EL Wind Noise

LBC

I have an 07 EL and on windy days it sounds like I have the drivers window cracked. I noticed this in another EL I drove and a co-worker has the same problem with hers. Has anyone else noticed this? Have you talked to your dealer about the problem?

Yes, we have it in our EB. We had the dealer check it and they said that it is a normal air flow noise.

With this being said, the passager side is supper quite, so if it was normal it seems like both side would do it.

Hopefully if enough people let them know about the wind noise, maybe the factory can address the issue.

Yes, we have it in our EB. We had the dealer check it and they said that it is a normal air flow noise.

With this being said, the passager side is supper quite, so if it was normal it seems like both side would do it.

Hopefully if enough people let them know about the wind noise, maybe the factory can address the issue.

Add me to the list. My 07 EB makes the same noise. I guess I should feel better that it appears to be normal.

• 4 months later...
There are a couple of TSB's for this issue. I had them performed but the wind noise is still horrible.

I think I have found the source of my wind noise. It seams the outer weatherstripping seal is not working how it should. Take a look at the drive door at this location.

Door_1.JPG

Door_2.JPG

It seems like the top of the door does not seal against the frame tight enough. And, secondly, the channel that hold the strip on the frame is bent outward, as you can see in the first picture. Not good for wind noise. I taped the entire area and almost every seam on the driver door(had to get in the passenger side) and the noise was greatley reduced. While your driving and the sound it present, take your finger and break the seal of the inner weatherstripping and the door, is the noise you hear louder?

Also, does your wind noise change depending on where you drive? The noise for me seems to be loudest during a slight to strong headwind, and pretty quiet when the air is still.

Edited by Buzzforbrains