Cadillac CTS

96 Pony

CTS sales are down nearly 19% YTD vs this time last year. That isn't waning?

I was talking more along the lines of the year it was introduced versus right now.

And I'm not surprised that it's down YTD this year versus last year. Something quite significant happened between then and now, involving the unveiling of a certain car that might have an effect on the first-generation CTS's sales...

I was talking more along the lines of the year it was introduced versus right now.

And I'm not surprised that it's down YTD this year versus last year. Something quite significant happened between then and now, involving the unveiling of a certain car that might have an effect on the first-generation CTS's sales...

Actually, sales peaked in 2005, well in advance of the new CTS announcement. In 2006, they fell by nearly 11% compared to 2005 and, like I said, they're down nearly 19% in 2007 compared to 2006. Also, the 0% financing and $3,000 on the hood ought to compensate for sales lost due to anticipation of the 2008 CTS.

Not the ES, but the IS and GS are purchased because they are sporty.

They attempt to be sporty. They still play second fiddle to the likes of BMW, Infiniti and in some cases Acura. Out of all the cars that I test drove the IS' steering seemed to be overboosted and offered subpar feedback. I've driven a friends GS, and while I like the looks, it too offers up the same antiseptic driving experience.

Lexus the Relentless Pursuit of Isolation.

Actually, sales peaked in 2005, well in advance of the new CTS announcement. In 2006, they fell by nearly 11% compared to 2005 and, like I said, they're down nearly 19% in 2007 compared to 2006. Also, the 0% financing and $3,000 on the hood ought to compensate for sales lost due to anticipation of the 2008 CTS.

I suppose you're right. The CTS did sell more than Cadillac had expected, and while in general I think it kept up the sales pace much better than anybody would've guessed, it looks as if the new one is coming out at just the right time.

I suppose you're right. The CTS did sell more than Cadillac had expected, and while in general I think it kept up the sales pace much better than anybody would've guessed, it looks as if the new one is coming out at just the right time.

It was definitely a good seller for Caddy. At first, the styling didn't appeal to me but over the years, it's grown on me. The 2008 looks even better, especially the interior (which is the one thing about the current CTS that I never liked).