This should be good for the auto industry.

fmccap

DEM PLAN USES TAXES TO FIGHT CLIMATE CHANGE...

_A 50-cent-a-gallon tax on gasoline and jet fuel, phased in over five years, on top of existing taxes.

_A tax on carbon, at $50 a ton, released from burning coal, petroleum or natural gas.

_Phaseout of the interest tax deduction on home mortgages for homes over 3,000 square feet. Owners would keep most of the deduction for homes at the lower end of the scale, but it would be eliminated entirely for homes of 4,200 feet or more.

If we had any control over the bogus price we pay for oil, and the US based oil companies, the gas tax would not be so bad. However, since most of America has turned a blind eye to the oil companies raping the public this would be a disaster. It is borderline treason as far as I am concerned for BP, Sun, and the other companies making record profits at our expense. They claim the costs have gone up to refine the oil. Ok I can buy that. Then their profits would level off or decline a bit in a worst case scenario. But, they can pay more to refine the oil and still make records profits? Just does not add up. Most of America would rather call us greedy for wanting pay and good benifits, and ignore the rich getting richer on all americans backs. They can sugar coat it and make excuses all they want. SUV's and trucks would still be selling ok if gas was affordable or atleast reasonable.

This would be just typical of politics. Add taxes to materials we have to use and purchase from companies that already exploit us. Just wonderfull. I sure hope we get Iraq back on their feet so they can jump in and start gang banging us too! I swear if one of these people running for president says "To hell with it, I am taking all of Iraq's oil fields, and supplying America with oil." They will get my vote.

check out this part of it.

"Some of the revenue would be used to reduce payroll taxes, but most would go elsewhere including for highway construction, mass transit, paying for Social Security and health programs and to help the poor pay energy bills."

bush tried to fix social security but these ass nuggets told us everything was fine. now they want to use scare tactics about global warming to tax us more so that they can keep us under their control.

check out this part of it.

"Some of the revenue would be used to reduce payroll taxes, but most would go elsewhere including for highway construction, mass transit, paying for Social Security and health programs and to help the poor pay energy bills."

bush tried to fix social security but these ass nuggets told us everything was fine. now they want to use scare tactics about global warming to tax us more so that they can keep us under their control.

Maybe the Republican Gov of Alaska could give back the $260,000,000 money he was given to build the bridge to know where? I heard they have scraped the bridge idea but will keep the money. Both parties are equaly bad when it comes to tax and spending!!! I live in Texas and our property tax was $8300 for my home. Our home in Texas was only $15k over our home in Michigan which my MI tax was $3200 for the year. Then we have a 8.25% sales tax. Yes we don't have a state tax but when you compare MI to here MI was ALOT less on our taxes. Then our Republican Gov also has been building toll roads and wants to built a lot more over the next couple years and this is done using tax dollars then we have to pay to use them. Then there is a huge debate to sell the roads to an Arab company, isn't it great, and the Republican Gov is all forit!!! SAD both parties are just as equally spending our taxes wrong!

Zoom and Chassis,

I like both of your points. The old story goes--------->how do they get more money? Create a crisis or a porkbarrel project, then tax for it......with a little extra to boot!!! I get soooo tired of people complaining they want a raise and feel dissed when they don't get it. Yet, they are willing to take a cut in pay by suggesting that a raise in taxes is good cause the government money eating machine needs it for this or that. Nowhere do these people suggest they should CUT spending if they want to divert money to another cause. I thought we elected politicians to make hard decisions? Doesn't seem to hard of a job to me if all they have to do is TAX everyone more to do whatever it is they desire.

All I know is----------->This nation was birthed, we fought a civil war, we fought 2 world wars, fought a cold war, implemented SSI, and even put a man on the moon with the government taking a far less % out of our pockets than they do now, and we have more people that pay in than we did then too!!!! (and don't even tell us it takes that much more cause they are there, lol. What is the difference to the treasury with more people to put a man on the moon, win a war, protect the borders, etc.)

If conservatives would allow spending on anything liberals want, as long as the money is garnered by transfering funds from one program to another, and liberals would agree on NO NEW TAXES OF ANY KIND, this would be a much happier country.

Neither party will cause then both moderate sides would galvinize together, and that's the last thing either group wants. The far right, and the far left would lose all its power inside each party cause it would be transfered to YOU!!!

When you think about it, it's sad, is it not!!!!

P.S. Many state governments are putting TAX CAPS on their residents for this or that. How many of YOU are willing to demand an overall TAX CAP from the federal government? In other words, since we gotta pay our state and local municipalitys to the tune of an average of 8%, we allow our federal government to tax us no more with ALL TAXES included for any individual, a rate of 42%. This means you will pay 50% of your total income in taxes which is ridiculous, but if ya don't put your foot down and allow some of these stupid excuses to raise taxes on this and that, you will soon be paying 51% with it continuing to rise.

Now, can any TAX AND SPENDER from either party dare to interject that a cap of 50% is to little, or we are NOT paying our fairshare if we demand a moratorium on it?

If they do, Zoom and Chassis, help out and beat a little sense into them for me, will ya, lololol!!!

When you think about it, it's sad, is it not!!!!

P.S. Many state governments are putting TAX CAPS on their residents for this or that. How many of YOU are willing to demand an overall TAX CAP from the federal government? In other words, since we gotta pay our state and local municipalitys to the tune of an average of 8%, we allow our federal government to tax us no more with ALL TAXES included for any individual, a rate of 42%. This means you will pay 50% of your total income in taxes which is ridiculous, but if ya don't put your foot down and allow some of these stupid excuses to raise taxes on this and that, you will soon be paying 51% with it continuing to rise.

