Ford - Goodbye Forever

Well, I might as well add my two cents. My issue I have I would really like fixed but my service department and others send me packing. I have a vibration that comes out of the break pedal when stopping from anything 40MPH+. I have had others test it and they tell me there is no problem, I call another dealership and thye tell me "I never heard of a car needing a break inspection with only 5K on it" Everytime I try to get the issue resolved they send me away and tell me nothings wrong or try and discourage me coming in. See this is where you fall, no matter how many times I complained about the AC with the Tacoma Toyota would tell me to come in right away, they even sent one of their techs to look at my truck. No other tech heard the noise but the one from Toyota did. My service department has never once offered to have my car looked at by a tech from Ford. I offered to pay for them to look at the breaks, and they still sent me away. I want this fixed so I can go back to loving my car. So what do you have to say Ford?

See I really do not understand this?

My 05 Mustang had issues, I took it in and they wrote it up , and looked at it, when they said they couldnt hear what I said, I said did you even drive it, then I went up their and talked to the tech, explained it and took him for a ride he heard it as soon as we pulled out of the dealership, then it was fixed. The service writers at most dealerships are in my opinion not very talented, I dont know what credentials you need to be hired, but a little knowledge of vehicles would help. I had one guy roll his eyes at me, I said hey ASSHOLE you are done, went and seen the maneger and he listened to me, and then the owner got wind of it, guess what he is gone.

I DONT BLAME FORD MOTOR COMPANY DIRECTLY, like most crybabys do, its the dealers fault, if they want buisness then they need to take care of the customer as fair as possible. But your always going to have people like Mr lemon and the other crybaby that no matter what is done it will never be good enough.

And I wish the people that cry the most could work at a dealership for just 1 week, and after that week see how they feel.

Edited by 05StangAwsomecar

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. The Honda Accord just reached 6,600 miles. So far, not a single problem. Not a squeek, rattle or failure of any noticable component or part. My previous three Taurus' would have been to the dealer 2 or 3 times each for warranty problems before hitting 6,600 miles.

2. When your car is reliable, you don't have to hope to be friendly enough with the dealer so he cuts you some slack and fixes things out of warranty (things which shouldn't have failed to begin with).

Wow my MUCH NICER Mustang GT just reached 5500 miles and guess what ? not a Squeek, rattle or failure of any noticable coponant or part.

My previouse Mustang and Taurus were great vehicles too.

When your car is reliable, you don't have to hope to be friendly enough with the dealer so he cuts you some slack and fixes things out of warranty (things which shouldn't have failed to begin with).[/b]

Yup, thats why I only purchase Ford/Gm

Edited by 05StangAwsomecar

Well, I might as well add my two cents. My issue I have I would really like fixed but my service department and others send me packing. I have a vibration that comes out of the break pedal when stopping from anything 40MPH+. I have had others test it and they tell me there is no problem, I call another dealership and thye tell me "I never heard of a car needing a break inspection with only 5K on it" Everytime I try to get the issue resolved they send me away and tell me nothings wrong or try and discourage me coming in. See this is where you fall, no matter how many times I complained about the AC with the Tacoma Toyota would tell me to come in right away, they even sent one of their techs to look at my truck. No other tech heard the noise but the one from Toyota did. My service department has never once offered to have my car looked at by a tech from Ford. I offered to pay for them to look at the breaks, and they still sent me away. I want this fixed so I can go back to loving my car. So what do you have to say Ford?

I know this won't help much but here is the email addy to ford customer service I find it sad because ford motor company is gonna say it is the dealer's problem and the dealer is gonna say, if it isn't physically broke, keep driving it and then when it breaks, we will fix it.

It sound's to me from the symptom you are describing that you may have a warped brake disc in the front. could be both, but i wouldn't know without test driving it. I would also guess that ford is going to tell you too that if it is a rotor, you are on your own. You may, if you feel like spending a few bucks, take it to a brake dealer in your local area, like midas or what ever and have them check out your rotors.......

Hotwheels of insanemustangs.com

Edited by wyominghotwheels

1. The Honda Accord just reached 6,600 miles. So far, not a single problem. Not a squeek, rattle or failure of any noticable component or part. My previous three Taurus' would have been to the dealer 2 or 3 times each for warranty problems before hitting 6,600 miles.

2. When your car is reliable, you don't have to hope to be friendly enough with the dealer so he cuts you some slack and fixes things out of warranty (things which shouldn't have failed to begin with).

hmm, funny...my brother in law's 2006 honda accord has a total of 252 miles and it has not been at his house for more than a day or two. the honda has spent all the time at the honda dealer for odd problems, that shouldnt be problems.

my 2003 mercury marauder has 78,000 miles and ive only been to the dealer for oil changes.

my wifes 2003 ford thunderbird with 122,000 miles has been to the dealer for oil changes, and when we bought the hardtop...they did a demonstration to show us how to install it.

btw, my bros 2001 ford taurus has reached 10,000 miles the other day..so far he hasnt taken it to the dealer once, not even for oil changes, he does em himself. so i dunno where this ford is crap mentality comes from. ive had much better experience with ford than any othe brand.

hmm, funny...my brother in law's 2006 honda accord has a total of 252 miles and it has not been at his house for more than a day or two. the honda has spent all the time at the honda dealer for odd problems, that shouldnt be problems.

my 2003 mercury marauder has 78,000 miles and ive only been to the dealer for oil changes.

my wifes 2003 ford thunderbird with 122,000 miles has been to the dealer for oil changes, and when we bought the hardtop...they did a demonstration to show us how to install it.

btw, my bros 2001 ford taurus has reached 10,000 miles the other day..so far he hasnt taken it to the dealer once, not even for oil changes, he does em himself. so i dunno where this ford is crap mentality comes from. ive had much better experience with ford than any othe brand.

Come on now, you know that what you said cant be true, a Import with issues, and Fords without, most of the import lovers wont believe you, because they were unhappy that they had to wash their windows or put gas in it or have to fix a burnt out bulb, or replace the cigerette lighter. Heck most even make stuff up to justify their stupid purchase. Did hell freeze over,,, :bandance: :happy feet:

Oh and I hope you raz the old bro in-law all the time.

Come on now, you know that what you said cant be true, a Import with issues, and Fords without, most of the import lovers wont believe you, because they were unhappy that they had to wash their windows or put gas in it or have to fix a burnt out bulb, or replace the cigerette lighter. Heck most even make stuff up to justify their stupid purchase. Did hell freeze over,,, :bandance: :happy feet:

Oh and I hope you raz the old bro in-law all the time.

You can't make this stuff up. All I have to do to is look in my filing cabinet. I create a file folder for every car I own. Each of the folders for the Ford cars are 1/4 to a 1/2 inch thick with copies of the bill of sale, warranty info, and copies of all the work orders performed at the dealer. The Honda folders only have a few sheets in each one, mainly with copies of the bill of sale, odometer statement, etc.

Ford & GM are laying off people and closing plants. Honda and Toyota are hiring people and building more plants...... but I'm sure that's just something I "made up".

Well I got a 1997 Thunderbird LX V-8 with 89k on it. Outside of the manifold repair which was covered under warranty I have had no problems with the car.

I would really love to see how often the people that claim they took their cars in for all these repairs also did their annual oil transmission changes, their radiator flushes, their tuneups etc etc.

Wouldnt surprise me that alot of these cars have a a very poor regular service maintanence schedule.

Edited by Stevedm

Well I got a 1997 Thunderbird LX V-8 with 89k on it. Outside of the manifold repair which was covered under warranty I have had no problems with the car.

I would really love to see how often the people that claim they took their cars in for all these repairs also did their annual oil transmission changes, their radiator flushes, their tuneups etc etc.

Wouldnt surprise me that alot of these cars have a a very poor regular service maintanence schedule.

When you have worked in the automotive repair field trust me vehicle are not maintained, they get brought in when a check engine light comes on or something fails, and lease cars are the worse, dont ever buy a car that was leased, you are looking for trouble. I had this one guy who says he changed his oil religiously on his Chrysler 2.2 Charger, it was brought in on the hook, got looking at it and the timing belt was broke, I grab the cam gear and it wouldnt move, pulled the v/c and beneath all the sludge was a seized cam, come to find out he would take the used oil from his Toyoda that he changed every 1500k and put it in his Chrysler, and the oil filter was so old it was leaking from a rust hole. Well a new head and alot of money later he is bitchin how Chryslers are junk. Even though this poor car made it to 80k. :shrug:

That was one of the many good ones I have seen.

• 1 month later...

Ford news just keeps getting better..........

Ford lost $123 million in second quarter

Automaker says losses mainly due to costs of cutting personnel

July 20, 2006 AP News

DEARBORN, Mich. - Ford Motor Co. said Thursday that it lost $123 million in the second quarter due to slumping sales and the cost of shedding personnel. The nation’s second-biggest automaker said it would cut production more than previously planned this quarter and pledged to accelerate its restructuring effort.

It plans to announce new restructuring measures within the next two months.

Chairman and Chief Executive Bill Ford said in a conference call that by the end of the year the company would be about a third of the way toward its goal of closing 14 plants and cutting 25,000 to 30,000 jobs by 2012. Production capacity will be down 15 percent by year’s end, he said.

Ford news just keeps getting better..........

Ford lost $123 million in second quarter

Automaker says losses mainly due to costs of cutting personnel

July 20, 2006 AP News

DEARBORN, Mich. - Ford Motor Co. said Thursday that it lost $123 million in the second quarter due to slumping sales and the cost of shedding personnel. The nation’s second-biggest automaker said it would cut production more than previously planned this quarter and pledged to accelerate its restructuring effort.

It plans to announce new restructuring measures within the next two months.

Chairman and Chief Executive Bill Ford said in a conference call that by the end of the year the company would be about a third of the way toward its goal of closing 14 plants and cutting 25,000 to 30,000 jobs by 2012. Production capacity will be down 15 percent by year’s end, he said.

Its ashame reading your FUCKED up post, you almost seem happy or giddy.

Ford will come back, no thanks to people like you who cry that they have to put alittle money into a vehicle that is driven on a daily basis, and probally never gets maintained then they cry like a 2yr old...

I dont see any posts by you on all the wonderfull recalls Toyda is having,,hmmm

your import alliance is showing.

Ford will come back, no thanks to people like you who cry that they have to put alittle money into a vehicle that is driven on a daily basis, and probally never gets maintained then they cry like a 2yr old...

The truth hurts...

:titanic:

The truth hurts...

:titanic:

Actually you and that other fucked crybaby are the biggest physco I have ever seen on ANY of the forums I have been on, the truth hurts, great reply :cry:

My car gets wrecked and a body shop fucked it all up, and 10yrs later I am still crying about it, instead of checking it out before I signed the paper work and drove it home.

Lot of creditability their,,, yup. :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

1. Nice language and grammar.

2. I do not own a "Yoda", so I could care less about their recalls. The Japanese government is even reprimanding them in public for the recent recalls. Having worked with the Japanese for many years, I am sure they are honestly embarrassed by the recent recalls. An American car company is never embarrassed by recalls. Once the internal incriminating corporate documents and emails become public, they have the reaction of "oh crap, we got caught" and "better call the lawyers". Hopefully, Toyota can correct their problems quickly and professionally since they have billions of dollars at their disposal. Ford, on the other hand, is probably cutting all corners to try and save every dime.

3. My Honda turned 8,500 miles and not one hickup, major or minor. That's all I care about. So far it's been as reliable as my previous one. FAR, FAR better built and more reliable than the FIVE Fords I was unfortunate enough to own.

4. I am not happy that Ford is in such pain, but when you build semi-reliable garbage and treat your "faithfull" customers also like garbage, then you get what you deserve.

Peace.

Edited by mr_blue_twisted_steel

1. Nice language and grammar.

2. I do not own a "Yoda", so I could care less about their recalls. The Japanese government is even reprimanding them in public for the recent recalls. Having worked with the Japanese for many years, I am sure they are honestly embarrassed by the recent recalls. An American car company is never embarrassed by recalls. Once the internal incriminating corporate documents and emails become public, they have the reaction of "oh crap, we got caught" and "better call the lawyers". Hopefully, Toyota can correct their problems quickly and professionally since they have billions of dollars at their disposal. Ford, on the other hand, is probably cutting all corners to try and save every dime.

3. My Honda turned 8,500 miles and not one hickup, major or minor. That's all I care about. So far it's been as reliable as my previous one. FAR, FAR better built and more reliable than the FIVE Fords I was unfortunate enough to own.

4. I am not happy that Ford is in such pain, but when you build semi-reliable garbage and treat your "faithfull" customers also like garbage, then you get what you deserve.

Peace.

I love how people complain about grammer, when they have no arguments, well my 2006 Mustang Gt has no problems or hicups, and it just turned 6000 miles and all my other Fords were good cars too, explain that. If they were junk I would freely admit it too.

The far far better built, ya ok. All automobiles have issues, look at toyoda now recall after recall, honda with recalls and trans issues and fires but the people that own them think they are still well built and reliable.

I wonder why if Ford was sooooooooooo bad to you why didnt you give Gm a try instead of the overated imports.

I love how people complain about grammer, when they have no arguments, well my 2006 Mustang Gt has no problems or hicups, and it just turned 6000 miles and all my other Fords were good cars too, explain that. If they were junk I would freely admit it too.

The far far better built, ya ok. All automobiles have issues, look at toyoda now recall after recall, honda with recalls and trans issues and fires but the people that own them think they are still well built and reliable.

I wonder why if Ford was sooooooooooo bad to you why didnt you give Gm a try instead of the overated imports.

No argument?? I have stated nothing but facts. I want what you are smoking.

Grammar & language can be seen as a sign of education / intelligence. It makes a statement beyond the words you put on the screen.

Why not GM?? Because they build junk also. My parents were GM customers for most of their lives. Brand new cars were brought back to the dealer for rattles, missing pieces, water leaks, exhaust system rattles, oil leaks (one Buick LeSabre Limited had 44 miles on it when they had to short block it with a new engine!), etc. I, like many other people, thought that problems with machines from the beginning were just expected and a fact of life. Then I bought the first Honda. My eyes were opened. My parents also bought their first Toyota and the same thing happened to them. Between their Toyota and my two Hondas, we have had zero recalls. The Toyota had a sensor fail at 91,000 miles. It took me about 20 minutes to pin point and another 45 minutes to replace it once I went out and bought it. The exhaust on my first Honda did rot at 44K miles. I thought that was premature. But, it wasn't so bad compared to my brother in laws Jeep Cherokee whose exhaust system fell off with less than 300 miles on it. I replaced the Honda system in about 2.5 hours at a cost of $121. Not too bad.

