I have an '08 Sport Trac and the DRL's don't come on.

Is there something I can do or do I have to take it back to my dealer?

I did read in the manual to see when the lights would come on and verified they do not.

I understand that you can take your vehilce to the dealer and request to have the DRL activated. They have to edit the Tracs computer program to activate the feature. They will try to charge you for the service but since your vehicle is new hopefully they will do it in an effort to please their customer.

• 4 weeks later...
I understand that you can take your vehilce to the dealer and request to have the DRL activated. They have to edit the Tracs computer program to activate the feature. They will try to charge you for the service but since your vehicle is new hopefully they will do it in an effort to please their customer.

I tried that. They told me they were unable to locate anything in the programming that allowed them to be activated.

Any other suggestions I can try?

I had the DRL's activated on my 06 Explorer. The service department did it by accessing the service menu on the Explorer by reprogramming the lighting control circuit. I had read about this being done on another explorer forum. The service manager had never heard of this being done, but they tried it and it worked. Charged me $43.00. I believe this is a good safety feature. My Silverado I owned before my ex had them.

If I had a dollar for every GM vehicle I see driving around with only one working DRL... Good safety feature? I must admit that the "cyclops effect" does get my attention.

Yeah I know, almost every GM you see has one burnt out DRL.

It's a corporate image, like the Mercedes cars with the one ever glowing brake light. I've never seen the value of having DRL's. If someone needs for me to have whimpy little lights illuminated on my vehicle in order for them to see me during daylight hours, the powers that be need to mandate that those drivers get glasses.