Tulsa Townhall Meeting

Bodhibkb

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ford Motor Company is sending a representative to Tulsa on Thursday to hold a Townhall meeting with the employees. Anyone else having a Townhall meeting at their location? :shades:

Their probally going to tell you dumb Okie Rednecks that your wasting your time and should think about finding a new job or moving where they need you.

Give up the pipedream of staying open and staying Ford.Monroe has faced the facts and now you boys have to.

Their probally going to tell you dumb Okie Rednecks that your wasting your time and should think about finding a new job or moving where they need you.

Give up the pipedream of staying open and staying Ford.Monroe has faced the facts and now you boys have to.

I have to concur ,wake up ,see the light.This sucks guys but it will be my fourth time. I'm well lubed but the bottom line is if you want this wage and bennies , u must move on! These jobs are going to be few and far between as time gone's by!!! :shades:

Ford Motor Company is sending a representative to Tulsa on Thursday to hold a Townhall meeting with the employees. Anyone else having a Townhall meeting at their location? :shades:

Just a thought,but someone needs to stand up at this meeting and say " cut the bull and lay the facts on the table. Buydowns ,transfers,transition periods and retirement packages. UAW and FORD need 2 get there S*%T TOGETHER. WE DON'T NEED ANYMORE SUGAR COATED BULLS*&t! :shades:

No wonder the UAW is in the shape it's in now. Once upon a time, I thought we all stuck together, assembly plants, and parts plants. I don't think there is anything we have said or done to make us "dumb Okie Rednecks" by trying to save our jobs, just like you would have done.

Edited by Fordemployee4life

You guys are fucked!Just face it YOU ARE GOING TO CLOSE!!!!

Your not the first and you won't be the last.There is nothing your going to do about it except cause alot of trouble for the people who want to transfer.

And everybody thinks I'm the asshole! This is a union brother speaking to other union brothers! I thought you guys were supposed to have compassion for each other. Part of the solidarity thing and all. Where the hell is Pumpmaster who is so concerned for the men and women fighting in Iraq and other places? Isn't he supposed to be compassionate for other people? Where are you when your fellow union brothers are facing a crisis in their lives? Their plant is being closed. They are desperate to grab onto any "rumor" that gives them hope.

This is the stuff I don't understand about the union. You guys will back stab each other in every way possible and then claim "solidarity". You have no compassion for your own people and some of you make me sick! I think TheDrunk probably is one! A drunk who deserves nothing!

Maybe that's why the company can pretty much do what they want these days. Even when your international leadership negotiates an agreement, they have to make sure it is sugar coated and we have to give a good "sighning bonus" in order to get the damn thing ratified by the membership. Think about it.

What I would like to see is a representative from Dearborn go down to Tulsa and hold a plant wide meeting informing those people that they are to remain open for the forseable future. That would be awesome!

Then what the fucking problem?Cause it's going to happen.

The problem is they're not doing it yet. They have been saying they were going to close us since 1976, but it ain't happened yet. Ford almost never honors anything they say or sign to, like the 2005 MOA.

:rant:

We are going to fight until the fat lady sings. We're not going to just lay down and take a good f**king. They're going to have to tie us up and forcefully have their way with us. :happy feet:

So I guess no one else is having a Townhall meeting. :shades: :ohsnap:

By the way. Where is your hero Level in all of this? Have you heard one single word of compassion out of him? Has he got on a plane from Jefferson Avenue and flew in to comfort your people? That's because he isn't an international rep. He plays with you like many before him have.

States half truths, then watches as debates begin. I guess Im just not in the mood for this today!

Edited by paris

The problem is they're not doing it yet. They have been saying they were going to close us since 1976, but it ain't happened yet. Ford almost never honors anything they say or sign to, like the 2005 MOA.

:rant:

Monroe has been "closing" since the mid seventies as well. Guess what? Next year it becomes reality.

Face it. Tulsa is in ACH. ACH's existence is to either sell of close all their facilities. If nobody wants to buy your plant, it will close. Either way, you need to be thinking of what you will do when that happens. Stay where you are at and take a buyout, or uproot your family and stay Ford.