Now, can any TAX AND SPENDER from either party dare to interject that a cap of 50% is to little, or we are NOT paying our fairshare if we demand a moratorium on it?

If they do, Zoom and Chassis, help out and beat a little sense into them for me, will ya, lololol!!!

The saddest part is the apathy of the people.

I get alot of crap from people because I always look for ways to cut corners from taxes. They say that if I payed my fair share there would be no reason for them to keep going up(ignorance). If Illinois gets its way with a new 11.5% sales tax I will be helping you Indiana residents alot more soon.

I wonder with all these taxes always rising if the thought ever crosses these peoples minds "where does this shitload of money go"???????

Mr Cap,

Truth be told, we are victims of our own success. Way back when, people were involved in politics, and more people added ideas to hammer out solutions. But then remember-------->there wasn't 100 channels on TV, no computers, and no X-boxes. People weren't driving an hr to and from work, and working 9, 10, 11, 12hrs a day besides. The pub and/or Church was the meeting place to discuss issues, now the pub is where you meet women/men, and church has seen decline because everyone is to busy. When people do have extra time, they work out!!!

Is this time, a bad time? And am I suggesting that we revert to what it used to be?

Of course not, but many peoples civic duty is not being fullfilled. To many believe that civic duty is running a boy/girl scout troop, or possibly managing little league teams. Nothing could be further from the truth!! You see, anyone........and I mean anyone can sit behind a puter screen and demand a TAX INCREASE or DECREASE.(including myself) They have no fear, as if they are screamed at, they just go to another page or shut their puter down. But what if they were in a live forum? What if people had the right to face their detractors, share ideas, and come to some common ground?

That is what has been lost!!!!

How many times have you been told on here to go fu**yourself, or you are an a**ho**? Do you think that would happen in front of 100 people, and if it did, do you think anything they said from there forward would be taken seriously, lolol. If anything came out of their mouthes, it would be an opposing articulate view to yours, and if they didn't have one, they would just shut up!!!! Oh, and they wouldn't be throwing links out there either, and you know who that would remove, lol.

Point is-------->on here, we can just move a page up to avoid reading what someone thinks, and we can't hear their delivery. Is it passionate? Or is it just regurgitated pap.

We are only screwing ourselves in the long run; but worse than that........our children and grandchildren, by not paying attention and getting at least slightly involved.

Looks like they will start forcefully making you pay there taxes also.

Cigarette surveillance program begins today

Starting today, state Department of Revenue agents will begin stopping Tennessee motorists spotted buying large quantities of cigarettes in border states, then charging them with a crime and, in some cases, seizing their cars.

Critics say the new “cigarette surveillance program” amounts to the use of “police state” tactics and wrongfully interferes with interstate commerce. But state Revenue Commissioner Reagan Farr says his department is simply doing its job, enforcing a valid state law while protecting Tennessee retailers who properly pay state taxes.

Oh and the best line of it all.

This administration has been very willing to turn a blind eye to illegal aliens pouring into our state, yet, when a natural Tennessean brings a couple of cartons of smokes across the state line, they want to arrest them,” Campfield said.

the more we give, the more they can spend. enough is enough. and it pisses me off when they use global warming (a naturally occuring event) to raise taxes. thats all this global warming crap is...a way for gov't to have more control over peoples lives and their wallets. and you know whats really scary? many in our society welcome that.

I don't know if it would make it that far. Recent polls show the positive approval rating for Congress is around 11%. Remember a month or so ago when BOTH parties of voters shut down the phone system in Congress because those pricks were going to give amnesty to illegals even though both the blue and red voters were overwhelmingly opposed to it yet they were going to vote it in anyway? That alone should tell you the voters have finally got off their dead asses and become fed up with the BS in DC and I believe the next thing the typical voter from either side of the fence will grow a pair on is this ridiculous spending.

I believe the 2008 and 2010 election cycles are going to prove to the politicians that the American people have had enough of politics and spending as usual.

Plus, I thought the Dems court the UAW so why doesn't the UAW tell Hillary and her cronies if you want our votes and hard earned money you will speak out publicly against creating any measure/law that will destroy the businesses which feed our families?

Grow a pair because your jobs and consumer spending depend on it.

Edited by Automotive Paint

We are only screwing ourselves in the long run; but worse than that........our children and grandchildren, by not paying attention and getting at least slightly involved.

If most would get just slightly involved, instead of just complaining and doing nothing, it could be a much better place.

I found this article pretty interesting.

Quest for Freedom

Where do we stand today in our country in the matter of freedom? Do we even know what freedom is today? The founders of our country knew, but it took them a couple of years to realize it.

After escaping from Britain and the rules of the king, it took those brave pilgrims some time to fully realize and be able to appreciate the fact that they had no one to whom to answer, save their own conscience and common law (common sense). What joy to know this kind of liberty, which they had never before experienced. They could now conduct themselves as freely as they wished, as long as they honored their contracts and did no harm to another. This is the total of common law; this is the law by which the people, the sovereigns, of this country are to abide, the law we were intended to obey.

How ludicrous to think that our fathers would leave the tyranny of the king, only to implement a tyranny of a strong central government. As Mel Gibson's character in The Patriot asked, "Why would I trade one tyrant three thousand miles away for three thousand tyrants one mile away?"

Our country has gone astray, my friends, and it needs to be put right. It is time for a third Continental Congress. We are ordered by the Declaration of Independence and by the New Hampshire Constitution, Article 15, The Right of Revolution, to throw out the old and put in the new when the government no longer serves the needs of the people. We are on dangerous ground with an ever increasing central government that infringes on states' rights and on our God-given rights. When will we stand together and say, 'enough?' When will you stand? When the critical mass point is reached, when enough Americans take the stand, we and thousands of Americans like us will be able to walk in that freedom.