Here comes $100 oil, and $3 gas?

Ford Jellymoulds

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pouplaton numbers have litte to do with any thing in time of war. Better go back and read you history.

Small numbered elite forces. All the Canadian military is trained to operatre with out back up. Cause we knwif the shit hits the fan that is exactyl what they are going to have to do. They are trainaed to be self sufficiant all out ground troops are trined like this not just few elite frocrs.

Ya but it kinda sucks when you can not see the ground. In really cold temps IR gets all messed up.

And take yourslefs right along with us. Or are you forgetting about fall out ?

Since most of targets would be within a spitting distance of the U.S

As SUV pointed out do not bet on that. We have been their for Europe from the get go every time we were needed. Better spend some time in Europe. And see how well liked and highely regradred Canuks are.

We gave our lives in both world wars from the onset and did not have to guilted in to or have war declared on us to kick in. Hell we are rembered and hounoured for our sacrafices today that were made almost a hundred years ago.

Aslo you are forgetting about France hell they were preparing to send troops here if Quebec separated in the last referendum. Let alone with a U.S invasion force. They will try protect Quebec no question.

Aslo there is the whole UK issue. If you think they would side with the US your dreaming. As best you could hope for them to abstain. More than likly they would not. We are a Commonthweath Nation and the Queen is our head of state.

Then then there is the whole Russian question. There is nothing better they would like, than to get thier hands back on Alaska. And this would give the means and reason to do so.

So do not count on the Loyalites of the EU.

Matthew

Yes we are a member of both the Commonwealth of nations and La Francophonie. The Memorial at Vimy Ridge shows how much respect our country has in France.

Keep thinking that Shock.

Canada spends more per capita on it's military than North Korea does.

It is good image we portray that we have almost no military to speak of.

We are short in some areas but have exceptinally well trained soldiers. That are cabable of operating with out behind the lines support. Some thing U.S troops rely on hevaly.

Also planes have a shit time operating in the winter not the easiet thing to do to say the least.

All of our aircraft are specifally designed for artic operations as regular productin units will not operate relibly in those conditions.

Occupying any nation especialy one with severe winters is a huge issue. The Russians learned that the hard way in the Russain Fnnish war.

All Canada would have to do is apply a scorched earth policy like the Russians did. And most of Canada's population is near the U.S boarder. But that is not where resources are. Those are in the far north. Most of the areas have ONE road acsses with no airports near the facilty's them selves. The Oil sand facility's are a fantatic defenceable postion. No air strip acessse. rough terain not suitable for armoured vehicles. It

Remeber a lot of Canada's infastructure planning in the reasurce rich centers was done during the height of the cold war and defence was paramount in the execution this was stressed extensivly by the U.S Gov't at the time cause we were supplying the U.S with alot of the basics and still do.

If Canada turned off the crude tap the U.S would grind to halt a few weeks

and that would pretty much put an end to any military action.

Matthew

Not that I disagree with you completely SUV, but frankly you and Shock matching military wits is like two guys with unloaded guns having a shoot out.

Yes, if the US for some strange reason decided to invade Canada (Operation Leaf Blower) in order to take over the oil fields, the Canadians would in short order just blow the fields in place leaving nothing but twisted wreckage to take over. They aren't stupid Shock, and they aren't just going to leave the stuff in place for us. Also once we take the stuff over, assuming it wasn't blown to hell, who's going to operate it? Soldiers shoot things and blow things up, they aren't oil workers which means you have to import said oil workers and we already don't have enough of them to go around here in the lower 48. So we would be guarding oil fields that are doing nothing. Even then the Canadian insurgents would find ways to disrupt the flow if we managed to get the pumps up and running.

Now for you SUV. Your military isn't quite the "Superman" force you've made it out to be. All armies move on their stomach, man and machine. This notion that the Canadian military can maintain continuous operations without support is simply not reality. Soldiers must have food and vehicles must have fuel, guns must have bullets. The only way for the Canadian military to operate without the need to resupply these things is to move around in great hordes of equipment with long lines of fuel trucks and cargo trucks to carry all of their resupply. This would make them a great big pretty target for just about anybodys airforce. Pretty quickly you would find your super well trained Canadians in absolute despair.

