2008 Escape - After market accessories

loki

• 1 month later...

I am also looking for some info on a HID kit for the 08 Escape. My gf owns one and the high beams are terrible! I need to know what type of lights i will need for the high beams. if somebody could look in the owners manual that would be great.

i would ask the gf to look but it would just turn into chaos! ;)

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

When I had a Honda (forgive me please) there was a great accessories site on the web for discounted parts. It was a dealer in Sacramento so all the parts were "official", but they also sold other aftermarket accessories for my vehicle. Does anyone know of a similar internet store for Fords, the Escape in particular? Most of the ones I have looked at haven't updated for the 2008 model or don't look very reliable. Even eBay seems to lack many accessories. Yes, molded splash guards would be good. I picked up my hybrid yesterday and the parts department tried to tell me the roof rack cross bars were $100 EACH (for the hybrid, as if they are different from the regular Escape) instead of for the pair like the Ford catalog says.

This seems to be the closest I have found so far: Ford Parts Direct

Dealer in Texas

I placed an order from the dealer in Texas and have yet to receive a response for status after numerous attempts via phone and email. They have not charged the card yet, but I would STAY AWAY from this dealer...

Finally got word from the Texas dealer that the cross bars were on back order so the order was cancelled. Any body know of anywhere I can get these in stock? Or other accessories?

Edited by leoart

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
I would like to find molded mudflaps.

I haven't bought any aftermarket escape parts from these guys, but have ordered several other items from them. This is a good site and sends out discounts frequently.

http://www.autoanything.com/suv/ford/escap...6A197A2009.aspx

Get on their mailing list, I get coupons all the time from them (but they frequently exclude most of the major brands). Since it's summer, you can probably get a code for savings from them in the next month or two. Or google on autoanything coupon.

I would like to find molded mudflaps.

There is rumored to be molded mudflaps now available for the 08's on one of the site's I frequent, i believe Green hybrid; but no one has taken the plunge and confirmed this info yet.

I tried last year, the dealer said yes we have molded splash guards, go to pick them up & they are the inner wheel well linings :(

As for other mods, i'ved added some side moldings (ebay) and Hybrid emblems (eBay) to my doors. Swapped my antenna with a Sport Trac for the silver look, and added the plain flat mudflaps to the front.

Still holding out for a clear or chrome bugshield & possible moonroof deflector.

I picked up my hybrid yesterday and the parts department tried to tell me the roof rack cross bars were $100 EACH (for the hybrid, as if they are different from the regular Escape) instead of for the pair like the Ford catalog says.

This seems to be the closest I have found so far: Ford Parts Direct

Dealer in Texas

I placed an order from the dealer in Texas and have yet to receive a response for status after numerous attempts via phone and email. They have not charged the card yet, but I would STAY AWAY from this dealer...

Finally got word from the Texas dealer that the cross bars were on back order so the order was cancelled. Any body know of anywhere I can get these in stock? Or other accessories?

Did you buy your Escape new? It should have come with cross bars!

As far as different than regualr Escape, I can't say, but can't see why? I know the cargo cover is different (shorter to fit around the read AC unit)

If you need some, you might check over on green hybrid.com or other hybrid boards, i'm sure people are removing theirs in attempts to increase mpg's a little ;)

Sorry keeping mine for that just incase some day (never used any yet in the 8+ years I've had some on all my vehicles tho!)