NO TRADES LEFT BEHIND

dunkin

LETS HEAR FROM TRADESMEN ABOUT HOW THEY THINK THEIR FUTURE LOOKS, ABOUT THE FAILURE OF FLOWBACK, ABOUT THE GEN MISINFORMATION, ABOUT THE MINIMAL AMOUNT OF TRADE JOB POSTINGS ( EXCEPT SPARKYS) LETS GET YOUR THOUGTHS IN WRITING TIME IS RUNNING OUT ONLY 6 WEEKS TILL CONTRACT LETS GET THE BALLS ON YOU ROLLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for my little "Sparky" at Indy; he is not seeing any movement in his favor. Though that may be due to his choices of Lima & KY. It will be interesting to say the least in re: to the future...I guess you just buckle down and ride the storm! He missed the early out by 4 mo. which sucked but there were lots who missed it by even less I suppose. Good luck to all!

In short he is not holding his breath!

As for my little "Sparky" at Indy; he is not seeing any movement in his favor. Though that may be due to his choices of Lima & KY. It will be interesting to say the least in re: to the future...I guess you just buckle down and ride the storm! He missed the early out by 4 mo. which sucked but there were lots who missed it by even less I suppose. Good luck to all!

In short he is not holding his breath!

lots of sparky openings in michigan at least 45 went to dearborn truck and R&E

Yes, openings everywhere he isn't signed up for...what happens after 9/1? Isn't fb null & void then? Do you think another sign up will take place?

just guessing, maybe they will lets hope so or reschedule the contract to expire on 9/11 we were told the company will be 1000 production workers short in september hope they do not make working production the new skilled trades gen bank !!!!!!

Yeah, and they are all going to GEN people. I have been #7 on the flowback list for about 2 months now. :(

Not all . At least 8-10 sparkies from SRP "flowed" to Dearborn. None were in GEN. What was your # back in Jan. ? Presently,esp. with Wixom down, GEN is filling those spots.

Also, my money is on Trades going to prod. but keeping their pay rate. Many non-core trades (red-circled)such as carpenter-painters, oilers,bricklayers etc with big sen. may take a buyout rather than go prod. JMO.

Have been told by our PC that Ford generally considers EL-PF-MW as their main core trades with some locations having exceptions ie. diemakers. And SRP lab. relations has been told to get their house in order for hiring these core trades ASAP. SRP has s tarted interviews with pipefitters. Obviously this could precede trade flowbcks. We have the top3 PF flowbacks for MICH zones 1 & 2 .

SRP seems to have high trade sen. for flowbk. Atleast 10 of our MW are in top 15-20 for MI flowbks.

Not all . At least 8-10 sparkies from SRP "flowed" to Dearborn. None were in GEN. What was your # back in Jan. ? Presently,esp. with Wixom down, GEN is filling those spots.

Also, my money is on Trades going to prod. but keeping their pay rate. Many non-core trades (red-circled)such as carpenter-painters, oilers,bricklayers etc with big sen. may take a buyout rather than go prod. JMO.

Have been told by our PC that Ford generally considers EL-PF-MW as their main core trades with some locations having exceptions ie. diemakers. And SRP lab. relations has been told to get their house in order for hiring these core trades ASAP. SRP has s tarted interviews with pipefitters. Obviously this could precede trade flowbcks. We have the top3 PF flowbacks for MICH zones 1 & 2 .

SRP seems to have high trade sen. for flowbk. Atleast 10 of our MW are in top 15-20 for MI flowbks.

wixom got pipers and mw sitting in gen waiting for the next postings most of them have 12 years or less in the trades

wixom got pipers and mw sitting in gen waiting for the next postings most of them have 12 years or less in the trades

Then tell them to be thankful they are in GEN and not flowback. 13 of our remaining 20 MW have 13 yrs or more trade time. And the top MW and PF have 40 and 30 yrs. I said it b-4, Dont be shocked if Co. empties GEN and flows most core trades and then if theres a glut, have a seniority layoff. Someone at Livonia trans. says this happened with prod there.

Then tell them to be thankful they are in GEN and not flowback. 13 of our remaining 20 MW have 13 yrs or more trade time. And the top MW and PF have 40 and 30 yrs. I said it b-4, Dont be shocked if Co. empties GEN and flows most core trades and then if theres a glut, have a seniority layoff. Someone at Livonia trans. says this happened with prod there.

I agree 100%...all FB will occur within production and trades...then when dust settles the company will state that there is a need for a layoff which of course will be done by seniority...so in short no one really knows that thier job security is there; no matter the plant you are at. Should the company do this, they can then sit back and state that they fullfilled the obligation of FB/Gen etc....wait a bit and wham, you got a layoff that they will say they did not expect and the UAW will know the plan from the get-go!

Just my personal opinion of course!

