AC Fan is Stuck on High

Fan stuck on High Speed, even when turned off?

2006 Lariat CrewCab 4x4 SB Diesel. Has electronic AC. Can run the green bar up and down, but the “fan” stays on High?

Where is the problem?

Hi Houston. :D When that happens (only high fan speed) with a manually operated A/C system, the usual culprit is the resistor for the switch/blower motor. Not sure if it would be the same for an Automatic Temperature Control system. If it is, then the resistor would be a good place to start looking.

Like Pioneer said, if it is under warranty take it to the Dealer. If it is not under warranty, I would start with the resistor, unless someone has some more expertise/knowledge.

Hope it is nothing serious. Good luck! :beerchug:

Can you tell me where the resistor is located, so I can look at it?

When you say electonic controll unit, do you mean the head unit in the dash board, or is it a computer box somewhere? Maybe I could just check and see if it is slightly un-plugged or something?

(My dealer sux big time)

Edited by HoustonPerson

Can you tell me where the resistor is located, so I can look at it?

When you say electonic controll unit, do you mean the head unit in the dash board, or is it a computer box somewhere? Maybe I could just check and see if it is slightly un-plugged or something?

(My dealer sux big time)

Hello again Houston. :mellow: Sorry, but I am not much help as to the location of the resistor on your F-Series.

However, again, if your vehicle is still under warranty, I would recommend you take it to the Dealer for warranty service.

If your Dealer's Service Department makes you uncomfortable, take it to another Ford Dealer. This way the service will be free, and you will not just be guessing and throwing parts at the problem.

Just my opinion.

I hope it is nothing serious, and whatever you decide to do, good luck :beerchug: