You know, and I think that is the whole problem. There has been a entire class that has made it through a 30 cycle without strike. The current employ seem to have the mentallity of a spoiled child. Never knowing sacrifice, They have no problem giving away what The U.A.W. of old earned for them. As long as the consessions don't affect them directly then it's O.K. Screw my co-workers. Screw the other plants we have work. These people that have that mindset will lose their sense of humor when their head is on the chopping block!

Edited by Furious1Auto

You know, and I think that is the whole problem. There has been a entire class that has made it through a 30 cycle without strike. The current employ seem to have the mentallity of a spoiled child. Never knowing sacrifice, They have no problem giving away what The U.A.W. of old earned for them. As long as the consessions don't affect them directly then it's O.K. Screw my co-workers. Screw the other plants we have work. These people that have that mindset will lose their sense of humor when their head is on the chopping block!

I have said this before that we are going to have to bleed a little bit more then the Ford family and its stock holders before the cutting stops.

Then q-u-i-t. Stop paying the Union dues. Find another j-o-b. If you hate paying so much, and hate this company, do us all a favor and leave. And no, I do not want to hear your sob story about why you can't leave.

You probably walk around the plant with one of those Mike Stewa** "They Can Do That" shirts. Yes, they can. Because they are the company. They write the checks.

Go away.

typical SUCKASS......you admit that "they can do that" then WHAT THE FUCK DO I PAY DUES FOR????????????????????????? WHAT THE FUCK DO WE EVEN HAVE A CONTRACT FOR? ANSWER THAT FOR ME WOULD YA? if you have a legitimate response, i'll be waiting for the answer

typical SUCKASS......you admit that "they can do that" then WHAT THE FUCK DO I PAY DUES FOR????????????????????????? WHAT THE FUCK DO WE EVEN HAVE A CONTRACT FOR? ANSWER THAT FOR ME WOULD YA? if you have a legitimate response, i'll be waiting for the answer

God I hope you are on Junes buyout list!

Edited by ellu369

you couldnt be so lucky, one has to be a real stupid fuck to take 100,000 to quit a 24 yr job. that would be the dumbest thing ive ever seen......besides paying $700 a yr in union dues

Don't know about the 100,000 buyouts,but the education buyouts don't have union dues coming out of there checks.

I don't think anybody would think you would take a buyout with 24 yrs. I don't think anybody knew your senority,mine is april 98. I'm still on the fence as far as to take the education buyout,wanted to see what happens with the COA first. I already take classes at Spalding in the accelerated classes,so i can get my degree in about the same time. Would be giving up alot of income if i leave. Will make my mind probably in a couple days after the COA vote ends tonite.

It was interesting to listen to the media's interpretation of our COA vote while working on the line last week. The press release that the union gave out made it sound like it was up to those who were voting on the COA as to whether or not there would be a Super Duty product made in Louisville, KY in the future. Amazing...upper management AND the union have found a way to ultimately hold the rank and file accountable for future production. What's the point of voting on a contract every four years? It seems whenever the company or the union wants to change something there's a vote... :redcard:

If you were not a stupid fuck you could take the money AND find another job!

Explain to me in all your infinite wisdom why you find the need to curse at me? Go back and read ellu369's post#64. It is not the first time that ktpworker69 has went off in a total rant. He was making a sarcastic comment back when he said he hoped he was on the june buyout list.

As far as me, i'll cut and paste from another response in this thread that i posted:

I'm still on the fence as far as to take the education buyout,wanted to see what happens with the COA first. I already take classes at Spalding in the accelerated classes,so i can get my degree in about the same time. Would be giving up alot of income if i leave. Will make my mind probably in a couple days after the COA vote ends tonite.

I don't owe ANY money on my autos or my HOUSE,plus other investments. Guess that makes we far from being what you decided to describe me as being.