PLEASE start leaving build sheets in the car again!

Stangnut

I am a Mustang FANATIC. (see screen name... it's not an exaggeration)

I was able to PDI my own car so I kept EVRY piece of paper wrapping, etc that was in the car from the factory. However there wasn't a build sheet in there. And after speaking to many other Mustang owners, including ones that have torn their cars apart, it's apparent, they are no longer put in the car.

I know they are left in most of the trucks that come out of the Kentucky plant, why can't the Mazda guys (gals) at AAI leave them in there for us?! It's simple. Just stuff it in the glove box once the car's completed. Or whatever one of the last parts is to go on the car, hide it behind/under there. (somewhere a stupid dealer won't find it and throw it away)

I'll bet the Corvette guys get their build sheets. But of course they can watch their cars being built and even drive them off the assembly line, but that's a whole other complaint.

Yea I know what you mean, but no Fords made in the last 20 years are ever going to be worth anything. I am kind of trying to get Ford on the big Boss bandwagon but i don't know if it will happen. If it did I was just going to bring it home and put it in storage for about 30 years. I wouldn't mind a build sheet.

Stangnut... Go to the dealership where you bought your 05 Mustang with the VIN handy. Walk over to the parts department and ask them to print out the "features" list off of "HVBOM". Also ask them to give you a print out off of "VCIS", should cover what you're looking for and since you bought the vehicle there ( and in my mind even if you didn't ) should be no charge.

Oh, believe me I have ever piece of paperwork that I could get my hands on. (and since the car waas delivered straight to me from the factory and never even saw the dealership, that's all of it)

It's not really that I want a list of what's on the car, it's just the fact of having the build sheet. That's always been a big part of the car hobby, from my point of view, with old cars. I'm sure someone on the assembly line would just throw it away anyway. Why not leave it in the car?

As for no Fords in the last 20 years being collectable? You have no idea what the collector car hobby is about do you?

Yes, they do toss them out , the Broadcast sheets that is. The broadcast sheets shows the options for that department , once it passes through that department it's replaced with another sheet with the options for that next department that the car passes through.They were taped under the hood or on the bumpers.Then toward the end of the Final line, the broadcast sheets are taken off the vehicle and a VIT ( Vehicle Identification Tag) was issued. The VIT sheet is a option check off Sheet for the inspector, it also records all defects from Paint to Test roll to the Shower test. It is taken out of the car at the PDI Department and processed. PDI is the last department the car goes through for final inspection. The VIT( vehicle identification tag) are then stored. Now thats the wayI remember it a few years back when I worked as a inspector at the Flat Rock plant( AAI). They may do things different now. Yes we used to leave a few of the final broadcast sheets tucked away in some odd places for the owners. ;)

Thanks for the assembly line lesson. So far, I haven't heard of anyone finding one in an '05+.

So is this a broadcast sheet? Or what would you call it? I found it in a 2006 F350 built in Kentucky.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?ac...e=post&id=43513

First time I have seen one of those in long while, Damn those sheets have not changed in 40 years.

Matthew

Thanks for the assembly line lesson. So far, I haven't heard of anyone finding one in an '05+.

So is this a broadcast sheet? Or what would you call it? I found it in a 2006 F350 built in Kentucky.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?ac...e=post&id=43513

That looks completely different from what I found-that looks like what I found (pieces) of in my 73. My sheet looks like this-http://www.gotstang.com/photodisplay.php?u...=1&showimage=86

Yea I know what you mean, but no Fords made in the last 20 years are ever going to be worth anything. I am kind of trying to get Ford on the big Boss bandwagon but i don't know if it will happen. If it did I was just going to bring it home and put it in storage for about 30 years. I wouldn't mind a build sheet.

I see several current Ford Motor Company products becoming very collectible in the future:

All Aston Martins

Jag XK/XJ

Maybe a couple Land Rovers

Ford GT

Lincoln Blackwood

GT500

Mustang Cobra

Mustang Mach 1

Mustang Bullitt

Heck, just about everything SVT has gotten their hands on will be a pretty novel gadget to own in another 20-30 years.