If I have no argument, then why is GM & Ford letting thousands of people go and shutting dozens of plants while Toyota and Honda are building new plants and hiring thousands of workers?? Why? Give a good, honest explanation please...

No argument?? I have stated nothing but facts. I want what you are smoking.

Grammar & language can be seen as a sign of education / intelligence. It makes a statement beyond the words you put on the screen.

Why not GM?? Because they build junk also. My parents were GM customers for most of their lives. Brand new cars were brought back to the dealer for rattles, missing pieces, water leaks, exhaust system rattles, oil leaks (one Buick LeSabre Limited had 44 miles on it when they had to short block it with a new engine!), etc. I, like many other people, thought that problems with machines from the beginning were just expected and a fact of life. Then I bought the first Honda. My eyes were opened. My parents also bought their first Toyota and the same thing happened to them. Between their Toyota and my two Hondas, we have had zero recalls. The Toyota had a sensor fail at 91,000 miles. It took me about 20 minutes to pin point and another 45 minutes to replace it once I went out and bought it. The exhaust on my first Honda did rot at 44K miles. I thought that was premature. But, it wasn't so bad compared to my brother in laws Jeep Cherokee whose exhaust system fell off with less than 300 miles on it. I replaced the Honda system in about 2.5 hours at a cost of $121. Not too bad.

If I have no argument, then why is GM & Ford letting thousands of people go and shutting dozens of plants while Toyota and Honda are building new plants and hiring thousands of workers?? Why? Give a good, honest explanation please...

I know many people that can out do me on GRAMMAR and are no smarter then me, when I get pissed about something I dont always take the time to write it out as well as I can say it.

You say your parents had Gm issues, you act like Honda and toyoda dont have these same issues, your dilusional. A exhaust rot is acceptabe but one that falls off is not, I would imagine it was repaired for free under warranty but that is still unacceptable. My parents have had mainly Gm, everyone has made 400k. They all had the original motors and transmissions, did they replace parts here and their yes. My dads Chevy pickup just turned 200k, all original except for 1 water pump that was replaced at 180k and a TPS sensor at about 120k, original trans, transfercase, axles. And it has ZERO oil leaks. Explain that. Granted he maintains it very well.

Ford and Gm are loosing customer due to many things, competition is one thing, their are just so many choices now compared to 20yrs ago. Cheaper cars, longer powertrain warranties, better dealership experience. Also comparing what Gm/Ford employes to what Honda or Toyoda employes isnt a very strong argument, I love how people keep bringing that up, even with the buyouts and attrition they still employ more people. Gm just built a new plant in Delta township, and has invested billions of dollars in Michigan. have you heard of the trans plants in Warren or Willow Run or Bedford

FOR RELEASE: 2006-06-05

General Motors Invests $48 Million To Produce Six-Speed Transmission Castings At GM Powertrain Bedford

BEDFORD , Ind. – General Motors announced today it is investing $48 million in its GM Powertrain Bedford Foundry to produce six-speed transmission cases and converter housings for GM’s growing family of six-speed transmissions.

The investment, partly made possible with local incentives, will help transition hourly and salaried employees to the expanded work. The investment covers partial facility renovation, including more energy-efficient melting furnaces; as well as new machinery, equipment and tooling to support the additional volume. The front- and all-wheel drive transmission cases produced in Bedford will be used in the Hydra-Matic 6T70 and 6T75 six-speed transmissions produced by the GM Powertrain Warren ( Mich.) transmission plant. The 6T70 debuts on the Saturn Aura and on a Pontiac G6 model. The 6T75 will be offered on the Saturn Outlook, GMC Acadia and Buick Enclave.

FOR RELEASE: 2006-06-01

General Motors Will Invest An Additional $332 Million To Expand Six-Speed Transmission Production At Its Warren (MI) Facility

Investment in six-speed transmission production in U.S. now totals $1.7 billion

WARREN, MI - General Motors announced today an additional $332 million investment to support production of its new family of six-speed transmissions at its transmission plant here. This latest investment brings GM's total spending on fuel-saving six-speed automatics to $1.7 billion in its U.S. operations since 2003. The investments support the company's plans to build three million units of these transmissions annually by 2010.

