New Attendance Policy

CD4EMAN

We were told today by our skilled trades chair that the national agreement has an attendance agreement that states T "time off justified" will be held against you same as an AWOL, that is to say as a progressive penalty. If you are off work for lets say 2 days for the flu "the real flu" and you have a Dr.s note stateing so,you will get a T code for 2 days. As you accumulate T days its progressive I am a little vague on some of the details but @ 8 T codes within 18 months 2 weeks off ,@ 9 T codes 1 month off ,@ 10 T codes TERMINATED!

I try not to miss a lot of work but lets say you get really sick we are expected to come to work contagious or have T code treated like awols.

Bullshit to me. I know people abuse the system but for the love of God we all get some kind of sick sometime. We have to use personel time or be awoled. By the way these T codes are also stacked with awols, so they build together. U days are a thing of the past in Batavia, So what is an honest person to do.

Our meeting is this Friday, I will be asking questions, I hope every local will ask some real questions on tough topics. Dont let them sell us a shit pie and tell us it tastes as good as we could make it taste!

Fraternally yours

Steve

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were told today by our skilled trades chair that the national agreement has an attendance agreement that states T "time off justified" will be held against you same as an AWOL, that is to say as a progressive penalty. If you are off work for lets say 2 days for the flu "the real flu" and you have a Dr.s note stateing so,you will get a T code for 2 days. As you accumulate T days its progressive I am a little vague on some of the details but @ 8 T codes within 18 months 2 weeks off ,@ 9 T codes 1 month off ,@ 10 T codes TERMINATED!

I try not to miss a lot of work but lets say you get really sick we are expected to come to work contagious or have T code treated like awols.

Bullshit to me. I know people abuse the system but for the love of God we all get some kind of sick sometime. We have to use personel time or be awoled. By the way these T codes are also stacked with awols, so they build together. U days are a thing of the past in Batavia, So what is an honest person to do.

Our meeting is this Friday, I will be asking questions, I hope every local will ask some real questions on tough topics. Dont let them sell us a shit pie and tell us it tastes as good as we could make it taste!

Fraternally yours

Steve

Not liking that!!! I have a good work record also, but I get migraines that put me down for a day, sometimes two. I dont get them to often anymore but with strains and sprains, flu,any kind of respretory infection,etc this policy could screw alot of honest people. I see the need for tightening up the attendance problems but come on there has to be a better way than this! Same thing with medicals, alot of people abuse that!! I hear that Ford will now take up to 30 days off justified if a psychiatrist/psychologist deems it neccesary, didnt it used to be you had to have a note from your primary for that?! I know curcumstances justify some people needing long term medicals but there is alot of abuse out there and now they are cracking the whip on everyone instead of busting the abusers!!!

Fraternally yours

Steve

Make sure you're off at least 3 days. That qualifies you for FMLA leave. You have up to 12 weeks a year. I've got cancer and have had to be off quite a bit this year for related health issues.

Just make sure your doctor fills out the papers.

Bob :stats:

Make sure you're off at least 3 days. That qualifies you for FMLA leave. You have up to 12 weeks a year. I've got cancer and have had to be off quite a bit this year for related health issues.

Just make sure your doctor fills out the papers.

Bob :stats:

What are the qualifications for FMLA?......I never inquired into it before, I honestly never thought I had to but I was told by a friend that since my daughter is Autistic I might qualify being that she has tons of doc appts. and I am always trying to schedual them around my ever changing shift, which sometimes means personal days for them and/or when she is just plain sick. It gets tricky.

If this is true, you can thank the Shit Bags for this. The ones who abuse the system are fucking it up for the rest of us. Time for them, and the medical leave abusers to hit the road.

Kimber, I'd talk to your Comitte person about the FMLA for your daughter. That is, if you can get her to come over to our plant.

Edited by Sterling Axle Member

If this is true, you can thank the Shit Bags for this. The ones who abuse the system are fucking it up for the rest of us. Time for them, and the medical leave abusers to hit the road.

