2008 E series Ambulance?

suv_guy_19

Fine...one more time:

A deal was worked out. This is for the 2008 E series.

Major Optional Features

50-State Clean Fuel Fleet Certification

Audio – Premium Plus AM/FM stereo/clock w/6-disc in-dash CD

Bumper - rear step,chrome or black painted

Cruise control

Console floor color keyed w/ dual-bin storage and 4 cup holders

Engine - 6.0L PowerStroke diesel with 5-speed automatic transmission (late availability)

Heavy-duty auxiliary battery

License plate bracket

Mirrors – Dual, telescopic trailer tow

Power windows and door locks

Remote keyless entry with panic alarm

Reverse Sensing System

Running boards

SecuriLock® passive anti-theft system

Traction Control

**Available on select series. See your dealer for details.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A deal was worked out. This is for the 2008 E series.

Major Optional Features

50-State Clean Fuel Fleet Certification

Audio – Premium Plus AM/FM stereo/clock w/6-disc in-dash CD

Bumper - rear step,chrome or black painted

Cruise control

Console floor color keyed w/ dual-bin storage and 4 cup holders

Engine - 6.0L PowerStroke diesel with 5-speed automatic transmission (late availability)

Heavy-duty auxiliary battery

License plate bracket

Mirrors – Dual, telescopic trailer tow

Power windows and door locks

Remote keyless entry with panic alarm

Reverse Sensing System

Running boards

SecuriLock® passive anti-theft system

Traction Control

**Available on select series. See your dealer for details.

This proves then, that Ford hasn't got the first damn clue as to what they are talking about.

I've now become less worried after reading this from the police vehicle page:

Major Optional Features

50-state clean fuel fleet certification

Air conditioning delete

Battery – heavy duty auxiliary

Bumper – rear step, chrome or black painted

Cruise control

Doors – sliding side cargo door

E-Guard Cargo Protection System (Van)

Engine – 5.4L EFI V8 with 4-speed automatic transmission (E-150 and E-250 Van, E-150 Wagon)

Engine – 6.8L EFI V10 with TorqShift® 5-speed automatic transmission and tow/haul mode (E-350 Van)

Engine – 6.0L DI Power Stroke® with electronic 5-speed automatic O/D (E-350 Van and Wagon) (late availablility)

License plate bracket

Mirrors – dual, telescoping trailer tow

Power windows and door locks (Wagon)

Remote keyless entry with panic alarm (Wagon)

Reverse Sensing System

Running Boards

SecuriLock passive anti-theft system (PATS)

Traction control

This still though says nothing about the chassis cab....

Edited by suv_guy_19

I have been lurking this site for some time and just had to reply to this topic. I am the fleet manager for an ambulance service and manage 9 ambulances. Up until 2003, we had Type I F350s with the 7.3. From 2003 until now we have had / have 8 6.0 liter F350s. (Still have 2 7.3s) The 6.0 has ruined me on Ford. Mind you, I still drive a 2005 F150, but dang, these things have all had problems....major problems. Not to mention that Ford's "bandaid fix" service has not impressed me either. Our service just ordered 2 GM 3500 Express Type 3s and we will be looking at the 4500 in the spring. Another reason we have not gone with the 6.4 is its regen while parked. My research shows that the 6.4 will regen while parked...the Duramax regens only at certain speeds and not while sitting still. Too dangerous inside a bay or at a scene. A nearby service already has a 6.4 and has had 2 DPFs put on the thing and it is now smoking and has the black tail pipe. Not impressing me. Just my thoughts.

I have been lurking this site for some time and just had to reply to this topic. I am the fleet manager for an ambulance service and manage 9 ambulances. Up until 2003, we had Type I F350s with the 7.3. From 2003 until now we have had / have 8 6.0 liter F350s. (Still have 2 7.3s) The 6.0 has ruined me on Ford. Mind you, I still drive a 2005 F150, but dang, these things have all had problems....major problems. Not to mention that Ford's "bandaid fix" service has not impressed me either. Our service just ordered 2 GM 3500 Express Type 3s and we will be looking at the 4500 in the spring. Another reason we have not gone with the 6.4 is its regen while parked. My research shows that the 6.4 will regen while parked...the Duramax regens only at certain speeds and not while sitting still. Too dangerous inside a bay or at a scene. A nearby service already has a 6.4 and has had 2 DPFs put on the thing and it is now smoking and has the black tail pipe. Not impressing me. Just my thoughts.