FOR RELEASE: 2006-05-30

General Motors Invests $170 Million To Expand Six-Speed Transmission Production In Ypsilanti

YPSILANTI, Mich. – General Motors announced today it will invest $125 million in its GM Powertrain Ypsilanti Transmission Operations (YTO) facility for additional capacity to produce a family of Hydra-Matic six-speed rear-, and all-wheel drive automatic transmissions for GM’s cars, trucks and SUVs. GM will invest another $45 million for vendor tooling, containers and investment at other locations necessary to support the expanded Ypsilanti operations.

FOR RELEASE: 2006-02-27

General Motors Will Invest $500 Million To Expand Toledo Transmission Plant, Build New Six-Speed Transmissions

TOLEDO, OHIO - General Motors announced today it will invest $500 million in its Toledo, Ohio transmission plant to produce a new Hydra-Matic 6L80 six-speed, rear-wheel-drive automatic transmission for full-size SUVs and trucks.

The investment will help transition approximately 900 current employees from four-speed to six-speed transmission work. It includes partial facility renovation and a 400,000 sq. ft. expansion, as well as new machinery, equipment and tooling to support new processes. In addition to the $500 million facility investment, GM will invest an additional $100 million for vendor tooling, containers and investments at other locations necessary to support the Toledo operations. Construction is set to begin in July; production of the transmissions is scheduled to begin in late 2008.

Chevy pick-up trucks were first built in 1918 and there are still millions on the road. Chevrolet is looking for personally owned, full size Chevy pickup trucks with 200,000 miles or more to join the Silverado 200,000 Mile Club at www.chevy.com/200k (You may also call 1-800-950-CHEV).

My dad is part of this club :happy feet:

FOR RELEASE: 2006-03-31

SOMETHING TOYODA/HONDA ISNT DOING.

Landfill Gas Use by General Motors Highlighted in Television Program

General Motors is the largest direct, corporate user of landfill gas in the United States. The company uses the gas, which is generated by rotting garbage in landfills, as an energy source at seven of its facilities.

The sum of landfill gas capacity at the seven GM operations using the fuel is equivalent to the energy needed to heat over 25,000 households, which represents about 1.6 trillion BTUs per year. Each landfill gas installation at a GM plant generates annual savings of greater than $500,000.

GM facilities using landfill gas are: assembly plants located in Orion Township, Mich. ; Oklahoma City, Okla. ; Fort Wayne, Ind. ; Shreveport, La. ; and a powertrain plant located in Toledo, Ohio. Two additional warehouse sites in Grand Blanc and Flint, Mich., utilize landfill gas by purchasing 13 million kilowatt-hours of electricity annually, which is generated from a landfill gas-to-electricity program.

FOR RELEASE: 2006-02-14

GM Investing $545 Million In Five Core Michigan Plants

Investment for Pontiac, Ypsilanti, Romulus and Lansing Sites

PONTIAC, Mich. – General Motors today announced it is investing more than $545 million in five of its key Michigan-based manufacturing plants.

The specific facility investments are:

· $163 million to retool its Pontiac truck plant for production of the next generation Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra full-size trucks late this year

· $32 million in its Pontiac metal stamping plant for innovative sheet hydroforming equipment used to stamp much of the sheet metal for the Pontiac Solstice, Saturn Sky and the future Opel roadster

· $138 million for its Lansing Grand River assembly plant to expand the body shop by more than 120,000 sq. ft. for future vehicle production

· $152 million for its Ypsilanti Transmission plant to increase production capacity of GM’s new rear-wheel drive six-speed transmission

· $60 million for the Romulus Engine plant for various future engine upgrades

“GM’s investments demonstrate our commitment to continuously improve our products,†said Joe Spielman, vice president and general manager of GM North America Manufacturing. “They also show our dedication to strengthening our Michigan manufacturing operations.â€

Oh one more thing, you say Gm/Ford getting rid of THOUSANDS of employees. ITS CALLED RETIREMENT, they were not just shown the door like you would be at a non-union plant.

Maybe you need more facts, should I go on??????

Edited by 06StangAwesomecar

I know many people that can out do me on GRAMMAR and are no smarter then me, when I get pissed about something I dont always take the time to write it out as well as I can say it.

You say your parents had Gm issues, you act like Honda and toyoda dont have these same issues, your dilusional. A exhaust rot is acceptabe but one that falls off is not, I would imagine it was repaired for free under warranty but that is still unacceptable. My parents have had mainly Gm, everyone has made 400k. They all had the original motors and transmissions, did they replace parts here and their yes. My dads Chevy pickup just turned 200k, all original except for 1 water pump that was replaced at 180k and a TPS sensor at about 120k, original trans, transfercase, axles. And it has ZERO oil leaks. Explain that. Granted he maintains it very well.