Time is running out. Better make up your mind.

Now thats a real show of solidarity " dumb okie rednecks"! You obviously haven't been to, or spent very much time in Oklahoma, but I have. They are not "dumb" by any means! My experience is that they don't "go along just to get along" like many on this board! I wish our local leadership had the balls theirs had, to challenge the "status quo". We have too many local leaders around here trying to suck up for Reps. jobs to protect their own ass rather than fighting for their membership and what is right!

As for the "redneck" part, we have our share of rednecks here in Michigan!

Thank you for your support Spoiler.

Yes, Tulsa Glass is an ACH plant and yes they are suppose to sell or close us by 2008. But Ford and the International made an agreement in 2005 on a MOA that we are trying to make them uphold. They are going to sell us or close us, but we aren't going to make it easy for them. :finger:

And everybody thinks I'm the asshole! This is a union brother speaking to other union brothers! I thought you guys were supposed to have compassion for each other. Part of the solidarity thing and all. Where the hell is Pumpmaster who is so concerned for the men and women fighting in Iraq and other places? Isn't he supposed to be compassionate for other people? Where are you when your fellow union brothers are facing a crisis in their lives? Their plant is being closed. They are desperate to grab onto any "rumor" that gives them hope.

This is the stuff I don't understand about the union. You guys will back stab each other in every way possible and then claim "solidarity". You have no compassion for your own people and some of you make me sick! I think TheDrunk probably is one! A drunk who deserves nothing!

Maybe that's why the company can pretty much do what they want these days. Even when your international leadership negotiates an agreement, they have to make sure it is sugar coated and we have to give a good "sighning bonus" in order to get the damn thing ratified by the membership. Think about it.

What I would like to see is a representative from Dearborn go down to Tulsa and hold a plant wide meeting informing those people that they are to remain open for the forseable future. That would be awesome!

I don't think you're an asshole. I think you're trying to :stirpot: We should have compassion for all people, regardless; whether they belong to the UAW or not. It doesn't matter if the person is working at Wal-Mart, they deserve compassion. And, I suppose belonging to a union will change human nature... like there is no competition among salary people. Human qualities don't change because of pay frequency. You seem bothered by the signing bonus... No one complains about salary's flexible spending accounts. Lose the bitterness it's Christmas.

First of all.....you are an asshole!!!!!

Second of all....if you are anybody who knows anything, then you do know that at the town hall meeting, they will not be telling these members that they will remain open as a Ford plant! You are just :stirpot: . So stop it, you fk! :finger:

Don't pretend to know the UAW or anything about solidarity. :finger: The only thing that you know is how to make your boss a nice cup of coffee!

This is what we think the Ford people will tell us at the townhall meeting:

Ford is in dire financial trouble

Ford intends to get out of the glass business by sale or closure.

Ford is not going to rebuild T-2 (furnace)

Ford will not invest in Glass in the future

Ford will outsource future parts

Here is what we have to say to Ford:

Just do it!!!! Or honor the 2005 MOA you signed. :blah:

First of all.....you are an asshole!!!!!

Second of all....if you are anybody who knows anything, then you do know that at the town hall meeting, they will not be telling these members that they will remain open as a Ford plant! You are just :stirpot: . So stop it, you fk! :finger:

Don't pretend to know the UAW or anything about solidarity. :finger: The only thing that you know is how to make your boss a nice cup of coffee!

K,mon man. You should know better than that. Even secretaries have coffee ordered in these days. Where ya been?

This is what we think the Ford people will tell us at the townhall meeting:

Ford is in dire financial trouble

Ford intends to get out of the glass business by sale or closure.

Ford is not going to rebuild T-2 (furnace)

Ford will not invest in Glass in the future

Ford will outsource future parts

Here is what we have to say to Ford:

Just do it!!!! Or honor the 2005 MOA you signed. :blah:

How many glass plants does Ford have left?