Ford Canada Website adds Taurus Info

MKII

Taurus Canadian MSRP higher then out going FiveHundred

Now this I find very irritating. Have they not noticed that the Canadian dollar has appreciated by something like 30% relative to the US dollar in the last couple of years? At the rate things are going, by the time the car I want is available we'll be at parity.

Now this I find very irritating. Have they not noticed that the Canadian dollar has appreciated by something like 30% relative to the US dollar in the last couple of years? At the rate things are going, by the time the car I want is available we'll be at parity.

1.00 USD = 1.05878 CAD

Canadians buying vehicles State side is getting popular, for certain brands. But Canada being a small market is a major reason pricing is higher.

Edited by MKII

1.00 USD = 1.05878 CAD

Canadians buying vehicles State side is getting popular, for certain brands. But Canada being a small market is a major reason pricing is higher.

Hardly a reasonable excuse when they can just drive them across the border and sell them here. Some are even built in Canada, for heaven's sake! This is just a blatant ripoff of consumers.

The Canadian market Taurus includes AdvanceTrak as standard equipment, several other models also offer standard stability or traction control when it is optional stateside. DRLs are standard, by law, in Canada, engine block heaters are available, a number of differences but they add up.

The Canadian market Taurus includes AdvanceTrak as standard equipment, several other models also offer standard stability or traction control when it is optional stateside. DRLs are standard, by law, in Canada, engine block heaters are available, a number of differences but they add up.

I'm looking at the top-of-the-line-everything-included prices and they differ by 30% when they should differ by 5%. That's just gouging, plain and simple.

Hardly a reasonable excuse when they can just drive them across the border and sell them here. Some are even built in Canada, for heaven's sake! This is just a blatant ripoff of consumers.

I am not aware of any Taurus models being built in Canada. I believe they are all built in Chicago.

I am not aware of any Taurus models being built in Canada. I believe they are all built in Chicago.

I meant cars/trucks in general, not Taurus in particular. The ridiculous markup applies uniformly across the model (and mostly across brands too). They are quick to raise prices when our exchange rate gets worse, but they don't drop the prices when the exchange rises 30%.

• 3 weeks later...

I built and priced one on the Canada site and if there's something that bugged me just like the Edge is some features (upgraded stereo) can only be had if you move up to a more expensive model. I noticed the Edges lower models have incentives on them and I hope the Taurus doesn't have that problem. Seriously, I'd like to upgrade the stereo to the Audiophile but I can't in the SEL. You can in the States, why not here?

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the marketing effort is starting in Canada. They now have the Taurus X, and Ford Family Pricing was announced. This pricing makes up for much of the exchange rate gap, which is probably why they are doing it -- more hype without really costing them anything.