Finally with respect to this notion that your jets have some sort of special advantage because they are designed to operate in the arctic climate. Did you think we haven't thought of that SUV? Did you think we couldn't do the same thing to our jets? We took an army that was designed to fight in Europe, a decidedly cold environment much of the year, and moved it to the desert. We can easily operate over norther Canada. Perhaps you've heard of the SAC bombers? Yeah, the ones that were designed to fly over the north pole and bomb Russian. HMMMMM.

In truth SUV, if your military decided to match us blow for blow you wouldn't last a week. Your best option is guerilla warfare.

Not that I disagree with you completely SUV, but frankly you and Shock matching military wits is like two guys with unloaded guns having a shoot out.

Yes, if the US for some strange reason decided to invade Canada (Operation Leaf Blower) in order to take over the oil fields, the Canadians would in short order just blow the fields in place leaving nothing but twisted wreckage to take over. They aren't stupid Shock, and they aren't just going to leave the stuff in place for us. Also once we take the stuff over, assuming it wasn't blown to hell, who's going to operate it? Soldiers shoot things and blow things up, they aren't oil workers which means you have to import said oil workers and we already don't have enough of them to go around here in the lower 48. So we would be guarding oil fields that are doing nothing. Even then the Canadian insurgents would find ways to disrupt the flow if we managed to get the pumps up and running.

Now for you SUV. Your military isn't quite the "Superman" force you've made it out to be. All armies move on their stomach, man and machine. This notion that the Canadian military can maintain continuous operations without support is simply not reality. Soldiers must have food and vehicles must have fuel, guns must have bullets. The only way for the Canadian military to operate without the need to resupply these things is to move around in great hordes of equipment with long lines of fuel trucks and cargo trucks to carry all of their resupply. This would make them a great big pretty target for just about anybodys airforce. Pretty quickly you would find your super well trained Canadians in absolute despair.

Finally with respect to this notion that your jets have some sort of special advantage because they are designed to operate in the arctic climate. Did you think we haven't thought of that SUV? Did you think we couldn't do the same thing to our jets? We took an army that was designed to fight in Europe, a decidedly cold environment much of the year, and moved it to the desert. We can easily operate over norther Canada. Perhaps you've heard of the SAC bombers? Yeah, the ones that were designed to fly over the north pole and bomb Russian. HMMMMM.

In truth SUV, if your military decided to match us blow for blow you wouldn't last a week. Your best option is guerilla warfare.

Umm, Blackhorse, that was Matthew, not me.....I know you would beat us...I never said you wouldn't I just said we had a military that was proper and very well trained for our population.

Edited by suv_guy_19

Umm, Blackhorse, that was Matthew, not me.....I know you would beat us...I never said you wouldn't I just said we had a military that was proper and very well trained for our population.

I love the Ticonderoga class cruiser your navy uses. It just looks so graceful, well, except for the strait up front:

v99-60b.gif

I would also hope that there would never be a reason for our 2 countries to go to war.

Edited by suv_guy_19

LMAO, My apologies SUV. I should have been paying attention. Matthew that then is directed at you.

Pouplaton numbers have litte to do with any thing in time of war. Better go back and read you history.
Correct, but when the countries are NEXT to each other, and one has 270 million more people and has a vastly stronger military, it does matter.
Small numbered elite forces. All the Canadian military is trained to operatre with out back up. Cause we knwif the shit hits the fan that is exactyl what they are going to have to do. They are trainaed to be self sufficiant all out ground troops are trined like this not just few elite frocrs.
Blackhorse already pointed out how stupid this statement is.
Ya but it kinda sucks when you can not see the ground. In really cold temps IR gets all messed up.

And take yourslefs right along with us. Or are you forgetting about fall out ?

You are stupid, the US blew up Iraq at night with surgical precision. Did they see the ground then?

Since most of targets would be within a spitting distance of the U.S

Correct, but I doubt your military targets are close to the US.

