MKX CD Player Meltdown

Wife put in a CD in slot 1 and received a "CD ERROR". So she tried to put a CD in slot 2 and received the same "CD Error". When she tried to eject the CD, the player made a loud robotic movement type of sound. This sound even continued after the car was turned off. Now the CD player makes loud noises and will not reject the CD. Just curious if any other MKX owners have had this issue? Also, prospective buyers will do themselves well by checking out the site http://www.carbuyingtips.com. Saved me around 2K.

Wife put in a CD in slot 1 and received a "CD ERROR". So she tried to put a CD in slot 2 and received the same "CD Error". When she tried to eject the CD, the player made a loud robotic movement type of sound. This sound even continued after the car was turned off. Now the CD player makes loud noises and will not reject the CD. Just curious if any other MKX owners have had this issue? Also, prospective buyers will do themselves well by checking out the site http://www.carbuyingtips.com. Saved me around 2K.

It's just jammed - hardly a "meltdown". Are these factory CDs or homemade? With or without labels?

**Update**

Dealer is replacing the entire radio unit.

I also had them install dvd headrests. I will post pictures and provide more details in a different thread.

**Also, important to know...The dealership tried to send my headrests back to the manufacturer after the installation. I was pretty furious and stated that I paid for this vehicle why in the %%%% would you send my headrests back to the manufacturer (wanted to keep them just in case someone decided to steal the dvd headrests). Never really received a clear answer, but I did receive my headrests back.

Re: headrests --

If your car has a DVD system relating to the unit in the dash, it's all connected and they would want to redo the whole thing.

It's not like they want to jack your headrests because the dealership would be in big trouble if so.

The headrest had a built in dvd player. 2 headrests 2 dvd players top loading. Irregardless of this fact, if the dealership took out the factory headrest to put in a headrest with a screen, then what difference would it make if the system is connected. They should not have attempted to send back my original factory headrest.