LETS HEAR FROM TRADESMEN ABOUT HOW THEY THINK THEIR FUTURE LOOKS, ABOUT THE FAILURE OF FLOWBACK, ABOUT THE GEN MISINFORMATION, ABOUT THE MINIMAL AMOUNT OF TRADE JOB POSTINGS ( EXCEPT SPARKYS) LETS GET YOUR THOUGTHS IN WRITING TIME IS RUNNING OUT ONLY 6 WEEKS TILL CONTRACT LETS GET THE BALLS ON YOU ROLLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is only one certainty, it's going to be a rough ride for us in the Mechanical trades. We all saw how automation devastated production workers in the 80's and 90's, and now the mechanical trades are dealing with the same repercussions. Automation has been a boon to the "sparkys" but has really helped no one else.

If your not an Electrician...... get ready to hurry up and wait, the jobs will be few and far between.

Just my $.02

There is only one certainty, it's going to be a rough ride for us in the Mechanical trades. We all saw how automation devastated production workers in the 80's and 90's, and now the mechanical trades are dealing with the same repercussions. Automation has been a boon to the "sparkys" but has really helped no one else.

If your not an Electrician...... get ready to hurry up and wait, the jobs will be few and far between.

Just my $.02

you just stated how much the company thinks the mechanicals are worth . its a shame the company thinks they can contract every thing out cheaper with less headaches. a good supervisor knows how to work his crew to get the most for the company . to bad we dont have many of those supervisors left. years ago when all the trades supervisors were from trades we did not have all the boloney like we have now with all the college bosses. none of outside contractors have crew supervisors that are not from their trade but we have bosses with degrees in music, law, education,agriculture ,just to name a few. give us qualified bosses and we can do the job on time and in budget AMEN !!!!!!!!

4 toolmakers from Norfolk transfered to DTP sitting in Gen, with no chance to transfer. Working as engineering asst's for PDC. Anyone know what chances are to go anywhere else.

4 toolmakers from Norfolk transfered to DTP sitting in Gen, with no chance to transfer. Working as engineering asst's for PDC. Anyone know what chances are to go anywhere else.

toolmaker at wixom gen bank anxious to return home to the rouge the union rep told him the company would rather have him bid on a job posting than rtb to the rouge not much of a chance for the norfolk tm to go any place till contract is settled

you just stated how much the company thinks the mechanicals are worth . its a shame the company thinks they can contract every thing out cheaper with less headaches. a good supervisor knows how to work his crew to get the most for the company . to bad we dont have many of those supervisors left. years ago when all the trades supervisors were from trades we did not have all the boloney like we have now with all the college bosses. none of outside contractors have crew supervisors that are not from their trade but we have bosses with degrees in music, law, education,agriculture ,just to name a few. give us qualified bosses and we can do the job on time and in budget AMEN !!!!!!!!

I couldn't agree with you more. Our bosses have no clue what the trades are about. We have people who are supose to be looking out for our health and safety, and they can't even interpet the Ford standards. Forget trying to find anybody with any knowledge on arc-flash. It has become necessary for anyone who has to use a lift, work at heights, repair overhead doors, or uss ECPL on the job to be as knowledgable as possible on the topic. There are supervisors that will ask you to do things that are against Ford regs, not because they sneaky and underhanded, but because they are plain ignorant! I have never heard of a supervisor telling a trades man that he does not need a ground guy to watch him while he is working in a scissor lift. Shouldn't that be up to the tradesman to make that call? He is the one who knows the dangers he is going to be exposed to.

I couldn't agree with you more. Our bosses have no clue what the trades are about. We have people who are supose to be looking out for our health and safety, and they can't even interpet the Ford standards. Forget trying to find anybody with any knowledge on arc-flash. It has become necessary for anyone who has to use a lift, work at heights, repair overhead doors, or uss ECPL on the job to be as knowledgable as possible on the topic. There are supervisors that will ask you to do things that are against Ford regs, not because they sneaky and underhanded, but because they are plain ignorant! I have never heard of a supervisor telling a trades man that he does not need a ground guy to watch him while he is working in a scissor lift. Shouldn't that be up to the tradesman to make that call? He is the one who knows the dangers he is going to be exposed to.

when a skilled trade job goes sour have you ever heard a boss take responsibility??? usually are job line ups are verbal or a poorly written work order. no materials ,no instructions, no eqiupment. if ford trade supervisors were running their own company like this they would go bankrupt in a hurry!!!! but instead fords lets them continue on their same o same o path of failure. now at contract time the trades especially the mechanical ones are on the extinction list. the company in the negotiations want to eliminate many of our jobs through a combining of trades and red lining the rest . fellow tradesmen and women do not let this happen . talk to your union reps, call or visit your region reps and your national negotiating reps , they work for us they are supposed to be carving out your future not our demise. talk this up at your plant time is running out!!!!!!!!!!