As SUV pointed out do not bet on that. We have been their for Europe from the get go every time we were needed. Better spend some time in Europe. And see how well liked and highely regradred Canuks are.

We gave our lives in both world wars from the onset and did not have to guilted in to or have war declared on us to kick in. Hell we are rembered and hounoured for our sacrafices today that were made almost a hundred years ago.

Guilted into war? Wow, way to demean the sacrifice of the US force that made victory possible. Without the US in both your side would have lost. I'm pretty sure not having Canada wouldn't have made a difference. And it was the USA's Marshall plan that rebuilt Europe. You're so offbase and don't even know it. Canada has a more valuable currency for the first time ever and they get an attitude.

Aslo you are forgetting about France hell they were preparing to send troops here if Quebec separated in the last referendum. Let alone with a U.S invasion force. They will try protect Quebec no question.

Aslo there is the whole UK issue. If you think they would side with the US your dreaming. As best you could hope for them to abstain. More than likly they would not. We are a Commonthweath Nation and the Queen is our head of state.

Neither could get across the ocean to do anything to help you.

Then then there is the whole Russian question. There is nothing better they would like, than to get thier hands back on Alaska. And this would give the means and reason to do so.

So do not count on the Loyalites of the EU.

Matthew

You realize the US could control the ocean and no one could come help you right? I'm not saying the US could do anything more than blow Canada up, but it would be a superb fireworks show.

Correct, but when the countries are NEXT to each other, and one has 270 million more people and has a vastly stronger military, it does matter.

Blackhorse already pointed out how stupid this statement is.

You are stupid, the US blew up Iraq at night with surgical precision. Did they see the ground then?

Guilted into war? Wow, way to demean the sacrifice of the US force that made victory possible. Without the US in both your side would have lost. I'm pretty sure not having Canada wouldn't have made a difference. And it was the USA's Marshall plan that rebuilt Europe. You're so offbase and don't even know it. Canada has a more valuable currency for the first time ever and they get an attitude.

You realize the US could control the ocean and no one could come help you right? I'm not saying the US could do anything more than blow Canada up, but it would be a superb fireworks show.

Yeah, well, my dad will beat up your dad. Seriously though, thats how stupid this argument is. And as for Canadians getting an attitude because of a high currency, we're just trying to make up for years of being on the receiving end. And another thing, you talk about him demeaning the sacrifice of Americans, how is that any different than what you have been doing, saying we have made no difference?

Edited by suv_guy_19

Tha Canadian military ground personal are trained to operate in small gurrilla style tactics for home defence.

Not battalion strength or divisions.

They are quite capable of surving offf the land and that is part of their training. They are dumped in the feild for 2 weeks with 2 days rations and basic survival gear with no fire arms. There is no shortage of bush grub in this coutry. They get to do this in the winter and summer.

The military here knows they have no chance of with standing a long drawn out protracted battle with a superior equipped force. So the emphisis was put on hit and run tactics. To cause as much disruption and chaos as possible. Remember the tatics for the last 50 or so years for the Canadian Armed Forces was in preparation for a Russian invasion. So guerilla style tatics offered the best results for long term warfare

Make a stand till over run then head for the bush and create havoc behind the lines.

That was-is the only option in the event of of an invasion. The CAF has weapons, equipment and munitions cached all over the country to this day.

The Canadain solder is better prepared and trained to operate with out support than the U.S counter part.

These tactics are eactly what the Fins did with the Russians the Viet Cong did with the Americans.

And the Afgans with the Russians. To date there is no defence against these kind of tactics.

And they are very effective with relatiivly small numbers of trained personal.

No one in modern times has sucssesfully bean able to invade a nation without either reducing the nation to rubble or nuking them in to submission with out suppot from the population.

Also in regards to artic operation every year the U.S come up here for war games at the Cold Lake Air Force Base (And get waxed on a fairly regular basis) it takes them weeks to prepare the Aircraft for operating in the climate.

Going from Europe to Iraq is not nearly as large technical hurdle as going to Artic and sub artic winter conditions. The Russians learned this and have doubles of lot of stuff Winter equipment and summer equipment each using different alloys of steel in them able to cope with the temp extremes.

Simple things like Fuel systems and pilot O2 delivery systms need extensive modifications.

Hell our pilots were roasting their asses off during the gulf war and expericaned several technical failers as the jets were equpped to work in artic conditions. It took weeks to make the modfications.

And even then it was a comprimise.

All our Fighter Aircraft are built to Aircraft carrier landing specs. Yet we do not own an Aircraft carrier but the extra strength in the air frame and landing gear is required to deal the much more severe service they see operating here.

Simple things like winter diesel. Which the U.S produces very little of and gets most of it's supply from Canada is an obsolute nessesity here.

It is not as cut and dried as it seems when it comes to equipment.

Matthew

Correct, but when the countries are NEXT to each other, and one has 270 million more people and has a vastly stronger military, it does matter.Blackhorse already pointed out how stupid this statement is.

Appreantly it did not matter last time. When Canada's population was less than 80k and the U.S was over 2 Million. Nor did it matter Durng the little fracus in Vietnam.

Yup all done on clear days. How many times have priecsia bombing missions been postponed in IRAQ due to foul weather? More times than I can count. You have to be abe to paint the target . you can not do this on poor weather.

The most northrly (Cold Lake) is less than 400 miles from the U.S boarder.

The U.S did not kick in WWI till 1917 just a little over a year befor the war ended. Well after the stalemate had been broken, by Canadian troops no less.

The U.S did not make victory possible that was already on the way.

That in no way lessons the sacrfices made by U.S military personal. But to think the U.S was resposonsible for the Victory in WWI is way off base and is more propganda fed to Americans by the media.

The U.S was guilted - forced in to joining the fray after the out cry's in the U.S about the U.S citizens killed on board the Lusitania. Had the Lusitania not been sunk chances are the US would have never gotten involved.

In WWII the U.S did not get involved till almost 1942 Over 3 years after the fact. And that was only after being attacked the U.S never did declare war on Germany until after Germany declered war on the U.S.

The corker is Canada declered war on Japan right away after the bombing of pearl harbour.

Freinds attacked we were there right now.

Again better read up on your history.

None of this lesons the sacrfices made by the U.S mlitary personal. Or the nation as whole. These are just facts. Nothing More if you do not like it or it upsets you then take it up with the people that made the decsions.

The U.S is not the great savour in WWI and in WWII they only got involved when forced to..

The U.S learned a valuble lesson from abstainng from WWII for as long they did. And never made that mistake again.

Resource wise we need nothing. 2 Oceans you can cover But not all 3.

Matthew

Edited by matthewq4b

Tha Canadian military ground personal are trained to operate in small gurrilla style tactics for home defence.

Not battalion strength or divisions.

They are quite capable of surving offf the land and that is part of their training. They are dumped in the feild for 2 weeks with 2 days rations and basic survival gear with no fire arms. There is no shortage of bush grub in this coutry. They get to do this in the winter and summer.

The military here knows they have no chance of with standing a long drawn out protracted battle with a superior equipped force. So the emphisis was put on hit and run tactics. To cause as much disruption and chaos as possible. Remember the tatics for the last 50 or so years for the Canadian Armed Forces was in preparation for a Russian invasion. So guerilla style tatics offered the best results for long term warfare

Make a stand till over run then head for the bush and create havoc behind the lines.

That was-is the only option in the event of of an invasion. The CAF has weapons, equipment and munitions cached all over the country to this day.

The Canadain solder is better prepared and trained to operate with out support than the U.S counter part.

These tactics are eactly what the Fins did with the Russians the Viet Cong did with the Americans.

And the Afgans with the Russians. To date there is no defence against these kind of tactics.

And they are very effective with relatiivly small numbers of trained personal.

No one in modern times has sucssesfully bean able to invade a nation without either reducing the nation to rubble or nuking them in to submission with out suppot from the population.

Also in regards to artic operation every year the U.S come up here for war games at the Cold Lake Air Force Base (And get waxed on a fairly regular basis) it takes them weeks to prepare the Aircraft for operating in the climate.

