Last NAP truck built on Ebay

He almost certainly had to pay taxes on it... if the truck is valued at $30,000 that amount gets added to his income for the year could put him in the highest bracket he;'s ever been in.... - this means he probably paid at least $10,000 in sales tax, state income tax (if any) and federal income tax...

It's really doubtful Ford paid the taxes for him but if they paid him $10,000 extra for taxes that amount is also taxable.

He almost certainly had to pay taxes on it... if the truck is valued at $30,000 that amount gets added to his income for the year could put him in the highest bracket he;'s ever been in.... - this means he probably paid at least $10,000 in sales tax, state income tax (if any) and federal income tax...

It's really doubtful Ford paid the taxes for him but if they paid him $10,000 extra for taxes that amount is also taxable.

Why would he pay $10,000 in taxes?

It is taxed as income, that's what we were all told at NAP.

The reality of it is that THAT truck wasn't the last truck BUILT at NAP. The truck he won had been built weeks earlier and while it may have been the 'last one off the line' it certianly wasn't the last truck BUILT at NAP.

I would have kept the truck, probably given it to my dad to use, with rights to borrow it at anytime. :-)

It is taxed as income, that's what we were all told at NAP.

The reality of it is that THAT truck wasn't the last truck BUILT at NAP. The truck he won had been built weeks earlier and while it may have been the 'last one off the line' it certianly wasn't the last truck BUILT at NAP.

I would have kept the truck, probably given it to my dad to use, with rights to borrow it at anytime. :-)

I would have kept it too. It would be very nice to own a big part of history from a plant that built the number 1 selling truck in history for so long. I guess winning the truck was not a significant event for him as it would have been for a lot of us.

History is more or less bunk

"Myself, if I had won it, I would have driven the wheels off it because it's the last truck made by the employees of the Norfolk Assembly Plant," said Chris Kimmons, the president of United Auto Workers Local 919, which represented workers at the plant. "I guess it ain't all about tradition. Sometimes it's about money."

Hey Chris- uh, do you realize, YOU could BUY it!!!