If the '08 Crown Victoria is "fleet only"...then the name should be shelved so it doesn't get ruined. Rename the car (LTD...500... LTD 500??) and preserve the elegance of the name Crown Victoria.

Roll out a 6" stretch version of the new Taurus and name it Crown Victoria instead.

I also think Ford is making a big mistake by walking away from rental fleet sales....where do you think those fleet customers are going to go?

Edited by twintornados

If the '08 Crown Victoria is "fleet only"...then the name should be shelved so it doesn't get ruined. Rename the car (LTD...500... LTD 500??) and preserve the elegance of the name Crown Victoria.

Roll out a 6" stretch version of the new Taurus and name it Crown Victoria instead.

I also think Ford is making a big mistake by walking away from rental fleet sales....where do you think those fleet customers are going to go?

are you nuts, remane the Crown Victoria which has name appeal from limo and cops to 500 whick ford dropped becuase no one ever heard of it and then rename it Taurus.

Ford should keep the Crown Victoria Rear wheel drive. I saw a photo of the Ford Falcon from down under and Ford is testing it here in the USA in Dearborn. I say make Ford new Crown Vic with a V-10, Make the MErcury a V-12 and the Lincoln Town Car a V-16 wiith 1,000 hp to rival the Caddy 16

V-10? V-12?? V-16??? Are you kidding!?!? Who is the target customer for these cars? I can just see Gramma now firing up the V-16 Lincoln to run down to the local Piggly-Wiggly, or to the indian bingo hall.

I want to see Ford preserve the name Crown Victoria.....as it goes, she will now be equated to "fleet queen" and low rent interiors. Not a very fitting end to a proud name in the history of the Ford Motor Company.