Going from Europe to Iraq is not nearly as large technical hurdle as going to Artic and sub artic winter conditions. The Russians learned this and have doubles of lot of stuff Winter equipment and summer equipment each using different alloys of steel in them able to cope with the temp extremes.

Simple things like Fuel systems and pilot O2 delivery systms need extensive modifications.

Hell our pilots were roasting their asses off during the gulf war and expericaned several technical failers as the jets were equpped to work in artic conditions. It took weeks to make the modfications.

And even then it was a comprimise.

All our Fighter Aircraft are built to Aircraft carrier landing specs. Yet we do not own an Aircraft carrier but the extra strength in the air frame and landing gear is required to deal the much more severe service they see operating here.

Simple things like winter diesel. Which the U.S produces very little of and gets most of it's supply from Canada is an obsolute nessesity here.

It is not as cut and dried as it seems when it comes to equipment.

Few things are ever as cut and dried as they seem, particularly your whole school of thought in this post. Do you honestly believe that American soldiers at this point are not very familiar with how guerrilla fighters operate? Think about it. Also, frankly you can have all the training you want about how to survive off the land and all that good garbage but the actual doing of it in a real wartime situation is a whole other thing. Canadian soldiers surviving off the land in training know they aren't going to die. They know that if they get tracked down by the OPFOR that they won't really get shot. Most importantly, all those cache's of weapons and supplies you got stashed around Canada, guess who also knows where they are. That's right we do.

As for this aircraft nonsense, again you just aren't applying common sense. We don't need to land our jets in Canada Matthew. We can base them out of American air bases in Montana, Oregon, upstate NY and so on and just make incursions into Canada. We can reach you anywhere in the country pretty quick. Also I think you're forgetting about our airbases in Alaska. We are not strangers to operating in those conditions, you have no strategic advantage because of them.

It's not that I doubt the capability of the Canadian military nor the devotion they have to their country. It's just that I'm not going to sit here and listen the bullshit about how they are so much better prepared for this and that and the other then their American military counterparts. Horseshit. You won't mind taking the lead role in Iraq then? I didn't think so.

Appreantly it did not matter last time. When Canada's population was less than 80k and the U.S was over 2 Million. Nor did it matter Durng the little fracus in Vietnam.

Yes, the way in 1812 makes for a perfect example of why population has no effect today.

Yup all done on clear days. How many times have priecsia bombing missions been postponed in IRAQ due to foul weather? More times than I can count. You have to be abe to paint the target . you can not do this on poor weather.

The most northrly (Cold Lake) is less than 400 miles from the U.S boarder.

Who said we had to be precise in a war with Canada? I'm pretty sure if we were fighting Canada civilian casualties wouldn't matter at that point.

The U.S did not kick in WWI till 1917 just a little over a year befor the war ended. Well after the stalemate had been broken, by Canadian troops no less.

Did not kick in TROOPS until 1917.

The U.S did not make victory possible that was already on the way.

This is totally not provable.

That in no way lessons the sacrfices made by U.S military personal. But to think the U.S was resposonsible for the Victory in WWI is way off base and is more propganda fed to Americans by the media.

The U.S was guilted - forced in to joining the fray after the out cry's in the U.S about the U.S citizens killed on board the Lusitania. Had the Lusitania not been sunk chances are the US would have never gotten involved.

I'm not arguing whether we'd have gotten involved or not.

In WWII the U.S did not get involved till almost 1942 Over 3 years after the fact. And that was only after being attacked the U.S never did declare war on Germany until after Germany declered war on the U.S.

The corker is Canada declered war on Japan right away after the bombing of pearl harbour.

Freinds attacked we were there right now.

Again better read up on your history.

The US people did not want to get dragged into "Europe's War". We still cranked out supplies and support, but not troops until we were attacked. Canada clearly wasn't so great this time if they waited until we were attacked to help out.

None of this lesons the sacrfices made by the U.S mlitary personal. Or the nation as whole. These are just facts. Nothing More if you do not like it or it upsets you then take it up with the people that made the decsions.
I'm not upset I'm having fun.
The U.S is not the great savour in WWI and in WWII they only got involved when forced to..

