Drove a MKX today....

I carried my 2005 Mariner in to have the air conditioner repared ( leaky O'Rings ) and the dealer let me drive a loaded AWD MKX.

I must admit that I really enjoyed the few hours I drove it. The air conditioned seats were nice. I like the way it drives and handles. The thing had little wind and road noise. The driving position was excellent. I found the seats much more comfortable than the ones in the Edge. I could really enjoy the BAMER moon roof. Quite impressive. This one was equiped exactly the way I wanted. It even had the towing package. I am not sure it is worth the cost difference with a loaded AWD Edge SLE Plus, ( $6-8K more ) but it was nice...

I was a little dissapointed in the stereo system. It had good sound quality, but was not any better than the one in my Mariner. I could still tell that the brakes are the weak point in the car. They still feel mushy and the stops are not at all confidence inspiring.

Overall I love the car, but I think I will wait for the brake fix. Hopfully it will be addressed in the 2008 model....

• 2 weeks later...
I was a little dissapointed in the stereo system. It had good sound quality, but was not any better than the one in my Mariner.

Curious, was this the upgraded THX stereo system you were disappointed in?

I'm guessing it wasn't. My ears aren't the most highly trained, but then most sound systems sound about the same to me. And the THX system in the MKX I drove sounded amazing.

On the other hand, I found the front seats surprisingly firm. This wasn't much of a problem while driving, but was a surprise every time I got into the MKX.

I fully agree on the low sound levels. Very quiet.

Link to my full review on this page:

Lincoln MKX information