Ford and Gm are loosing customer due to many things, competition is one thing, their are just so many choices now compared to 20yrs ago. Cheaper cars, longer powertrain warranties, better dealership experience. Also comparing what Gm/Ford employes to what Honda or Toyoda employes isnt a very strong argument, I love how people keep bringing that up, even with the buyouts and attrition they still employ more people. Gm just built a new plant in Delta township, and has invested billions of dollars in Michigan. have you heard of the trans plants in Warren or Willow Run or Bedford

FOR RELEASE: 2006-06-05

General Motors Invests $48 Million To Produce Six-Speed Transmission Castings At GM Powertrain Bedford

BEDFORD , Ind. – General Motors announced today it is investing $48 million in its GM Powertrain Bedford Foundry to produce six-speed transmission cases and converter housings for GM’s growing family of six-speed transmissions.

The investment, partly made possible with local incentives, will help transition hourly and salaried employees to the expanded work. The investment covers partial facility renovation, including more energy-efficient melting furnaces; as well as new machinery, equipment and tooling to support the additional volume. The front- and all-wheel drive transmission cases produced in Bedford will be used in the Hydra-Matic 6T70 and 6T75 six-speed transmissions produced by the GM Powertrain Warren ( Mich.) transmission plant. The 6T70 debuts on the Saturn Aura and on a Pontiac G6 model. The 6T75 will be offered on the Saturn Outlook, GMC Acadia and Buick Enclave.

FOR RELEASE: 2006-06-01

General Motors Will Invest An Additional $332 Million To Expand Six-Speed Transmission Production At Its Warren (MI) Facility

Investment in six-speed transmission production in U.S. now totals $1.7 billion

WARREN, MI - General Motors announced today an additional $332 million investment to support production of its new family of six-speed transmissions at its transmission plant here. This latest investment brings GM's total spending on fuel-saving six-speed automatics to $1.7 billion in its U.S. operations since 2003. The investments support the company's plans to build three million units of these transmissions annually by 2010.

FOR RELEASE: 2006-05-30

General Motors Invests $170 Million To Expand Six-Speed Transmission Production In Ypsilanti

YPSILANTI, Mich. – General Motors announced today it will invest $125 million in its GM Powertrain Ypsilanti Transmission Operations (YTO) facility for additional capacity to produce a family of Hydra-Matic six-speed rear-, and all-wheel drive automatic transmissions for GM’s cars, trucks and SUVs. GM will invest another $45 million for vendor tooling, containers and investment at other locations necessary to support the expanded Ypsilanti operations.

FOR RELEASE: 2006-02-27

General Motors Will Invest $500 Million To Expand Toledo Transmission Plant, Build New Six-Speed Transmissions

TOLEDO, OHIO - General Motors announced today it will invest $500 million in its Toledo, Ohio transmission plant to produce a new Hydra-Matic 6L80 six-speed, rear-wheel-drive automatic transmission for full-size SUVs and trucks.

The investment will help transition approximately 900 current employees from four-speed to six-speed transmission work. It includes partial facility renovation and a 400,000 sq. ft. expansion, as well as new machinery, equipment and tooling to support new processes. In addition to the $500 million facility investment, GM will invest an additional $100 million for vendor tooling, containers and investments at other locations necessary to support the Toledo operations. Construction is set to begin in July; production of the transmissions is scheduled to begin in late 2008.

Chevy pick-up trucks were first built in 1918 and there are still millions on the road. Chevrolet is looking for personally owned, full size Chevy pickup trucks with 200,000 miles or more to join the Silverado 200,000 Mile Club at www.chevy.com/200k (You may also call 1-800-950-CHEV).

My dad is part of this club :happy feet:

FOR RELEASE: 2006-03-31

SOMETHING TOYODA/HONDA ISNT DOING.

Landfill Gas Use by General Motors Highlighted in Television Program

General Motors is the largest direct, corporate user of landfill gas in the United States. The company uses the gas, which is generated by rotting garbage in landfills, as an energy source at seven of its facilities.

The sum of landfill gas capacity at the seven GM operations using the fuel is equivalent to the energy needed to heat over 25,000 households, which represents about 1.6 trillion BTUs per year. Each landfill gas installation at a GM plant generates annual savings of greater than $500,000.

GM facilities using landfill gas are: assembly plants located in Orion Township, Mich. ; Oklahoma City, Okla. ; Fort Wayne, Ind. ; Shreveport, La. ; and a powertrain plant located in Toledo, Ohio. Two additional warehouse sites in Grand Blanc and Flint, Mich., utilize landfill gas by purchasing 13 million kilowatt-hours of electricity annually, which is generated from a landfill gas-to-electricity program.

FOR RELEASE: 2006-02-14

GM Investing $545 Million In Five Core Michigan Plants

Investment for Pontiac, Ypsilanti, Romulus and Lansing Sites

PONTIAC, Mich. – General Motors today announced it is investing more than $545 million in five of its key Michigan-based manufacturing plants.

The specific facility investments are:

· $163 million to retool its Pontiac truck plant for production of the next generation Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra full-size trucks late this year

· $32 million in its Pontiac metal stamping plant for innovative sheet hydroforming equipment used to stamp much of the sheet metal for the Pontiac Solstice, Saturn Sky and the future Opel roadster

· $138 million for its Lansing Grand River assembly plant to expand the body shop by more than 120,000 sq. ft. for future vehicle production

· $152 million for its Ypsilanti Transmission plant to increase production capacity of GM’s new rear-wheel drive six-speed transmission

· $60 million for the Romulus Engine plant for various future engine upgrades

“GM’s investments demonstrate our commitment to continuously improve our products,†said Joe Spielman, vice president and general manager of GM North America Manufacturing. “They also show our dedication to strengthening our Michigan manufacturing operations.â€

Oh one more thing, you say Gm/Ford getting rid of THOUSANDS of employees. ITS CALLED RETIREMENT, they were not just shown the door like you would be at a non-union plant.

Maybe you need more facts, should I go on??????

'06StangAwesomecar - I commend you on this info. The press is quick to point out all the closings and layoffs, but not the good news from Detroit.

But, there is more bad blue oval news today. 4 million vehicles is nothing to sneeze at.

Ford recalling 1.2 million trucks and vans

Recall is in addition to 3.8 million recalled last year for potential fire hazard.

Thursday, August 3, 2006

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Ford Motor Co. is recalling 1.2 million large pick-up trucks, SUVs and vans because of a problem with the vehicles' cruise control system that could lead to a fire.

This recall is in addition to 3.8 million Ford vehicles that were recalled for the same problem last year.

The vehicles being recalled are: certain model year 1994 to 2002 F-250 through F-550 Super Duty trucks; 2000-2002 Excursion SUVs; 1994 to 1996 Econoline vans; 1996 to 2002 E-450 vans and 1998 Ford Explorer and Mercury Mountaineer SUVs.

Diesel-powered vehicles are not affected.

In rare cases, the company said in a letter to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, brake fluid can leak through the cruise control deactivation switch causing corrosion in the switch. This can cause the switch to overheat and possibly burn.

The switch shuts off the cruise control when the driver firmly steps on the brakes. The switch is located under the hood of the vehicle and is attached to the brake master cylinder on one end and wired to the cruise control on the other.

On most of its models, Ford designed the switch to be powered -- or "hot" -- at all times, even when the vehicle is off. Inside the switch, a thin film barrier separates brake fluid from the switch's electrical components.

In January, 2005, Ford recalled certain Bronco, Expedition, Lincoln Blackwood and Lincoln Navigator SUVs as well as some Ford F-150 and F-250 pick-ups for the same problem. A total of 3.8 million vehicles were recalled at that time.

Earlier, in September 2005, Ford recalled approximately 800,000 F-150 pick-ups for the problem. The company believes it has now recalled all vehicles that could have this problem, a Ford spokeswoman said.

'06StangAwesomecar - I commend you on this info. The press is quick to point out all the closings and layoffs, but not the good news from Detroit.

But, there is more bad blue oval news today. 4 million vehicles is nothing to sneeze at.

Ford recalling 1.2 million trucks and vans

Recall is in addition to 3.8 million recalled last year for potential fire hazard.

Thursday, August 3, 2006

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Ford Motor Co. is recalling 1.2 million large pick-up trucks, SUVs and vans because of a problem with the vehicles' cruise control system that could lead to a fire.

This recall is in addition to 3.8 million Ford vehicles that were recalled for the same problem last year.

The vehicles being recalled are: certain model year 1994 to 2002 F-250 through F-550 Super Duty trucks; 2000-2002 Excursion SUVs; 1994 to 1996 Econoline vans; 1996 to 2002 E-450 vans and 1998 Ford Explorer and Mercury Mountaineer SUVs.

Diesel-powered vehicles are not affected.

In rare cases, the company said in a letter to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, brake fluid can leak through the cruise control deactivation switch causing corrosion in the switch. This can cause the switch to overheat and possibly burn.

The switch shuts off the cruise control when the driver firmly steps on the brakes. The switch is located under the hood of the vehicle and is attached to the brake master cylinder on one end and wired to the cruise control on the other.

On most of its models, Ford designed the switch to be powered -- or "hot" -- at all times, even when the vehicle is off. Inside the switch, a thin film barrier separates brake fluid from the switch's electrical components.

In January, 2005, Ford recalled certain Bronco, Expedition, Lincoln Blackwood and Lincoln Navigator SUVs as well as some Ford F-150 and F-250 pick-ups for the same problem. A total of 3.8 million vehicles were recalled at that time.

Earlier, in September 2005, Ford recalled approximately 800,000 F-150 pick-ups for the problem. The company believes it has now recalled all vehicles that could have this problem, a Ford spokeswoman said.

Well I guess this recall is better then possibly having your car burn to the ground. Why it has battery voltage ALL the time is just plain stupid, whoever engineered this I hope lost their job.

