Power Code Remote Start

2000SableWagon

I have a Taurus X on order, and I decided to go with the remote start, but the details are a little sketchy. The remote start on the Freestyle was a clunky separate single button key fob. I am hoping the 08 solution is integrated into the existing key/fob unit, or provides a new set of sleek integrated key/fob unit.

Has anybody taken delivery of a Taurus/Taurus X with the remote start option that can comment on it?

I have a Taurus X on order, and I decided to go with the remote start, but the details are a little sketchy. The remote start on the Freestyle was a clunky separate single button key fob. I am hoping the 08 solution is integrated into the existing key/fob unit, or provides a new set of sleek integrated key/fob unit.

Has anybody taken delivery of a Taurus/Taurus X with the remote start option that can comment on it?

Hi 2000SableWagon. :D I do not know with a 100% certainty. However, since it is listed as a "Dealer Installed" option on the Ford website, my educated guess is that it will be a separate fob.

I doubt that you will get a new, single fob replacing the key fob from the factory. :banghead: I think you will still have two fobs. One for the remoter start, one for the alarm, doors, trunk, etc.

Again, just an educated guess here, so I am not swearing by it.

Good luck! :beerchug:

Hi 2000SableWagon. :D I do not know with a 100% certainty. However, since it is listed as a "Dealer Installed" option on the Ford website, my educated guess is that it will be a separate fob.

I doubt that you will get a new, single fob replacing the key fob from the factory. :banghead: I think you will still have two fobs. One for the remoter start, one for the alarm, doors, trunk, etc.

Again, just an educated guess here, so I am not swearing by it.

The 2008 Taurus does not have a fob as the locks/panic buttons are part of the key itself.

I would assume the X would be the same so at most you would have one fob.

The 2008 Taurus does not have a fob as the locks/panic buttons are part of the key itself.

I would assume the X would be the same so at most you would have one fob.

Hi 2008fordtaurus. :D Yes, I realize that (I have a Lincoln MKZ, and the key and fob are one piece also). It is still considered a key fob. :hysterical: In fact, I believe they call it an "Integrated Key Fob".

What I was explaining (in my educated guess) is: 2000SableWagon will get their Taurus X from the factory with a key fob (with a key sticking out of it) that controls the door locks, trunk and panic alarm. The "Power Code Remote Start" system is listed on the Ford website as a Dealer installed option. So, when the Dealer receives the car, they will install the Remote Start System and then 2000Sable will likely be given a second fob which will control the remote start system (and nothing else).

They will then have two fobs to use (just like the Freestyle): One (with a key sticking out of it) from the factory for the doors, trunk, panic alarm etc; and one for the remote start system only. Perhaps the second one will not be as "clunky" as the Freestyles, but my guess is it will be separate none the less.

It is still two clunky fobs in your pocket (one with a key integrated into it). If I understood correctly, that was 2000Sable's original question and concern.

It is highly doubtful that a Dealer installed remote start system will replace the original factory key fob with a brand new, single, integrated one controlling the doors, trunk, panic alarm and remote start.

I actually hope I am wrong, for the sake of 2000SableWagon and others who order the Remote Start system.

Again, this is only an educated guess. I know it is not the answer 2000Sable was hoping for, but until someone with definitive info, or a Taurus X with the Ford Remote Start system comes along, it's all I got! :headscratch:

Good luck. :beerchug:

PS - I personally preferred the old key on a ring with a separate remote fob. While it is in my pocket, my other cars separate key and fob on a ring seems to jab me in the tender parts much less often than the new fangled "Integrated Key Fob", which is bulkier and longer. Probably will be more expensive to replace also. What the heck, since everyone else is always complaining, I felt I should find something to bitch about also! :hysterical:

Edited by bbf2530

The Ford website is a little confusing, here is what they say about the Power Code Remote Start System.

This is what the Taurus build your vehicle says:

Start your vehicle remotely from up to 1000 ft. with the optional dealer-installed Power Code Remote Start System. The 4-button transmitter includes, among many features, the remote keyless entry functions, remote activated dome light and panic alarm. Two transmitters are included.

This is what the Taurus X build your vehicle says:

No need to fumble for your keys in your pocket or purse to unlock the doors. Taurus X models come with a standard remote keyless entry system with features integrated into the key fobs (two are provided). You can also unlock the doors with the coded keypad mounted on the drivers door.

Sounds like the first description has a four button fob, so do I have a four button key and a four button fob. The Taurus X seems to have a description for the standard key fob.

I would actually be real happy if I got two standard integrated key fobs and two integrated key fobs with the remote start. I would get two spare keys out of the deal.

The Ford website is a little confusing, here is what they say about the Power Code Remote Start System.

This is what the Taurus build your vehicle says:

Start your vehicle remotely from up to 1000 ft. with the optional dealer-installed Power Code Remote Start System. The 4-button transmitter includes, among many features, the remote keyless entry functions, remote activated dome light and panic alarm. Two transmitters are included.

This is what the Taurus X build your vehicle says:

No need to fumble for your keys in your pocket or purse to unlock the doors. Taurus X models come with a standard remote keyless entry system with features integrated into the key fobs (two are provided). You can also unlock the doors with the coded keypad mounted on the drivers door.

Sounds like the first description has a four button fob, so do I have a four button key and a four button fob. The Taurus X seems to have a description for the standard key fob.

I would actually be real happy if I got two standard integrated key fobs and two integrated key fobs with the remote start. I would get two spare keys out of the deal.

Hi 200SableWagon. :D Yep, that certainly is rather fuzzy. Reading the info you posted for the Taurus and Taurus X, it does sound as though you do get new transmitters that integrate the original factory and new remote system fobs. If that is correct, maybe you will be lucky and they can program all four to operate. The two new fobs with remote start, and the original two without. Then, as you point out, you will have four working fobs.

That would make my educated guess incorrect. But, as I said, I would rather be wrong, and have buyers be happy, than be right and have aggravated buyers.

Hopefully, someone with a new Taurus and the "Power Code Remote Start" system can chime in and give us the definitive answer.