Support what you sell

graybeard

Mercedes C class starts at 31,000. Fully loaded taurus without A plan probably 28.000. Mercedes is still worth over 22,000 after 2 years. Taurus 12000. Ford needs to stay in the HYundai Kia range price category for future stability.

What the fuck does that have to do with my post?

At KTP and I believe LAP parking lot restrictions have been put in place. The lots that are close to the plant have been set up for Ford brand products only. Anything else has to be parked at a lot that is all the way at the other end of the property. The only exceptions are vehicles with handicap stickers.

...and motorcycles. Which brings up an interesting question: why hasn't Ford considered doing what Honda or Suzuki have done...what's wrong with manufacturing both cars AND motorcycles?

It would make a difference.Think about 80,000?Thats alot.That would keep some or most of these downweeks off the calender at some of these plants.

Yes to me and you 80,000 vehicles is a lot, but to Ford..... 80,000 vehicles is just one shift at one plant.

My 80,000 figure is probably inflated anyway, as most Ford employees can't afford to buy a new vehicle every year. Who knows what the actual employee sales are per year, but I'm sure it's probably more in the 20-30 thousand range. 20-30 thousand cars a year, will not resurrect Ford Motor Company. Ford has to come out with products that appeal to the other 200 Million potential buyers. Ford has made definite improvements in this area in the last couple of years, but they still have a lot of holes in their product lineup and an uphill climb to catch back up to Toyota and GM.

Please don't take this the wrong way Guys, I'm not trying to argue that If you work for ford you shouldn't feel obligated to buy a Ford. I do think you should try and support the company that supports you. If Ford is making a great product then by all means buy it...tell all your friends to buy one as well. But you are a Fool if you think that the 30% of other makes parked in a Ford parking lot, are to blame for all of Fords woes.

Employee purchase plans are a benefit, what does it tell you about the current product lineup....when employees aren't taking advantage of a benefit? To me it says.....Damn...why would someone have paid more money to drive an X rather than a vehicle from the company he works for.

As a Ford U.A.W. worker, I also have a great moral quandary in buying anything made in Mexico. To me it sure seems like we're all shooting ourselves in the Foot each time we support Ford by purchasing a MEXICAN built Fusion. Do you think when Ford decides to move your product to Mexico or China, that they'll give two shits about how many F-150's or Fusions you bought from them? Keep dreaming fella's.

Next time you see a fellow co-worker in a Non-Ford vehicle.......Don't be an ass, just ask them.... Why? I'm sure you guys will hear some F.U's, but I bet you'll also get some sincere answers....some replies that might help to explain why Ford Motor Company is in such a precarious position right now.

Ford has way bigger problems, than employees not buying their products. I don't think we should be accusing our fellow factory workers of treason.....I think we should be focusing our ire at the inept upper management that drove this great company into the ground.

Edited by mrballsonya

Last I checked, you're not on our team.

Exit, stage left.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...showtopic=16938

:hysterical: They keep trying Pioneer, it's the investors I like the most. As soon as GM went out on strike there were many new users posting and spewing anti union propaganda, they must be stupid to think we can't tell that they had just opened their accounts! Book'em Dan"O" :hysterical:

It would make a difference.Think about 80,000?Thats alot.That would keep some or most of these downweeks off the calender at some of these plants.

Correction we had 80,000 employees before the buyouts, 38,000 signed up and that leaves 42,000 and I doubt that more than a third are even in the market to buy. I do agree that if you have a need for a new car and buy another make you are disloyal, it's auto purchasing adultery. Although we do buy allot of vehicles, I think that mrballsonya is suggesting that we are not even close to the majority of Ford's customers! That still does not excuse disloyalty. I posted on this topic on another thread and remember another user getting angry at me for using the analogy of being unfaithful to your spouse! She spouted how she had bought Ford's for years and didn't feel guilty about driving a foreign car now. I asked her how her spouse would feel if after years of supporting her she told him she had an affair? It was not pretty, she became very angry. :hysterical:

Edited by Furious1Auto

Ford has to come out with products that appeal to the other 200 Million potential buyers.

Employee purchase plans are a benefit, what does it tell you about the current product lineup....when employees aren't taking advantage of a benefit?

Ford has way bigger problems, than employees not buying their products.

Some people get it. :roses:

If Ford was making great products, then this would be a NON-issue...... Of course all Ford employees would be driving Fords.

Right now, Ford is not making products that appeal to all facets of the automotive market. Obviously appealing to all facets of the market is the holy grail of all the automotive companies, and I'm sure this is an unobtainable goal.... BUT......currently there are other companies out there that seem to be doing a better job at appealing to the every day Joe than Ford.

How do we spin the 22% drop in retail sales we saw last month. This is not about us (the hourly Ford worker). 80,000 ford employees could all buy Toyota's next year....and it wouldn't matter. In the end game, it wouldn't matter if every single Ford N.A. employees bought Toyota products. As long as Ford isn't putting out appealing products to the 200 Million other potential buyers in the U.S., then we're all doomed.

I applaud the sentiment and company patriotism, but unless you and your friends and family are planning on buying 300,000 F150's, 150,000 Tauruses, and 150,000 Focuses.....It's not going to help Ford.

Ford designers, engineers, marketing analysts and upper management simply have to do a better job.

We've proven that we can assemble a good car.....unfortunately we can't help how unappealing the said product is to the American consumer. It's all about product Fella's,... and right now Ford is seriously lacking.

it also helps to be able to AFFORD to buy Ford products, they are too expensive compared to other domestic or foreign

it also helps to be able to AFFORD to buy Ford products, they are too expensive compared to other domestic or foreign

After A plan, I have never heard of a competitors vehicle being more expensive, Of course, being a good employee, I've never looked too hard either.