Where are the NAPers?

jshep

Any former Nap workers reading this? If so please reply and let us know how and what you are doing...........I'm retired and loving it :happy feet: :happy feet: .................Has anyone heard from the legendary Scootnap?...............

I'm still around john, I'm working as a temp driver for FedEx Ground, Ronnie Dampier is working for Enterprise as a driver,B.J. Cobb and big John Smith are working for that fat forklift driver Doug Carillon at his shop Carpet Solutions and heard that Kenny groves should be retired like you now and is kicking back, working odd jobs and fishing, but do have one for you remember warren turner heard he is working at the Lowe's at Chesapeake square mall area as a paint sales associate go figure lol

Any former Nap workers reading this? If so please reply and let us know how and what you are doing...........I'm retired and loving it :happy feet: :happy feet: .................Has anyone heard from the legendary Scootnap?...............

John ,

This is the butcher. Currently at PDC in Dearborn . Waiting on the contract to se if GEN is going to survive. Glad you're enjoying your retirement. Keep in touch.

I'm still around john, I'm working as a temp driver for FedEx Ground, Ronnie Dampier is working for Enterprise as a driver,B.J. Cobb and big John Smith are working for that fat forklift driver Doug Carillon at his shop Carpet Solutions and heard that Kenny groves should be retired like you now and is kicking back, working odd jobs and fishing, but do have one for you remember warren turner heard he is working at the Lowe's at Chesapeake square mall area as a paint sales associate go figure lol

Good to hear from you Joe....Can't believe that about Warren.....Different strokes for different folks, I guess.............

John ,

This is the butcher. Currently at PDC in Dearborn . Waiting on the contract to se if GEN is going to survive. Glad you're enjoying your retirement. Keep in touch.

Butcher.......... Wow, great to hear from you....I don't even know what PDC is. I'm guessing it means you are waiting for a job. Hope things work out for you. Anybody else up there with you? ......Like you said, keep in touch.....I will, TRUST ME :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I have been working as a courier for Fedex Kinkos and going to school at night studying criminal justice. Life is great I can't complain.

Has anyone heard anything about the money we are supposedly getting from the lawsuit against Ford for the asbestos in the roof??

Edited by Jordan

Hey, John. Nice to hear from you. I'm still up here in Michigan. Hope your retirement is going good. Now Warren Turner working at Lowe's is something I have to see. Next time I'm in town, I may have to stop by and see him mixing paint. :stirpot:

Hi Tim. I've been meaning to e-mail you and Patti but have been procrastinating.....I agree, I think I'll ride over to Lowes to see Warren in action....But when you really think about it, he was always good at stirring things up.... :stirpot::stirpot:

BTW, on June 19, I hit $7629.00 on a PENNY machine at Dover Downs..........I have a lot of skill at slot machines... :hysterical::hysterical:

Hi Tim. I've been meaning to e-mail you and Patti but have been procrastinating.....I agree, I think I'll ride over to Lowes to see Warren in action....But when you really think about it, he was always good at stirring things up.... :stirpot::stirpot:

BTW, on June 19, I hit $7629.00 on a PENNY machine at Dover Downs..........I have a lot of skill at slot machines... :hysterical::hysterical:

Nice to know your doing well John. Michigan has been pretty good so far. The family is here now. I LOVE Michigan summers.

Butcher.......... Wow, great to hear from you....I don't even know what PDC is. I'm guessing it means you are waiting for a job. Hope things work out for you. Anybody else up there with you? ......Like you said, keep in touch.....I will, TRUST ME :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

John,

Congrats on the slot win. Rick Cason,Mario Radman are up here with me at Product Development Center in Dearborn. Rob Ryder is volunteering at Willow Run airport working at the Yankee aircraft museum. See what happens this weekend with the contract.

John,

Congrats on the slot win. Rick Cason,Mario Radman are up here with me at Product Development Center in Dearborn. Rob Ryder is volunteering at Willow Run airport working at the Yankee aircraft museum. See what happens this weekend with the contract.

