Waxing New Cars

Personally, this is what I typically do before a wax job:

(1) A good car wash

(2) Dry

(3) Clay bar the vehicle and what I use as a lubricant is Meguiars Quick Detail spray. Basically spray the area then work it with the clay bar. After that towel dry with a fine microfiber cloth. Also I'd recommend doing it in smaller sections.

(4) Wax 'em up

I've never used clay bars on a plastic surface, and honestly I don't think it would do you any justice to use it there. I simply tape off plastic surfaces or any other surface that isn't painted metal.

If you plan on using a clay bar you might as well plan on waxing it, as the clay bar most likely will remove the wax along with contaminents.

Without a doubt use it on your new Focus. Their is raildust and residue from the plastic they put on portions of the car before you got. Also I never let the dealership wash or detail a brand new car. The Fusion, A4 and G35 were delievered unwashed.

I was at Advance Auto Parts today and saw a product called Turtle Wax ICE Liquid Clay Bar. Anyone know how this compares to the Mothers Clay Bar?

Thanks!