Lives were lost due to this incredibly stupid design, so I hope they did more than fire him/her. The always hot $20 Texas Instruments pressure switch attached to the master brake cylinder wasn't even vital to the function of the cruise control. It was a back-up measure in case the cruise control switch on the brake pedal failed.

You and I will never agree on the quality comparison of Ford/GM to Honda/Toyota, but you must admit the Asian guys are doing something right compared to Detroit......

AP News August 4, 2006

Toyota reports a 39 percent jump in profit

Japanese automaker poised to overtake GM in worldwide sales

TOKYO - Toyota appeared to be on track to overtake General Motors as the world's No. 1 automaker as it boosted vehicles sales around the world and reported a 39 percent jump in profit in the first fiscal quarter Friday. The Japanese automaker's reputation for delivering fuel efficiency was proving a boon at a time when drivers are balking at soaring gas prices — at about $3 per gallon at U.S. stations — analysts said. Toyota Motor Corp., the world's second biggest automaker, is among a clutch of Japanese vehicle companies reporting robust results lately in contrast to the plight of the U.S. automakers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

AP News August 3, 2006

Ford’s quarterly loss balloons to $254 million

Ailing automaker also says luxury car unit won’t be profitable this year

NEW YORK - Ford Motor Co.’s second-quarter loss more than doubled from what the No. 2 U.S. car maker previously reported because of higher-than-expected pension costs. In a second piece of weak news, the company said its luxury car division won’t be profitable this year. In a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission Wednesday evening, Ford said it revised its loss to $254 million, or 14 cents per share, from the previously announced loss of $123 million, or 7 cents per share. That contrasts with a profit of $946 million, or 47 cents per share, posted in the second quarter of last year.

Lives were lost due to this incredibly stupid design, so I hope they did more than fire him/her. The always hot $20 Texas Instruments pressure switch attached to the master brake cylinder wasn't even vital to the function of the cruise control. It was a back-up measure in case the cruise control switch on the brake pedal failed.

You and I will never agree on the quality comparison of Ford/GM to Honda/Toyota, but you must admit the Asian guys are doing something right compared to Detroit......

AP News August 4, 2006

Toyota reports a 39 percent jump in profit

Japanese automaker poised to overtake GM in worldwide sales

TOKYO - Toyota appeared to be on track to overtake General Motors as the world's No. 1 automaker as it boosted vehicles sales around the world and reported a 39 percent jump in profit in the first fiscal quarter Friday. The Japanese automaker's reputation for delivering fuel efficiency was proving a boon at a time when drivers are balking at soaring gas prices — at about $3 per gallon at U.S. stations — analysts said. Toyota Motor Corp., the world's second biggest automaker, is among a clutch of Japanese vehicle companies reporting robust results lately in contrast to the plight of the U.S. automakers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

AP News August 3, 2006

Ford’s quarterly loss balloons to $254 million

Ailing automaker also says luxury car unit won’t be profitable this year

NEW YORK - Ford Motor Co.’s second-quarter loss more than doubled from what the No. 2 U.S. car maker previously reported because of higher-than-expected pension costs. In a second piece of weak news, the company said its luxury car division won’t be profitable this year. In a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission Wednesday evening, Ford said it revised its loss to $254 million, or 14 cents per share, from the previously announced loss of $123 million, or 7 cents per share. That contrasts with a profit of $946 million, or 47 cents per share, posted in the second quarter of last year.

Just because they are selling, doesnt mean better quality. If people want to drive around in ugly underpowered cars what can I say. Most of the line up they have is just blah, nothing exciting in my opinion. So I am assuming Ford/Gm need to make a boring underpowered car. If Gm or Ford went out of buisness tommorow I would still never buy a import, their are enough used Gm/Fords out their to last the rest of my life.

And I am teaching my friends, family, and kids that imports are scrap, and help nobody in the BIG picture but overseas, spin it however you want they are the ultimate winner. If you come to my house in a import you park in the street, and I will not be seen alive in one. I work for Ford so I unlike alot of other looser Ford employees I drive Fords my future depends on it MY dad retired from Gm so he drives Gm. If I own a Ford dealer why would I buy a Honda, or if I own Meijers why would I shop at walmart. I have no reason to support Honda or Toyoda, I have worked on MANY of them, and have worked on many domestics, they all have their quirks. Its funny how one person can have brakes that warp on a domestic and the whole company is bad and should go out of buisness, but a import car can do the same thing and it isnt a big deal. Like I tell people if you dont use a torque wrench and use the star pattern they will warp. Funny thing is how NONE of the tauruses I have ever done brakes on have warped the rotors, but that person takes it in for tires or has a flat and guess what warped rotors. How the hell is that any car companys fault???For every domestic complaint you talk about I have as many or more on the imports. Plus domestics after the warranty is over are way cheaper to repair.