Where is your local UAW Chairman?

AdamCaan

According to the Feds, you are not obligated to be in a Union even in a State that is not Right to Work. You can opt out of it at any time. There are a few consequences however, and must be considered before doing so. All that is really required is a basic drafted letter sent return request signature required to the Union and the Company. Details are here:

LINK: How to Resign From the Union

There is a link to a sample letter

If the contract states that you work in a closed union shop, I don't see how this could fly without losing your job...

I can only speak for Kentucky Truck Plant but our Chairman is in the Plant every day which is quite a contrast from our past Chairman which we didn't see for 3 years. He and our Bargaining Committee are on the floor every day in one area or another. What many people have a hard time understanding is that the Chairman and Bargaining Committee spend a lot of time in meetingings each day on issues the Committee people can't resolve. As for KY. Truck I believe we have a good team in place and I hate to think what our future would be like if we had some inexperienced leadership in office. These guys always come to the floor when called, but they really don't have time to be on the floor doing the job we elected our Committee people to do.

Our chair at Raws is seen walking from the union office to the front offices and back. He told one tradesman that he is no longer involved with issues on the floor. ??????????? I thought he was our PLANT Chairman. Not the international chair. He apparently does quite a bit with the Internation union.