E Series

kenkillsr

Yeah, that's easy. None from what I've been reading. Not for maybe 2 years. Sounds like Ford is waiting to put in their new Lion diesel instead of new Powerstroke.

Kinda short sighted if you ask me. That's a lot of ambulance business...

from my personal experience with an 04 6.0 in an e series........they can keep an 08...

i d bet that no improvement s are planned for 08 if they do keep it in......

my problems, turbo, egr, oil leak off bell housing billed as leak coming from up top, but never fixed, tran recall, poor fuel economy after reflash........ batteries failed in less than 2 years, upper/lower ball joints, and stuff i cant remember right now.........

all within 34k on odo...........

time spent in dealer, approx 9 weeks out of the 2 years owned.....most of that in the last 8 months of ownership............

and a lousy resale value, 5 k less than 03 7.3 psd van sold same age, same mileage..

May 25, 2007

To: All Ford Dealers

Subject: 2008 E-Series 6.0L Diesel Engine Announcement

Ford Motor Company reached an agreement with our supplier to offer the 6.0L diesel engine in the 2008 E-Series. The diesel option will again be available on E350 regular length wagons, E350 vans, E350 and E450 cutaways. The diesel will not be available for production at Job #1 of the 2008 model year, August 6, 2007, as production timing is still in the planning stages. Additional ordering, scheduling and pricing information will be communicated to you as soon as it is available. Thank you for your patience.

Ford Motor Company reached an agreement with our supplier to offer the 6.0L diesel engine in the 2008 E-Series. The diesel option will again be available on E350 regular length wagons, E350 vans, E350 and E450 cutaways. The diesel will not be available for production at Job #1 of the 2008 model year, August 6, 2007, as production timing is still in the planning stages. Additional ordering, scheduling and pricing information will be communicated to you as soon as it is available. Thank you for your patience.

Confirmed ! Definitely "Post Job #1"

There maybe some issues with credit from ITEC being transfered to Ford to make this happen, but both companies realize it is in their own best interest.

• 2 weeks later...
May 25, 2007

To: All Ford Dealers

Subject: 2008 E-Series 6.0L Diesel Engine Announcement

Okay;

Will someone 'splain what Job#1 is?

Yeah, I'm a dummy!

Edited by kenkillsr