06 Pirelli Tires and Flatspotting

GaryH507

Has anyone experienced problems with flatspotting in the Pirellis that are on the '06 Ponys? I have a situation where the car rides very rough in the AM after sitting all night. I live about 2 miles from the interstate so I hit the highway pretty quickly in the AM and it seems like the tires are flatspotted after sitting overnight. On the way home all is smooth since I hit "suburban" traffic before I am on the highway. Anyone else with this issue and the Pirellis?

THe car has about 6800 miles and wasn't driven much over the Winter, generally 1 week per month, so I am wondering if they are affected by sitting so much in the snowy weather.

Has anyone experienced problems with flatspotting in the Pirellis that are on the '06 Ponys? I have a situation where the car rides very rough in the AM after sitting all night. I live about 2 miles from the interstate so I hit the highway pretty quickly in the AM and it seems like the tires are flatspotted after sitting overnight. On the way home all is smooth since I hit "suburban" traffic before I am on the highway. Anyone else with this issue and the Pirellis?

THe car has about 6800 miles and wasn't driven much over the Winter, generally 1 week per month, so I am wondering if they are affected by sitting so much in the snowy weather.

Some tires are more prone than others. Try putting an extra 2-4 lbs of air in each tire - that should help.

Pirelli tires aren't worth the money they want for them. I don't have a Mustang but My Saleen Explorer has gone through 2 sets of these things (Scorpion Zeros) and I don't even have 60,000 miles on it. I'm not even an agressive driver and I'm at the point that I wouldn't use Pirellis on a lawnmower. I think Pirelli must use a really soft compound for the flatspotting to occur even with normal rotation and balancing. All four of mine were flatspotted with less than 20,000 miles on the 2nd set. I just switched to Goodyear Eagle ResponsEdges and the ride is so much better and the handling hasn't missed a beat. The Goodyears also have double the treadlife warranty of the Pirellis. Never buying Pirellis again. I think the majority of XP8 owners have moved on from the Pirelli tire to something else as well. Still goes to show you that made in America still means something.

Edited by Drake

Pirelli tires aren't worth the money they want for them. I don't have a Mustang but My Saleen Explorer has gone through 2 sets of these things (Scorpion Zeros) and I don't even have 60,000 miles on it. I'm not even an agressive driver and I'm at the point that I wouldn't use Pirellis on a lawnmower. I think Pirelli must use a really soft compound for the flatspotting to occur even with normal rotation and balancing. All four of mine were flatspotted with less than 20,000 miles on the 2nd set. I just switched to Goodyear Eagle ResponsEdges and the ride is so much better and the handling hasn't missed a beat. The Goodyears also have double the treadlife warranty of the Pirellis. Never buying Pirellis again. I think the majority of XP8 owners have moved on from the Pirelli tire to something else as well. Still goes to show you that made in America still means something.

I have to disagree here. SUV's drive different than sport or GT cars. I have only 4000 miles on my 2006 Mustang GT and I think these Pirelli P-Zeros are great tires. Maybe it is too early to tell but I have had the car up to 100 miles per hour plus with no wheel vibration.

I am impartial to Bridgestone Potenza tires also and would like to buy American but can anyone recommend anything good? Dunlop, Firestone, Goodyear? Even the Japanese and Indonesia are doing a better job producing tires! So if anyone has tires they truly like, please let us all know.