Lexus SUED - over lack of response to faulty airbags

igor

Hmmm, a million trucks with steering linkage problems. That could be interesting. I'm sure its not Toyota's fault though. I mean, they only put it in their vehicle.

NHTSA Campaign ID Number: 05V389000 - Get Details

Recall Data: 09/06/2005

Components: STEERING:LINKAGES:ROD:RELAY:CONNECTING

Units Affected: 977839

Headlight problems, that could be fun for night driving....With all the exterior lighting recalls, its amazing Toyota sells anywhere that people may drive at night.

NHTSA Campaign ID Number: 06E023000 - Get Details

Recall Data: 03/13/2006

Components: EXTERIOR LIGHTING:HEADLIGHTS

Units Affected: 292000

See....its easy to find random examples.

Is that the best you could do ? And how many of those problems led to cars and house catching fire? Since you are discussing a problem with Lexus and seems to take pleasure in their owner's misery, be ready to take some flak too.

No one was happy about the misery of the owners. We were happy taht they were doing something about it and taking action against lexus. I found those two examples of recalls for problems that could have lead to deaths, not fires. I just found a couple of random recalls, I didn't spend any time actually looking.

Well at least I would have to be involved in an accident to find out its poor crash test result. Most of the self exploding FORDS are hazardous to their owners by their mere existence. ( Conversly, I wouldn't feel sorry for you when your FORD catches fire with you inside it.)

Look at it this way:

- Many Chinese cars, at this point, fail to make the grade when it comes to crash safety. Most are the new venture companies like Brilliance, Chery, etc.

- Burning Fords only affected by certain models, and issues is easily fixed with new part.

You can't fix a car that is structurally unsafe. You can fix parts that make a car unsafe.