tulsa glass plant files appeal

buckeye4life

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wrote this in the other thread but I'll reply to it here also. If I was thinking of myself, I would just roll over and take my 28.5 years.

I could have got my daughter on as an ACH temp but i opted to send her 2 school! Tomorrow everyone will hopefully be able 2 hear there options and make a educated decision on what is best for them!!! I truly comend you on you :shades: r Vailant effort 2 fight! Although the bottom line is you are way way too late!

JUST 4 SHITS AND GIGGLES,COULD YOU EXPLAIN WHAT YOUR NAME STANDS FOR?

No. :hysterical:

Although the bottom line is you are way way too late!

That is what really bothers me. Why didn't the ACH locals all band together when we were brought together under this enterprise? Maybe they did and that was something else I didn't hear about.

No. :hysterical:

That is what really bothers me. Why didn't the ACH locals all band together when we were brought together under this enterprise? Maybe they did and that was something else I didn't hear about.

maybe the problem is that you are not informed or that you never accepted the writing on the wall in 05. wake up! If you wanted to fight why didnt you do it then!

If no one buys it and Ford really follows through and closes it, or pulls a "Spirit Air" trick (I think Mulally perfected this trick, he was with Boeing at the time, I think)...then we go through the buyouts, retirements, transfers, etc...those that can't do one of these options goes and finds another job or rehires with whomever reopens the plant. :rockon::speedie::woot:

If no one buys it and Ford really follows through and closes it, or pulls a "Spirit Air" trick (I think Mulally perfected this trick, he was with Boeing at the time, I think)...then we go through the buyouts, retirements, transfers, etc...those that can't do one of these options goes and finds another job or rehires with whomever reopens the plant. :rockon::speedie::woot:

Close, but if they do not get an agreement there is no guarantee that Price will buy the plant and keep it open. I don't know if you have ever been through a market test and the 90 day sourcing process, but it isn't a fun thing. What will happen is that they will immediately send a market test then sourcing notice and then you will lose the work to some non-union shop out of state!!! They will source the work to someone other than Mr. Price if they can't get a deal. That is why I keep saying to bodhibkb he needs to think of the entire membership. those that can not move or have too many years and family that do not want to move. The sourcing process is outline in the agreement under Appx P. I am sure if you talk to someone who's plant has been through one, it isn't pretty!! Good Luck and FYI if you do not want to transfer there will be some good offers to stay!!!! Don't take my word, make sure you go to the meeting!!

I don't know if you have ever been through a market test and the 90 day sourcing process, but it isn't a fun thing.

Even if you win a market test, that is no guarantee that you will be kept open or sourced work. ACH Monroe won over half of it's market tests in Sway Bars and Catalytic Converters. We had better price, quality, and processes than our competitors, and guess what? We're still closing. Not only that, we are selling our machinery to the very companies that we beat.

I will be attending the meeting and I'll report back to let everyone know how it went. :stats:

Well, good luck and remember these guys are on your side!! They have to make tough decisions to keep the business going so that we may get back to where we need to be and hopefully we can kick their asses in the future!! It is easy to do nothing, but it takes true leaders to try and make change to make sure we survive to fight another day! Not popular, but necessary right now!! Good luck!! Hang in there!!

what part of "IT'S OVER" do those okies not understand? Sooners,pack it up cuz there's a new land rush in michigan! Oooo but it's cold there! By the way buckeyes suck and the sooners r your only hope! :happy feet: :happy feet:

I would just like to say if I offended anyone with this posting, I apoligize. it was purely a stab at humor. I have been a OKIE for 23 years, my daughter and her mother are both OKIES! I am also a IOWA HICK AND A YANKEE f%$K I GUESS. SOON TO BE SOMETHING ELSE I HOPE! :happy feet: :happy feet: :stirpot: :shades: BY THE WAY THE BUCKEYES STILL SUCK! Not really I will be rooting for them! Always was a big ten man and always will be!

I would just like to say if I offended anyone with this posting, I apoligize. it was purely a stab at humor. I have been a OKIE for 23 years, my daughter and her mother are both OKIES! I am also a IOWA HICK AND A YANKEE f%$K I GUESS. SOON TO BE SOMETHING ELSE I HOPE! :happy feet: :happy feet: :stirpot: :shades: BY THE WAY THE BUCKEYES STILL SUCK! Not really I will be rooting for them! Always was a big ten man and always will be!

I was offended ( by the buckeyes suck comment ) Oh wait a minute were still ranked #1

forget it

big ten all the way :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Captain, what are your thoughts on the appeal, can the plant still be sold while the appeal is ongoing? if the appeal is upheld after a sale what then?

I really do not know what they would be appealing???

Who did they appeal it to?? The International Executive Board?

Did they file NLRB charges?

The MOU agreement?? It was ratified by the members...no appeal!

The sell to Price?? The MOU that the membership voted on allows the plant to be sold.

If anyone has any info feel free to post!! :sos:

• 1 month later...
Chuck mentioned during our Town Hall Meeting that we had filed an appeal and that it was being worked on. But, the Powerpoint Presentation that Ford give had a slide in it that said, "2005 restructuring did away with the 'sale'".

Have the options been explained in detail to the Tulsa Glass Plant employees at this point? I work at Nashville Glass and received the Zelodyne Contract on Saturday. Just curious if your options are the same as ours.