Kimber, I'd talk to your Comitte person about the FMLA for your daughter. That is, if you can get her to come over to our plant.

Your in and out...are you at S-2 now??? Absolutely about the "shit bags"!!!! I know of a few and cant stand the sight of them cause I know how they operate!! One in particular, she and her family....real pieces of work! As far as Dept. rep. coming to our plant....Yeah right...few and far between! It took her two days to get down there so I could turn in a bump!! And PC took care of a pay issue I had cause she apparently couldnt handle it. Nice to talk to I guess but needs to step it up if she wants to keep her position aye?!

Fraternally yours

Steve

this has already been in effect at lap, once the coa kicked in,it just shows the company don't give two shits about you or your health, best thing to do is go to work sick as a dog, go up to your foreman and hurl on them or on their desk, i guarenntee you will go home and get some satifaction

Your in and out...are you at S-2 now???

Absolutely about the "shit bags"!!!! I know of a few and cant stand the sight of them cause I know how they operate!! One in particular, she and her family....real pieces of work!

As far as Dept. rep. coming to our plant....Yeah right...few and far between! It took her two days to get down there so I could turn in a bump!! And PC took care of a pay issue I had cause she apparently couldnt handle it. Nice to talk to I guess but needs to step it up if she wants to keep her position aye?!

Yes, I've been there since pretty much day 1.

I hear ya. I forgot the Pot Heads and Drunks need to go too. Wouldn't have to offer buyouts if they made people piss in a cup. We'd be hiring.

That's why we got rid of our last comitteman. Nice guy, but POS when it came to doing what he was elected to do.

this has already been in effect at lap, once the coa kicked in,it just shows the company don't give two shits about you or your health, best thing to do is go to work sick as a dog, go up to your foreman and hurl on them or on their desk, i guarenntee you will go home and get some satifaction

:hysterical:

Or you can hurl in the trunk of a Mustang, that works at AAI. :hysterical:

:redcard:

Oh you definitely hit a sore spot with me on the piss tests...I've been saying that for soooo long!! I am sick of the drunks and druggies in our plant (main plant). No one seems to do anything about it!! If you go to union, your not being supportive of your brother/sister, what B.S.!! I dont care what anyone does outside the plant...just keep it outside the plant!!! I used to have to cover people on the line so they could either buy or sell their garbage!! Used to tick me off and the foreman and union reps. didnt open their mouths! If they did a mandatory test every now and then we could get rid of all the slackers in that place and not have to worry about ILO's!!!

What are the qualifications for FMLA?......I never inquired into it before, I honestly never thought I had to but I was told by a friend that since my daughter is Autistic I might qualify being that she has tons of doc appts. and I am always trying to schedual them around my ever changing shift, which sometimes means personal days for them and/or when she is just plain sick. It gets tricky.

Go and talk to your medical dept. They have to do the paperwork, and then you take the paperwork to your doctor to fill out. I had it done while my wife was pregnant so I could bail out if and when she went into labor while I was at work, also so I could attend important doctors visits before and after my kids were born. Since my wife had a c-section, I had to drive her to and from appointments, and even that was covered under FMLA.

Go and talk to your medical dept. They have to do the paperwork, and then you take the paperwork to your doctor to fill out. I had it done while my wife was pregnant so I could bail out if and when she went into labor while I was at work, also so I could attend important doctors visits before and after my kids were born. Since my wife had a c-section, I had to drive her to and from appointments, and even that was covered under FMLA.

Thanks!! FMLA is an excused, unpaid day correct? Can they still hold it against you with the new atten. policy if you only use one day instead of say three or more in a row?

Thanks!! FMLA is an excused, unpaid day correct? Can they still hold it against you with the new atten. policy if you only use one day instead of say three or more in a row?

NO.....FMLA is covered un der a fesderal act.You cannot be disciplined or any of that shit.You just have to call the day of and say I ain't comin in!And they would say when you comin back?and you say tommorrow.

there all done nough said.

Listen to Sentinel he is wise.PLC guru and all and I bet he still wears his Army Jacket!