Yeah the contract scares me....I hope those who are already receiving pensions are 'grandfathered' in................

Yeah the contract scares me....I hope those who are already receiving pensions are 'grandfathered' in................

My thoughts exactly!!! By the way, have any of you Naper's heard from the Gunslinger? I always liked to read his posts. I know he left on a buyout for happier trails from what he told me. Anybody know what he's been up to?

My thoughts exactly!!! By the way, have any of you Naper's heard from the Gunslinger? I always liked to read his posts. I know he left on a buyout for happier trails from what he told me. Anybody know what he's been up to?

I've got no idea where the Gunslinger is. He did always have some good, thought provoking threads though, didn't he?.....And Ben, I guess you're right, With my slot machine prowess, who needs a pension :hysterical:

BTW, do you know anything about Todd S, Kenny B, Rick W, Chet, Rudy or any of the other guys from the shop(pipefitters, millwrights etc)?

And yes, the chic magnet is still working....LOL

I've got no idea where the Gunslinger is. He did always have some good, thought provoking threads though, didn't he?.....And Ben, I guess you're right, With my slot machine prowess, who needs a pension :hysterical:

BTW, do you know anything about Todd S, Kenny B, Rick W, Chet, Rudy or any of the other guys from the shop(pipefitters, millwrights etc)?

I know Todd S. is in the Chesapeake Fire Department. Not sure about the rest.

Hello John, Good to hear from ya. Thought maybe you moved to Amish country! I don't know if I told ya that I was over at the new marine terminal as a crane tech. Pretty good so far. All GE drives and Processors, no AB devices anywhere.

The Gunslinger is working for the State of Virginia at their terminal in Portsmouth as a Stradle carrier tech or crane tech.

This is so great to hear from you guys....Allan, Simpleman, NapBob, Big Country and all the rest. Let's keep in touch....Hey Jim, is Dave N still over there with you?.........BTW, I heard from Bunky the other day and Bettie Galbert called me up some time back.....Also, I heard that Bill Brown passed away, is this true?......

God Bless All the former NAPers....................

Great to hear from you John and glad to hear your retirement rungs have no square things on the end!

I finally bought the business downtown I had talked about and all is going well so far. The only other guys I know off not mentioned are Bob D (mill) and Ron H (elect) both working for a crane maint company out of CA here in Tidewater and Matt M seems to be doing great with his business. Clay retired but is still in the plant as a contracter and I saw Rusty B and he mentioned a contract to remove all the DC tooling.

Since reading this post I have decided to plan my weekend around a trip to Lowes to spill some paint! :hysterical:

John,

Todd is at the fire dept. academy in Chesapeake. Chet's building decks part time, Rick moved to Roanoke and Kenny, Hal, Jerry Cochrane, Steve and a few of the others have went to the shipyards. Next time I talk to Chet I'll see what Rudy's doing. Cecil and Calvin are still working at the plant.

Great to hear from you John and glad to hear your retirement rungs have no square things on the end!

I finally bought the business downtown I had talked about and all is going well so far. The only other guys I know off not mentioned are Bob D (mill) and Ron H (elect) both working for a crane maint company out of CA here in Tidewater and Matt M seems to be doing great with his business. Clay retired but is still in the plant as a contracter and I saw Rusty B and he mentioned a contract to remove all the DC tooling.

Since reading this post I have decided to plan my weekend around a trip to Lowes to spill some paint! :hysterical:

Hi unionj glad to hear from you too.....The paint spilling idea sounds great :hysterical:

In regards to your signature.....

"OUR GREATEST GLORY IS NOT IN NEVER FALLING, BUT RISING EVERY TIME WE FALL" Confuscius

I saw Rocky Balboa(Rocky 6) the other night and I don't think it was Confuscius who made that profound statement...it was the Italian Stallion......

Take Care and we'll visit you when we get the chance.......,

Peace

The Workhorse