The U.S learned a valuble lesson from abstainng from WWII for as long they did. And never made that mistake again.

Resource wise we need nothing. 2 Oceans you can cover But not all 3.

Matthew

You can't ship through the Artic a large portion of the time, and Canada has few external ports due to the climate. They could easily be covered.

Yes, the way in 1812 makes for a perfect example of why population has no effect today.

Rember Vietnam.

Who said we had to be precise in a war with Canada? I'm pretty sure if we were fighting Canada civilian casualties wouldn't matter at that point.

Im sure the U.S public would tolerate that. look at the fuss that is made about a few terroists prisoners in GETMO.

Did not kick in TROOPS until 1917.

Yup that is right.

This is totally not provable.

Yes it is better read your history shock by the time the U.S joined the war in 1917 the Germans were on the ropes and it was only a matter of time. The involment of the U.S shortend the war but did not nor would have not changed the outcome had they not gotten inolved.

The Canadian Corps victory at Vimy Ridge was the battle that broke the Germans back from there on out it was only a matter of time befor Germany fell.

The Canuks and the Aussies delt the Germans the death blow at the battle of Amiens.

The US people did not want to get dragged into "Europe's War". We still cranked out supplies and support, but not troops until we were attacked. Canada clearly wasn't so great this time if they waited until we were attacked to help out.

Canada was participating in WWII from the onset in Sept 1939. What we did not do was wait to delare war on nantion that attacked a freind in fact no one did but Russia until the bombing of Pearl Harbour. They were fightng a war on 2 fronts befor the U.S even got involved.

The U.S could not function more for more than a few weeks without the crude or the refined fuels shipped south from Canada.

Attacking us is like having an all out thermnuclear war. The result regardless of the out come of the battle is still the same. You still lose.

Matthew

Rember Vietnam.

Im sure the U.S public would tolerate that. look at the fuss that is made about a few terroists prisoners in GETMO.

Let's try this again. If we are at war, WITH CANADA, aren't we passed a certain point where the US public could actually matter?

Attacking us is like having an all out thermnuclear war. The result regardless of the out come of the battle is still the same. You still lose.

No kidding the US loses in a war with Canada. It's the ultimate lose lose. That doesn't change the fact that at the end of the day half of Canada would have been bombed and the US would still be nearly untouched by Canadian forces.

How many Canadians & Americans died in the Zulu war?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p629R-whGlM

World War 1, times were hard but at least everybody cared.

Not a lot of folk know Hitler is still alive and living in Minehead

Canada and US going to war, l don’t think so, so why waste you time talking a load of shit. Life is to short.

Out of necessity, Canada has always been better at diplomacy than brute force. In the near future, those skills are going to be put to the test. With the Earth's oceans warming up, and the Northwest Passage becoming more navigable each year, let's see if America the Junior is up to the task of keeping its "Canadian Internal Waters" (Northwest Passage to the rest of the planet) all to itself.

When the world's ravenous nations of the future decide they need to use the NW Passage for maximum economic gain, or even for basic survival, how will Canada stop them? Certainly not with their pitiful navy. My guess is they'll cozy up to the USA and remind them of the Monroe Doctrine. Then we'll see who the bitch really is!

Out of necessity, Canada has always been better at diplomacy than brute force. In the near future, those skills are going to be put to the test. With the Earth's oceans warming up, and the Northwest Passage becoming more navigable each year, let's see if America the Junior is up to the task of keeping its "Canadian Internal Waters" (Northwest Passage to the rest of the planet) all to itself.

When the world's ravenous nations of the future decide they need to use the NW Passage for maximum economic gain, or even for basic survival, how will Canada stop them? Certainly not with their pitiful navy. My guess is they'll cozy up to the USA and remind them of the Monroe Doctrine. Then we'll see who the bitch really is!

Canada has plans for a dozen ice breaking warships in the works and has couple under construction as we speak for exactly this issue. As it stands now all ships using passage have to be escorted with an ice breaker. It is not the easiest shipping lane to use.

Matthew

It's certainly not a pitiful navy. It's proper for a country our size and very capable.