0% financing + $2007 cash back

wandawoman

Unfortunately for me, the 0% APR is only for 36 months. Hopefully it will be extended to 72 months before long. I was going to pull the trigger today if it was applicable to 72 months. The 72 months financing went from 5.9% up to 7.9%.

Edited by OUFan22

I truly don't think that 0% APR for 36 months on the more expensive vehicles like the EB Expedition EL will increase sales. Payments at 0% APR for the Expeditions for 36 months are going to be in excess of $1,100 per month. I surely can't do that.

Edited by OUFan22

I truly don't think that 0% APR for 36 months on the more expensive vehicles like the EB Expedition EL will increase sales. Payments at 0% APR for the Expeditions for 36 months are going to be in excess of $1,100 per month. I surely can't do that.

0% is always used as a hook .. people hear it and wanter in . .they get to the target price.. then they apply for financing andd find out they do not wualify for the 0% .. but they are so far down the buying experience - they do not back out .. and get the car anyways ... 0% financing has always been one of the cheapest rebates for the automakers .. because they advertise it everyone, yet give it to only a few.

Igor

0 % for 72 months is what i got on my 06 navigator in jan of this year....sweat deal, 634 bucks a month for 59 k sticker vehicle. crissman ford/lincoln in michigan..... no money down.

i dont think you ll see 0 for 72 thou on the expeditions until late o7 and that s if 07 inventories are still high.

• 2 weeks later...
0 % for 72 months is what i got on my 06 navigator in jan of this year....sweat deal, 634 bucks a month for 59 k sticker vehicle. crissman ford/lincoln in michigan..... no money down.

i dont think you ll see 0 for 72 thou on the expeditions until late o7 and that s if 07 inventories are still high.

Damn that is hell of a deal... Hopefully that "might" happen again for the new Navigators!!!! :shades:

• 11 months later...
LOL your funny, but ford needs to do this plan again to move the expy's off the lots. They only sold 3500 units in june of 2008!!!

They can likely still make a profit on them at that volume though. The biggest question of profitability is keeping the plants busy. MTP is a flex plant. If they can't figure out a way to utilize the line while Expy/Navi sales are slow, then yes, they will lose a considerable amount of money, but if they flex something else in, or move the Expy/Navi to a more utilized plant, I think it's a sustainable volume.

In the meantime though, yeah...I expect some pretty hefty incentives hitting them soon.

They can likely still make a profit on them at that volume though. The biggest question of profitability is keeping the plants busy. MTP is a flex plant. If they can't figure out a way to utilize the line while Expy/Navi sales are slow, then yes, they will lose a considerable amount of money, but if they flex something else in, or move the Expy/Navi to a more utilized plant, I think it's a sustainable volume.

In the meantime though, yeah...I expect some pretty hefty incentives hitting them soon.

How is ford making any profit off of there SUVs when they have huge incentives on them to move them off the lots.

The Escape and Mariner are the only SUVs that are selling well. The Expediton/Navigator, Explorer/sporttrac/Mountaineer are not doing so hot.