2008 Ford Edge

bri719

this might be better served over on fordedgeforums but oh well giving it a shot here first. not many announcements have been made about the 2nd year Ford Edge, other than updated brakes (I haven't found official news on this, but all signs are it's going to happen).

I've been wondering what else is new for '08, and here's what I came up with thus far from the Ford Fleet website:

Revised trim levels:

- SE

- SEL

- LIMITED (previously SEL-Plus)

Safety & Security:

Didn't find anything

Standard Features:

Improved brakes*

Major Optional Features:

All-new Ford Sync™ communications and entertainment system

Power liftgate

Optional Packages:

Interior Appearance Package (60E)

• Premium red leather seating surfaces, and red contrast stitching on steering wheel and shifter knob

New Exterior Color Options (4):

White Sand Tri-Coat M

Light Ice Blue M

Dark Ink Blue M

Vapor Silver M

Deleted Exterior Color Options (4):

Carbon M

Pewter M

Lt. Sage M

Dark Amethyst M

I know there is more, but I couldn't tell some features which were new and what was already offered since the fordvehicles.com is a bit of a pain. anyone else know anything yet?

* not officially announced

Edited by bri719

Good, SEL Plus didn't fit in with Ford's model system anyway. For 2009 I think Fusion should get a Limited model with std leather, std sync, std navigation system, unique wheels, unique interior finish of some sort, etc. This would give Fusion a model to position against the super high content Accords and Camrys. True, Ford has Taurus to cover part of that market but it couldn't hurt right?

I think they used SEL Plus because "Limited" sounded to hoity toity for the Edge demographic.

Off topic but I can't resist mentioning one of the best nomenclature schemes ever.

My sister-in-law had a top series G20. It was called (you guessed it) an Infinity Limited.

Of the previous colour schemes, i was quite happy with carbon and pewter, they were my 2nd and 3rd choices behind the copper. I might have snagged a dark blue though - not the purple, didnt quite look right.

Be interesting to see what changes they do make though and hopefully there will be some stuff in the pipeline as accessories that arent currently available. I have a few accessories already, but there doesnt seem to be much out there at the moment.

I am happy to see they are finally adding Blue to the color selection.

yeah me too. I've seen the Ice Blue - it's pretty nice (just not for me).

the "Ink" color is pretty standard for what you see in the SUV segment, it's kind of like your normal Ford dark blue paint people have seen on many Explorers of the past. I will likely not own another blue car, but I think it definitely stood out that they did not offer one at all with the 2007 MY Edge

I think the amethyst definitely had to be the least popular and that's why they axed it. silver is a good replacement for carbon. again, pretty standard car color and very popular with imports

Edited by bri719