ford boys may sell some stake in the company

megirldeth

what do you think will happen if the fords sell stake in the company? I was watching bloomberg today and heard they may.

The first thing the new owners would do is get rid of Bill Ford and Mark Fields. They would put someone in charge who could actually save the company without screwing up so many lives and running the stock in the ground. Its fords only chance of survival.

Edited by stickman

The first thing the new owners would do is get rid of Bill Ford and Mark Fields. They would put someone in charge who could actually save the company without screwing up so many lives and running the stock in the ground. Its fords only chance of survival.

I totally agree.

If Bill Jr. sells 1 penny worth of stock he should be booted out just on shear principle.

What a traitor.

I totally agree.

If Bill Jr. sells 1 penny worth of stock he should be booted out just on shear principle.

What a traitor.

I couldn't agree more on this, Ebritt. But even if Bill Jr does get booted, same with Mark Fields too, you can bet they won't be in a world of hurt......or will they? Just my thoughts :banmolest:

I totally agree.

What a traitor.

Traitor?

Many on this site keep forgetting that Ford is nothing more than a business. When I invest, I want to make money with the investment.

Why would anyone, including the Ford family hold on to stock when they believe it's going to tank?

Companies fail all the time, but life goes on.

The vultures will start circling the body..............

If the ford family should sell there controlling share in the Company I feel it will go down something like this>>>>Just like they tried to put the spin on the sell off of their parts plants many years ago(visteon) " this is the best thing that could of ever happpened to you" and so on. they will have the big public image push on their selling of their stake so that they can pump up the value of the stock then dump. Ever hear the term on the market .....Pump and Dump ( no not you high school dates either) they would basically be taking out a 125% mortgage on the company and then letting it go back to the bank... like so many home owners did last year! So basically they get their money out and the fools left go down with the sinking ship. The current structure of the stock prevents this, with their selling it off all asses are in the breeze. the only good thing the family could do for the sake of the bussiness is to take it private, manage their dept, and reissue the stock when the numbers are more in line... IMOHO

Traitor?

Many on this site keep forgetting that Ford is nothing more than a business. When I invest, I want to make money with the investment.

Why would anyone, including the Ford family hold on to stock when they believe it's going to tank?

Companies fail all the time, but life goes on.

Ford should be more than a business to Bill Jr. It is his heritage, his legacy.

He should be ashamed of his performance.