Oh you definitely hit a sore spot with me on the piss tests...I've been saying that for soooo long!! I am sick of the drunks and druggies in our plant (main plant). No one seems to do anything about it!! If you go to union, your not being supportive of your brother/sister, what B.S.!! I dont care what anyone does outside the plant...just keep it outside the plant!!! I used to have to cover people on the line so they could either buy or sell their garbage!! Used to tick me off and the foreman and union reps. didnt open their mouths! If they did a mandatory test every now and then we could get rid of all the slackers in that place and not have to worry about ILO's!!!

careful what you ask for.

you might find out that some of the best folks in your plant cant pass a piss test.

if youre not in the "doper" circle,you only know who the real shit bags are who happen to be dopers.

you will find the best people gone and half the shit bags still there.

NO.....FMLA is covered un der a fesderal act.You cannot be disciplined or any of that shit.You just have to call the day of and say I ain't comin in!And they would say when you comin back?and you say tommorrow.

there all done nough said.

Listen to Sentinel he is wise.PLC guru and all and I bet he still wears his Army Jacket!

SEC. 102. LEAVE REQUIREMENT.

(a) IN GENERAL.--

(1) ENTITLEMENT TO LEAVE.--Subject to section 103, an eligible employee shall be entitled to a total of 12 workweeks of leave during any 12-month period for one or more of the following:

(A) Because of the birth of a son or daughter of the employee and in order to care for such son or daughter.

(B.) Because of the placement of a son or daughter with the employee for adoption or foster care.

© In order to care for the spouse, or a son, daughter, or parent, of the employee, if such spouse, son, daughter, or parent has a serious health condition.

(D) Because of a serious health condition that makes the employee unable to perform the functions of the position of such employee.

(2) EXPIRATION OF ENTITLEMENT.--The entitlement to leave under subparagraphs (A) and (B) of paragraph (1) for a birth or placement of a son or daughter shall expire at the end of the 12-month period beginning on the date of such birth or placement.

i've never taken time off work, but im assuming (B.) is what people will now try to abuse.. except from what i've seen, they wont give you an excused FMLA absence because your brat has a cough

Edited by Raws41900

Fraternally yours

Steve

That is correct

You also have to have 1250(IIRC)hrs in the proir year to qualify for an FMLA. My wife suffers from extreme migraines that send her to hospital and down for two days. I tried to get one at MTP earlier this year but because MTP was on & off for layoffs the prior year I didn't have enough hours.

You also have to have 1250(IIRC)hrs in the proir year to qualify for an FMLA. My wife suffers from extreme migraines that send her to hospital and down for two days. I tried to get one at MTP earlier this year but because MTP was on & off for layoffs the prior year I didn't have enough hours.

This could get ugly

you might find out that some of the best folks in your plant cant pass a piss test.

if youre not in the "doper" circle,you only know who the real shit bags are who happen to be dopers.

Touche'....you are somewhat correct. I know quite a few people who indulge and are good workers, do their jobs everyday, and I would hate to see them lose their job! My complaint is the ones who dont do their job, bitch about the job,screw up their job, and leave off the job to deal or indulge. Its a fine line. If you crack down you get rid of some of the good with the bad..if you dont, the bad make things worse for everyone around them and overall the whole plant. We are there to make money, its a job, not socialize and party....keep it outside the plant on your own time. Kind of like the ones who take advantage of medicals etc.., it gets ridiculous, they ruin things for everyone, they act like juveniles not adults, irresponsible plain and simple.

not that I am in the 'doper circle" but that is sooooo very true...i am still shocked at that but whata true statement....shit bags are shit bags drug test wont solve that just get a bunch of good people screwed....

Are they going to clean the slate, or are they going to discipline people for their current record after the contract is ratified. Weather or not you agree or disagree on the terms of the new policy, everyones attendance record should be wiped clean upon the implimentation of the new policy. I'm all for disciplining abusers as long as they know the rules in advance. They would not have slipped through the cracks, but rather Ford would be creating the crack and sweeping people towards it!