An Idea for Local Presidents

If /when the international comes to an agreement with Ford and locals hold thier explaination/ratification meetings, why not put reps that are best KNOWLGEABLE in each seperate contract item at tables in the hall to answer specific questions about each specific item...

i.e.

Mr. Jones will answer your specific questions about health care at table #1

Mrs. Smith will answer your specific questions at table #2 about retirement...etc..

This worked well during the buyout explaination meeting. It allows for time to present highlights, take some general comments and questions from the floor, then answer specific questions members may have like: Here's my situation...blah blah....will this health care proposal affect this? ...These type of questions when asked on the floor, tend to confuse and distract the members from the issues.

Just a suggestion....

If /when the international comes to an agreement with Ford and locals hold thier explaination/ratification meetings, why not put reps that are best KNOWLGEABLE in each seperate contract item at tables in the hall to answer specific questions about each specific item...

i.e.

Mrs. Smith will answer your specific questions at table #2 about retirement...etc..

This worked well during the buyout explaination meeting. It allows for time to present highlights, take some general comments and questions from the floor, then answer specific questions members may have like: Here's my situation...blah blah....will this health care proposal affect this? ...These type of questions when asked on the floor, tend to confuse and distract the members from the issues.

Just a suggestion....

I have an idea. How about putting the two tier employees on a seperate contract. Let them vote on their own contract so we dont get hosed on like Delphi did. Because of what happened to Delphi, Im scared of the whole two tier thing, and Im sure it wouldnt take long before they broke one off in us.

that is a good idea mirror, but wont happen we all edds them workers ignorent.

a fast vote is almost always a yes vote union past practice.

they know what works. :banghead:

and so does the company makeastand cant you just feel that next contract vote if thing go fullt 4-teir wage way. :finger:

that is a good idea mirror, but wont happen we all edds them workers ignorent.

a fast vote is almost always a yes vote union past practice.

they know what works. :banghead:

and so does the company makeastand cant you just feel that next contract vote if thing go fullt 4-teir wage way. :finger:

GM workers get a week to go over their contract (so the paper reports). Thats not exactly "fast". The next day would be a rush vote. JMHO

• 2 weeks later...

i.e.

Just a suggestion....

Sorry for responing to my own post, but it seems there is much concern on giving the membership ample time and explaination of any pending agreement. I thought this would be a good time to bring this thread back up...