That is not true for most 6.0 litres. If proper maintenance was done, 99% were just fine. On top of that, it should turn you off Navistar, not Ford.

Edited by suv_guy_19

That is not true for most 6.0 litres. If proper maintenance was done, 99% were just fine.

Our service has a maintenance contract with Ford. All mtce. was done "in house" by a Ford dealership.. Mtce. has little to do with these engines. Design flaw has more impact. Would you care to venture how many head gaskets our trucks have had? Not to mention airbag units falling into your lap and front ends out of alignment from the factory.....

Edited by joe8737

Our service has a maintenance contract with Ford. All mtce. was done "in house" by a Ford dealership.. Mtce. has little to do with these engines. Design flaw has more impact. Would you care to venture how many head gaskets our trucks have had?

No but I edited my post. Ford id not design the engines. The 6.4 is much better because ford quality tested the hell out of them. Navistar should die. Ford will not be using them very soon anyway.

Ford id not design the engines.

It doesn't matter who designed the engine. It doesn't matter who assembles it. All that matters is the blue oval on he front grille. Ford outsourced the engine. The engine turned out to be a piece of junk. Ford is the one that deserves the heat. It doesn't matter if is an engine, a cruise control deactivation switch, or a gas tank strap. The end consumer could care less who sourced what.

You must be very unlucky. Nothing else changed from 7.3 to 6.0 on the vehicle, there should have been no difference.

I don't think it is luck. Maybe quality control. Blown headlight bulbs...from the factory, a loose cab mount, missing female seatbelt clips, transmission problems.......

I don't think it is luck. Maybe quality control. Blown headlight bulbs...from the factory, a loose cab mount, missing female seatbelt clips, transmission problems.......

I think it is luck. I have never heard of an ambulance problem in MB. Thats awful, but it is not the average case by a long shot. For every one with a problem there are 10 without.

It doesn't matter who designed the engine. It doesn't matter who assembles it. All that matters is the blue oval on he front grille. Ford outsourced the engine. The engine turned out to be a piece of junk. Ford is the one that deserves the heat. It doesn't matter if is an engine, a cruise control deactivation switch, or a gas tank strap. The end consumer could care less who sourced what.

Absolutely, 110% agreement from me. When my intake manifold went, I did not get out and try to find which company designed the manifold, I saw that blue oval on the front...and blamed them.

That is not true for most 6.0 litres. If proper maintenance was done, 99% were just fine. On top of that, it should turn you off Navistar, not Ford.

What the hell dude? joe8737 posts his experiences as an Ambulance fleet operator and somehow you think his experience is a result of improper maintenance. Was improper maintenance the reason we needed a new 6.0 in a truck with 12,000 miles?

Do you run a fleet of 6.0s? Do you have experience with the 6.0 in the public safety field? If not, then don't try to discredit a person who has first hand, real life experience with the problems and headaches associated with Ford products that feature this engine.

What the hell dude? joe8737 posts his experiences as an Ambulance fleet operator and somehow you think his experience is a result of improper maintenance. Was improper maintenance the reason we needed a new 6.0 in a truck with 12,000 miles?

Do you run a fleet of 6.0s? Do you have experience with the 6.0 in the public safety field? If not, then don't try to discredit a person who has first hand, real life experience with the problems and headaches associated with Ford products that feature this engine.

Yes I do. The PRHA (my regional health authority) has about 10 6.0. My cousin is a director. When his dad was buying his truck I said not to because of the the 6.0 problems. He said he wasn't worried because none of their ambulances have had any problems.

Yes I do. The PRHA (my regional health authority) has about 10 6.0. My cousin is a director. When his dad was buying his truck I said not to because of the the 6.0 problems. He said he wasn't worried because none of their ambulances have had any problems.

Well, then maybe your experience is unique in that you had no problems.