anyone have exaust manifold issues on 2006 f150 with 5.4?

altaforddealer

I am having issues with a leaky exaust header on the right hand side of my truck I have a 2006 F150 Supercrew FX4. This is my second new style F150 with the 3 valve 5.4L engine. I had a 2004 that did the same thing a little earlier in it's life around 45000 km this one has about 53000 km on it, and it sounds like an old school bus! I am just wonderring if anyone else is having this issue because the last truck I had was the first one that my dealer had ever had to replace and they are saying the same thing about this one. I don't think it is the way I drive it I am wonderring if maybe my catylitic converter is plugging off causing my manifolds to heat up or am I just blowing smoke?

Thanks for any input

CV

:banghead:

Aluminum head + cast iron manifold = broken rear most exaust port manifold studs....I don't know why it does this on this application, I have seen Alum heads and CI manifolds co-exist in other applications, but here......"old school bus" sound....my dads '02 F250SD with 5.4 triton did the same thing. Alot easier to get to that with the leaf spring setup, I have a buddy with an F150, same problem, the spring/shock perch is right in the way and it is frame riveted into place. Unlike the 02 SD....unbolt the shock mount, remove the fender liner.....viola!! Plenty of working room.

The bigger question is.....why does this do this?? I have seen several Fords running around with the "old school bus" sound.....