Very interesting stuff.

Most taxis are CVPIs, and most CVPIs last 200 to 300k miles

Interesting! First a cop car for like 100K. Then on to being a cab for like another 1-200K. Then they sell them to individuals who also drive them for another 100K miles. After that they are trucked down to Mexico, and they rebuild whatever is necessary on them and drive em some more! Too bad Ford doesn't build tough and reliable cars any longer... :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Interesting! First a cop car for like 100K. Then on to being a cab for like another 1-200K. Then they sell them to individuals who also drive them for another 100K miles. After that they are trucked down to Mexico, and they rebuild whatever is necessary on them and drive em some more! Too bad Ford doesn't build tough and reliable cars any longer... :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

They still do build cars that would go that far, but most people don't choose to and most other cars are not sold as widely to fleets. I know people who had a Chevy Lumina sedan with over 500000 km (310000 miles). None of this helps ford anyway, as they don't want people buying used cars for ever. And by the way, they still build panthers and you can still buy them new. If you like them that much, go buy a new GM or TC, of have a dealer order you a CV through fleet.

They still do build cars that would go that far, but most people don't choose to and most other cars are not sold as widely to fleets. I know people who had a Chevy Lumina sedan with over 500000 km (310000 miles). None of this helps ford anyway, as they don't want people buying used cars for ever. And by the way, they still build panthers and you can still buy them new. If you like them that much, go buy a new GM or TC, of have a dealer order you a CV through fleet.

You must get a rash or something every time someone says ANYTHING positive about the Panther line or what you would consider negative against Ford.

And...name ONE new Ford product, other than the Panther, that will do 100K as a squad, then go on to do another 150K as a Taxi with the maintence that Checker Werks does to their cabs. You can't because it does not exist! Did you even read the article?

According to Checker Werks, at the extreme, the unibody construction with FWD drivetrain may last 200K miles. With the same maintenance, the body-on-frame and RWD cars last between 300K and 350K miles.

And since Ford does not have another BOF car...they do not have one that will last to 300-350K.

I would love to see a lumbering Expedition in a high speed pursuit.

You never said a pursuit vehicle, and you never said I had to pick a current vehicle being produced as a "police special". You just asked........

And...name ONE new Ford product, other than the Panther, that will do 100K as a squad, then go on to do another 150K as a Taxi with the maintence that Checker Werks does to their cabs.

.....and I answered you.

Expedition.

:hysterical: Maybe :stirpot:

But I suspect if its an Expy with a 5.4L engine, the tranny will fail by 200K :censored:

Now, if Ford standardized on an across the board install of the

4V4.6 ( 275HP@300#T@9.0:1) and a 6R80 you might

make the miles, but it wouldn't exactly be a "pursuit" vehicle.

Translation: it won't do what a "panther" does right out of the box.

You never said a pursuit vehicle, and you never said I had to pick a current vehicle being produced as a "police special". You just asked........

.....and I answered you.

No, I said squad...and everything a squad is subjected to. Every P71 squad is a pursuit vehicle.

Use your finger if you can't keep up:

And...name ONE new Ford product, other than the Panther, that will do 100K as a squad, then go on to do another 150K as a Taxi with the maintence that Checker Werks does to their cabs. You can't because it does not exist! Did you even read the article?

Doing 100K as a squad means engaging in a pursuit.

So, the search goes on.