Where is your local UAW Chairman?

AdamCaan

How many times have you seen your local UAW chairman, president or committeemen since elections in May 2005? (not counting pictures in the union newsletter)

Here at Sterling we see our Committeperson allmost every day! might not see the President or Chairman every day...But all you have to do is call them and you would be able to go see them.......

I see them once in a while, they are around. They just sometimes don't want to see me...

Kzinti,

I know how you feel! Was it something we said? ROFLMAO! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't you just love how they're always in "meetings" but when you ask them a question as to what is going on they don't have a clue! Too bad they're not paid based on THEIR productiveness, huh?!

Over at the R&E , sightings are very rare. But it is a big complex. They are keeping a low profile over there. Lots of issues that they are not taking care of. We do see our commitee man at least twice a month. :angry: Called the Regional rep a couple of weeks ago, heard his secretary tell him that he had a phone call, I heard him say ok, she transferred me to his phone and he would not pick up , so I called back two more times and he finally picked up and he was not happy. It is first time I ever called the Regional for a issue. And maybe the last. :lol:

Here at Sterling we see our Committeperson allmost every day! might not see the President or Chairman every day...But all you have to do is call them and you would be able to go see them.......

You got to be kidding right? Ever since I hired in. I haven't seen a commiteeman yet! When I say that. I mean one in the true sense of the word; one that isn't a part company man either! But then again that really is the exception over there when you see a committeeman everyday... I'll be lucky if I see mine once a week! That ain't no joke either!

We see ours pretty often at CAP. Seems to be trying hard, and must admit those who got elected with him are doing reasonably well too. They know the contract well, and very seldom do we get "Let me get back to you," from them. They seem to shoot pretty straight also, so that is all I can personally expect. Would rather be told "can't do it," then be told "I can," just to make me happy when they know it is a lie.

If the chairman continues on in that fashion though, I am certain it won't be long before they offer him an "up" in the union international. Seems that is how it is handled, whether it be Ford wanting it, or the union itself is unknown to me, but if they do it again,(which they have done every time we got a decent chairman) it cements the idea with me that is also very important who we elect as vice-president. Last time they moved one up, we got incompetence. We all need to be very aware of how they do it, and protect ourselves when we think we got the guy, and they spirit him/her away. Make sure the replacement is also very, very, good!

Want to meet your chairperson? Tell you only want to pay union Fees and not Dues.

Under the NLRA, you cannot be required to be a member of a union or pay it any monies as a condition of employment unless the collective bargaining agreement between your employer and your union contains a provision requiring all employees to either join the union or pay union fees.

Even if there is such a provision in the agreement, the most that can be required of you is to pay the union fees (generally called an "agency fee.") Most employees are not told by their employer and union that full union membership cannot lawfully be required. In Pattern Makers v. NLRB, 473 U.S. 95 (1985), the United States Supreme Court held that union members have the right to resign their union membership at any time.

nrtw.org

Want to meet your chairperson? Tell you only want to pay union Fees and not Dues.

Under the NLRA, you cannot be required to be a member of a union or pay it any monies as a condition of employment unless the collective bargaining agreement between your employer and your union contains a provision requiring all employees to either join the union or pay union fees.

Even if there is such a provision in the agreement, the most that can be required of you is to pay the union fees (generally called an "agency fee.") Most employees are not told by their employer and union that full union membership cannot lawfully be required. In Pattern Makers v. NLRB, 473 U.S. 95 (1985), the United States Supreme Court held that union members have the right to resign their union membership at any time.

nrtw.org Where I work you just go to the local bar and golf course, they are all there. Thats where deals are made!!! LOL!!!!!

You got to be kidding right? Ever since I hired in. I haven't seen a commiteeman yet! When I say that. I mean one in the true sense of the word; one that isn't a part company man either! But then again that really is the exception over there when you see a committeeman everyday... I'll be lucky if I see mine once a week! That ain't no joke either!

When I say that. I mean one in the true sense of the word; one that isn't a part company man either!

OK you have me there........but ours aint that bad!

nrtw.org

You can also stay a union member but quit paying "V-CAP" fees each month. The "V" in V-CAP means voluntary not mandatory.

And if the local union has been collecting V-CAP fees from you but cannot provide documentation/proof that you signed up to pay V-CAP you can demand a refund. V-CAP fees are strictly voluntary, you cannot be forced, it is against the law for the union to force you.

I refused to sign a consent form when I was hired and have never paid V-CAP fees because I do not always support the political candidate's the UAW give the V-CAP dollars to.

I did not know that a union member could resign from the union if they lived in a right to work state.

You can also stay a union member but quit paying "V-CAP" fees each month. The "V" in V-CAP means voluntary not mandatory.

And if the local union has been collecting V-CAP fees from you but cannot provide documentation/proof that you signed up to pay V-CAP you can demand a refund. V-CAP fees are strictly voluntary, you cannot be forced, it is against the law for the union to force you.

I refused to sign a consent form when I was hired and have never paid V-CAP fees because I do not always support the political candidate's the UAW give the V-CAP dollars to.

I did not know that a union member could resign from the union if they lived in a right to work state.

Pattern Makers v. NLRB, 473 U.S. 95 (1985) allows ANY WORKER to resign their union, even they their state is NOT right-to-work

I am aware of a few at Rouge

Virginia is R-t-W state, someone at NAP could resign their union AND not pay dues or fees!

AND contractually, the union is obligated to represent these employees (when they are not tied up in AWOLs)

Know anyone willing to try it?

Pattern Makers v. NLRB, 473 U.S. 95 (1985) allows ANY WORKER to resign their union, even they their state is NOT right-to-work

I am aware of a few at Rouge

Virginia is R-t-W state, someone at NAP could resign their union AND not pay dues or fees!

AND contractually, the union is obligated to represent these employees (when they are not tied up in AWOLs)

Know anyone willing to try it?

According to the Feds, you are not obligated to be in a Union even in a State that is not Right to Work. You can opt out of it at any time. There are a few consequences however, and must be considered before doing so. All that is really required is a basic drafted letter sent return request signature required to the Union and the Company. Details are here:

LINK: How to Resign From the Union

There is a link to a sample letter

It really depends on where in the plant you work. I've had production jobs tucked away in the plant where you shouldn't see them. Also, if things run smooth and you don't work with dogdicks, again you should not see them.

As far as the Pres goes, they have stipulations about entering the plant. They work at the Local and cannot enter the plant at will. (IIRC, management and plant chairman can bring them in)

How many times have you seen your local UAW chairman, president or committeemen since elections in May 2005? (not counting pictures in the union newsletter)

the only reason we at sterling see our committeemen every night is because one asshole its to bad everyone always has to pay the price for the chosen fools. copy that sterling worker :angry: