local contract ohap

Jasper

There just fighting over a few things like the company wants mass relief and the union doesn't personally I want mass relief but only if we can compensate the number of lost people through buyouts.
It's the first time that i've ever heard of settling differences by not meeting.I think there's more to it than that.Maybe somebody is facing a moment of truth.

No sign of a local contract yet. Was told that they are not even meeting.Of course we are a b/c short,so maybe that's the reason.Or maybe Nick's waiting for Detroit to do it for him.Personally I don't expect much of anything.MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL.

If your not expecting much, then what's the fucking hurry? Why all the negativity dude, got an axe to grind?

If your not expecting much, then what's the fucking hurry? Why all the negativity dude, got an axe to grind?

Whats the matter Eddy? Gotta back up your boy so he keeps you off the floor? Wanna tell me how you and him convinced Mitch to go back to the line so he could keep you on? How are you guys pulling that one off? Keeping you on the floor and putting a guy who got more votes back to work? We arent expecting much from you cuz were used to how you operate. Whats your famous saying? You only gotta do your job 3 months before the election? Guess March is when youll finally start getting busy. Negativity? People just want reps that will do the job. Right Nick is only representing the company. He needs to remember who he was elected to represent. The membership is pretty sick of Nick and his running mate Joe Lee letting area management walk all over the people and the contract. I'm just waiting for all you fuck ups to start trying to place yourselfs in primo jobs. Thats usually how you losers work things. Oh by the way Merry Xmas!

Whats the matter Eddy? Gotta back up your boy so he keeps you off the floor? Wanna tell me how you and him convinced Mitch to go back to the line so he could keep you on? How are you guys pulling that one off? Keeping you on the floor and putting a guy who got more votes back to work? We arent expecting much from you cuz were used to how you operate. Whats your famous saying? You only gotta do your job 3 months before the election? Guess March is when youll finally start getting busy. Negativity? People just want reps that will do the job. Right Nick is only representing the company. He needs to remember who he was elected to represent. The membership is pretty sick of Nick and his running mate Joe Lee letting area management walk all over the people and the contract. I'm just waiting for all you fuck ups to start trying to place yourselfs in primo jobs. Thats usually how you losers work things. Oh by the way Merry Xmas!

What the fuck is your problem , Mimi?... Nick representing the company is some funny shit. Its also par for the course of what kind of twisted fucking lies that you Irish cronies try stirrin the pot with. Truth is, Nick has done an outstanding job with this Local. Got by far , the BEST COA of any negotiated. Kept the stock jobs. Really, can you fault him for trying to retain tag relief? If your answer is YES, then you are the party siding with the company. Lets just suppose Jerry was Chairman right now, guarentee the relief jobs would be gone already , as well as the absentee relief people. (that's the way he did business on Unit 2, right?) Jerry has also filed suit against our own Local. Has Nick done that?.....NO Jerry couldn't get back the bilevel jobs. Has Nick done that?...YES. Jerry didnt want the former Lorain people to come to OHAP until all the former Unit 2 people were placed, so as to fuck the Lorain folks out of their rightful jobs by seniority. Nick wouldn't allow that. :censored: As far as the Jerry Steak fry on December 8th; does everyone that attended to support Jerry also understand that they were helping to pay for Paul Donovans wedding reception? Just thought I'd ask. To all of our Brothers and Sisters that were formerly from Lorain: Be wary of the Irish poison being spewn. The Pied Piper didn't want you here, now that you are , he is desperately trying to use you. Just hope you see through his bullshit. :redcard::redcard:

LOL :hysterical: Mimi you struck a nerve there! The Pena gang had to interrupt their Christmas dinner on this one! :hysterical: Man what you dudes won't do or what level you won't sink to! :hysterical: You all are so scared that something might go wrong with getting Freddie his buyout package that you'll suck Nicks ass and be his little lapdogs to keep slopping at the trough! Seem to remember when you dudes were spouting that Kenny was the greatest chairman ever! :hysterical: You guys are so pathetic! Sell out the membership and damn the cost as long as you guys (John, Eddy, Freddie and Amy - the do nothing, know nothing gang) don't have to dirty your lily white hands and actually earn your pay! :hysterical: Do you really think the people on the floor don't know what's up? You will lie, steal, twist the truth, screw over the rank and file as long as you all don't have to go back to that scary ole line! That shits alright for the common folks but not Pena gang! You all are just pissing yourselves scared because you all know that Jerry is on to you all. :hysterical: Pathetic dude, pathetic! :hysterical:

Let me first say that I am trying to be fair and without bias, Im glad that you came here to debate. During contrat time it was important to stand together and put aside our differences, but now is the time to pick our leaders!

What the fuck is your problem , Mimi?... Nick representing the company is some funny shit.
Whether it be for the companies benefit or the freinds of the current regime, it is fact that in plant drivers licenses were used as a means of the union to disqualify senior employees from stock jobs and give them an oppertunity to hand pick these people. Ultimately Nick did the right thing and bid the jobs out and got senior qualified people the jobs, but why did it take so long, and why was it fixed? Is it because the company was resisting placement of senior people? Or was it because of mounting political pressure at the local meetings, for a while that was a large topic of discusion at regular meetings?
Truth is, Nick has done an outstanding job with this Local. Got by far , the BEST COA of any negotiated.
And now back to reality, I will not say Nick is not a good negotiator! I will not say that he did not do a good job! I will however say that the absence of another plant ready to immeadiatly take over the production of the E-series and the fact that Avon is the only place in the world that it is built may have had something to do with us getting the best COA. I'm glad that Nick held his ground and we did so well in comparison but, without the product leverage we had at the time the COA was negotiated the company would have given their last, best, and final offer on much worse terms!
Kept the stock jobs. Really, can you fault him for trying to retain tag relief? If your answer is YES, then you are the party siding with the company.
If nick is fighting to retain tag relief jobs than he once again has my support, that along with resisting the further consolidation of trades. It looks like the company swung the Axe the first time at the national level and now are attempiting to finish them off at the local level! I would however expect any and all sitting chairmen to take the position Nick has on retaining jobs, and it will be the things that happen in regular administration of the contract that will decide any future reelection!
Lets just suppose Jerry was Chairman right now, guarentee the relief jobs would be gone already , as well as the absentee relief people. (that's the way he did business on Unit 2, right?)
I have no basis for comparison because I was in Lorain at the time Jerry was in power, but I will say that from talking to OHAP vetrans I get the air that things have never been this bad. Not trying to fear monger but rather give accurate accounting of what I whitnessed without bias. I don't have loyalties with either camp but would rather see the best candidate win the upcoming election! (Donavan, Rowe, Pena, Hall, ar anyone new who may decide to run) The existing members of the local have complained to me about, work loads, job bid proceedure, job placement, Length of time before getting trained to do a new job. I have heard them boast about the way things were before the consolidation, they were proud and things got settled fairly. I don't know what the difference is, is it Lorain people being here that screwed everything up? :D Did the company become more bullish, or has our local used the consolidation to jockey their freinds into position? Who knows it may not even matter after the smoke has cleared with the new product. I imagine that those in power now, or any other alternate sitting chairmen will do the same for us before anyone is allowed to transfer to our plant to backfill from ACH and trades!
Jerry has also filed suit against our own Local. Has Nick done that?.....NO Jerry couldn't get back the bilevel jobs. Has Nick done that?...YES. Jerry didnt want the former Lorain people to come to OHAP until all the former Unit 2 people were placed, so as to fuck the Lorain folks out of their rightful jobs by seniority
This is indefensable, I do not and will not ever support civil action against our union because all matters can be handled internally. If there should have been a suit filed it should have been against the company for not keeping the Escape here as long as promised! The filing of said law suit is the equivilent to a child kicking and screaming, once the Escape went back to K.C. there was no need for a unit 2 executive board. OHAP had a regular election after the escape left and before the consolidation. Those who got elected did so by majority vote lawsuits won't change that fact. Now we are walking into a new election where their is a large independant presence, possible still the majority! Lets just say that if the consolidation had happened before the election your comittee today would look quite different because their was more of us than there was of you! I'm going to play Dick Morris for a min. Some of us are still bitter over the consolidation and those in power will have it rest on their sholders. Some of us have assimilated and have aligned our selves with the current administration. Some of us have aligned our selves with the Donavan camp based on the OHAP veterans accounting of the past. Finally some of us will reject any and all candidates that were here pre consolidation! I just wish we had a primary like in national elections.
As far as the Jerry Steak fry on December 8th; does everyone that attended to support Jerry also understand that they were helping to pay for Paul Donovans wedding reception?e do in goverment elections in order to avoid splitting the vote in the upcoming election!

Can you prove that, or is that politics as usual. I'm not saying it is or is not true but I can see where you would have a motive to spread lies in order to secure votes for your camp! My vision is clear and because of the reasons that I sighted earlier in this post both camps have motive to play politics in order to secure the former 425 vote, if we support our own candidates than it could be an upset for both camps. I hope you and others continue to come here and debate so that the membership can make informed descisions as to who will lead us in the future. Any candidate that doesn't have the testicular fortitude to test their posotions against the will of the membership does not deserve 1 vote. Many of us come here to stay informed, if you want to be elected than I would come here to secure your voter base. Once again I personally will not cast a vote for anyone who hides, if you cannot debate here and I don't know your work personally than I will not vote for you!

Edited by Furious1Auto

I captured this quote from another thread!

I will. Either your grievances are no good, no one likes you, or both.

I'll keep that in mind when it comes time for you to run in the upcoming election Pete, you don't get to choose which grievances you will execute based on whether or not you like the agrieved. This is a derelection of duty! And you were appointed by Nick to cover for Pena as BC after he was fired, WTF! I'm going to copy and paste this to the LorainAssembly/OHAP thread so your brothers can see how you conduct business! He was responding to a member posting this!

nice pic,lol. i thought you work at ford? it appears you are a clown or comedian. i wish everyone would wake up and smell the coffee of this fucking joke of a union and get with the program. has the union ever done anything for you? how many grievances have you gotten paid? ive had zero, none, nil. got 8 of them in 3rd stage dating all the way back to 1997. can you gimme a good explination on that one??
Edited by Furious1Auto

To answer your question'we need something to enforce as it is clear that nothing is being enforced right now. The company does what ever it wants'THAT'S FACT.Coming from Lorain I made a determined effort to find out about as much as I could about O.H.A.P.and especially the union reps.The wheeling and dealing that went on and continues to go on is unreal.Yes there are some good reps here like there were in Lorain, but,there are some real lousy one's also.You seem very defensive.I have read some of your postings in the past ans frankly i'm not impressed by your writings.If anything you bias me AGAINST the administration and that is unfortunate as I would like to make a fair judgement.There is a lot for some union officials to fear,both elected and appointed, and that will be the judgement of the people.

The c.o.a. that was negotiated was crap.Case in point, what's happening to the old administration cafateria?We were supposed to put money into upgrading it.What happened.Now I realize that this is just a small point,but if you can't deliver on small issues why should we expect you to deliver on large issues.Truth is NOTHING gets enforced AND THAT IS MY POINT.In later writings I will discuss things that I have found out for myself as I'm not afraid to go up to whoever and ask them to explain something regardless of who they are.Maybe everyone should start doing that.as for negativity,it's people like you crapkiller0 who get negativity a bad name.HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.

If there should have been a suit filed it should have been against the company for not keeping the Escape here as long as promised!

You raise a good point, Furious1Auto. Now ask yourself the question WHY didn't the International or the Local Union file a lawsuit? Was it because of some sweetheart deal that was made between the International Union and the company? This issue bothered me as well. So I went and investigated and this is what I found. You can find this information also by going to the people involved. As a matter of record, the Local Union Executive Board with one exception and a number of elected officials opposed this membership when it VOTED to hold the elections in accordance with the Local Union Bylaws and the Constitution of the International UAW. The "lawsuit" which was filed in Federal Court, as I recall, was to STOP the union, both local and national, taking away the democratic and constitutional rights of the members of Unit 2 and the membership of Local 2000. The Escape was being made and would continue to be made some months AFTER the election. Yet the membership of Unit 2 were DENIED the right to elect their own representatives for Unit 2. The Federal Court stated categorically that the rights of the membership in Unit 2 and of Local 2000 WERE violated AND acknowledged that the International Union was trying to stonewall the membership. However, the people involved with the suit, trying to do the RIGHT thing withdrew their suit to let the International comply with the court order. Guess what, the International still tried to stonewall and screw over their own people! After about 18 months or so I was told that the Public Review Board of the UAW also said that the International had violated the rights of the people but by then it was too late to do anything. So you see, what I found out (and I read the actual paperwork myself - all I had to do was ask for it) that while the membership is tied to time limits to appeal any ILLEGAL actions of the International Union, the same International Union isn't bound by the same time limits in answering! If the International have the rights that they claim and we aren't supposed to or can't do anything about it then why do we have a Constitution or bylaws? At least those who were involved in taking this action (and they weren't even in office at the time) were prepared and in fact did FIGHT to protect the rights of the membership. As you have stated yourself elsewhere, it appears that no one is fighting for the MEMBERSHIP! Do what I did and ASK to read the actual paperwork. Its very long and dry but very interesting. YOU WILL GET THE TRUTH! Then you will understand why some people are desperate to cover things up! And look at the DATES! This is a scare tactic that some very weak and very scared people are using to try to divide the membership. Why? Because that is the ONLY way they will be able to survive and stay in office is if they DIVIDE the membership and take attention away from THEIR actions and failures.

Quite honestly, I'd like to see the main candidates in a debate at the Union Hall. Then maybe we can get some real answers!

Quite honestly, I'd like to see the main candidates in a debate at the Union Hall. Then maybe we can get some real answers!

That was my union reps Idea but It will never happen, many of the candidates don't have the balls unless it was forced on them. I don't even see them stepping up to debate on this forum where they have plenty of time to refine their rebuttals! I see very few reps who would openly subject their selves to the scrutiny of the membership! If it was to happen and Spring wasn't running than she could moderate the debate! :hysterical: As far as the suit, unit 2 was going to be dispanded and it would have been going through the motions to elect an executive board for them. Well not to mention the unecessary funding it would have taken to pay their wages from the company payroll and our union dues. Don't get me wrong I am not assulting Jerry's charactor because I do think that he is a good man with real concern for the membership, but the suit was nothing but a waste of time for the reasons that you and I have both sighted! Does anyone know who is runing for chairman? Is Nick running again? Is Jerry running against him? I know their is at least one former 425 running. I wounder if Tim Rowe will also attempt to run, sorry Tim but I had to vote for Mike over you. After the last election in Lorain I knew that you would not be able to win against Donavan, Doug Griffith would have faired better and maybe even won over Mike if he had ran for the BC job instead of taking the buyout! He would have gotten my vote!

Edited by Furious1Auto

That was my union reps Idea but It will never happen, many of the candidates don't have the balls unless it was forced on them. I don't even see them stepping up to debate on this forum where they have plenty of time to refine their rebuttles! How do we force it, wright a proposel as to a debate structure and mandate the candidates submit to the debate or withdraw from the race. First the proposel would have to be destributed than a motion made to accpt it, followed by a second then sealed with a majority vote! I see very few reps who would openly subject their selves to the scrutiny of the membership! If it was to happen and Spring wasn't running than she could moderate the debate! :hysterical:

Furious, I absolutely encourage a debate! But there must be formal rules that must be adhered to! LMAO! Too funny! How was your Christmas? Got one child's birthday and Christmas done and have the next birthday this Friday! Never stops! Any resolutions for the New Year?

Furious, I absolutely encourage a debate! But there must be formal rules that must be adhered to! LMAO! Too funny! How was your Christmas? Got one child's birthday and Christmas done and have the next birthday this Friday! Never stops! Any resolutions for the New Year?

You got me Spring, you captured my quote before I modified it. I'm not really trying to force debate on those who seek a chair but rather to say they don't have te balls to debate. You are a stand up gal regardless of anyone's opinion. Christmas was great, we settled the contract and on top of the cash I had stowed away I got $1,800 bonus, $800 personal time, $374 christmas bonus, $1,000 back from an extended warranty that I never wanted, and another $1,900 for some dumb pothead that loads cars onto the trains for us through a contractor because she backed into my pick-up! That's nearly $6,000 on top of the money I had already put back for contract time with the little debt I had, needless t say it has been a very fruitful Christmas. I'm just glad I don't have to shread any more boxes! :hysterical: Hope you and yours faired well, God Bless you all!

Edited by Furious1Auto

Spring,you and Furious are just wishful thinking if you think that any of those who are running for chairman will get into a debate with the exception of maybe Donovan.I have had conversations with all the known candidates for chairman and I encourage you and others to do the same. MY CONVERSATIONS WERE NOT NECESSARILY ABOUT THE ELECTION rather everyday things in general.However it does help you to form an opinion.You will see a lot of garbage( from the usual suspects)on this thread but hopefully we can sift through it all and get some honest information that will help us in our decision making.As for candidates running for chairman,here's what I have heard:Nick Gallogy, Jerry Donovan,Bob Gonzalez and possibly Ken Kruse.I also heard that Tim Rowe is running with Donovan for b/c.If I hear any more I will post it.

Spring,you and Furious are just wishful thinking if you think that any of those who are running for chairman will get into a debate with the exception of maybe Donovan.I have had conversations with all the known candidates for chairman and I encourage you and others to do the same. MY CONVERSATIONS WERE NOT NECESSARILY ABOUT THE ELECTION rather everyday things in general.However it does help you to form an opinion.You will see a lot of garbage( from the usual suspects)on this thread but hopefully we can sift through it all and get some honest information that will help us in our decision making.As for candidates running for chairman,here's what I have heard:Nick Gallogy, Jerry Donovan,Bob Gonzalez and possibly Ken Kruse.I also heard that Tim Rowe is running with Donovan for b/c.If I hear any more I will post it.

It is too easy for candidate to talk out of two sides of their mouth in a one to one conversation just to secure votes. If it buy a vote they will tell you whatever you want to hear if they lack integrity! This forum is transparent, and is the best place aside from a live debate at the hall to make our descisions. What is there to fear debating here, they would all have time to refine their rebuttals before posting an answer. Either way those who I don't know and refuse to engage in debate will not get my vote period! Thanks for the list of announced candidates. I think Rowe running with Jerry will hurt Jerry's campaign because he has lost his last few attempts to get reelected by his own peers within his home plant and the last BC special election at OHAP!

Edited by Furious1Auto

It is too easy for candidate to talk out of two sides of their mouth in a one to one conversation just to secure votes. If it buy a vote thay will tell you whatever you want to hear if they lack integrity! This forum is transparent, and is the best place aside from a live debate at the hall to make our descisions. What is there to fear debating here, they would all have time to refine their rebuttals before posting an answer. Either way those who I don't know anad fefuse to engage in debate will not get my vote period! Thanks for the list of announced candidates. I think Rowe running with Jerry will hurt Jerry's campaign because he has lost his last few attempts to get reelected by his own peers within his home plant and the last BC special election at OHAP!

I agree about candidates telling everyone a different story. You're not going to get a debate in the traditional sense I guess. I kind of like Mr. Donovan and Tim running together. It shows that they want to unite the hourly people as far as I'm concerned. I really don't want this election to be Lorain vs Avon Lake. That's old news. We the people need to decide what the important issues are and put them up here and look for the candidates answers. My issues are job security, fairness in job bids, problems with certain people in management (not sure if they can do anything about that), a good local contract and making the company follow the rules (contract) which they certainly aren't doing now. I also look for answers from the candidates for President, Chairman and BC. Those are the people who will directly affect things.

I agree about candidates telling everyone a different story. You're not going to get a debate in the traditional sense I guess. I kind of like Mr. Donovan and Tim running together. It shows that they want to unite the hourly people as far as I'm concerned. I really don't want this election to be Lorain vs Avon Lake. That's old news. We the people need to decide what the important issues are and put them up here and look for the candidates answers. My issues are job security, fairness in job bids, problems with certain people in management (not sure if they can do anything about that), a good local contract and making the company follow the rules (contract) which they certainly aren't doing now. I also look for answers from the candidates for President, Chairman and BC. Those are the people who will directly affect things.

I agree with the Lorain/Avon battle being old but was trying to sight that there are many ( the Lorain transfered people represent a significant part of our employ) who will not vote for Tim. I don't think that this helps Jerry, esspecially since the Pena's (bucktoothgeek) are attacking Jerry already this just gives them more ammo. It is not a feather in Jerry's cap to run with Tim but rather a wieght for him to carry! I think he would fair much better as an independant based on his pryor record. But then again with so many running for the chair along with those who have not announced their candidacy yet the vote is going to be so split it is going to be very difficult to predict the outcome of this race. I mean even Robert Gonzolas is a viable candidate for the chair and has experience to back his campaign despite bucktoothgeek's (Medusa the seven headed BON account shared by their whole camp) attack on his weeny roasts! May the best man candidate win.

Edited by Furious1Auto

I agree with the Lorain/Avon battle being old but was trying to sight that there are many ( the Lorain transfered people represent a significant part of our employ) who will not vote for Tim. I don't think that this helps Jerry, esspecially since the Pena's (bucktoothgeek) are attacking Jerry already this just gives them more ammo. It is not a feather in Jerry's cap to run with Tim but rather a wieght for him to carry! I think he would fair much better as an independant based on his pryor record. But then again with so many running for the chair along with those who have not announced their candidacy yet the vote is going to be so split it is going to be very difficult to predict the outcome of this race. I mean even Robert Gonzolas is a viable candidate for the chair and has experience to back his campaign despite bucktoothgeek's (Medusa the seven headed BON account shared by their whole camp) attack on his weeny roasts! May the best man candidate win.
Hope that this doesn't turn into a Lorain/Avon battle.If it does we ALL lose.I am sure some candidates will try to make it that type of campaign.In fact I heard some rumblings that one was already trying to do so.As for Donovan/Rowe joining forces all that I have heard is positive.People see it as some trying to unite both plants.Face it auto,good leaders try and unite the people not divide them.Frankly I don't believe that the vote will be split by plant but rather by the number of candidates in any given race.I am not familiar with Robert Gonzalez's experience at this time but I am sure he will be putting it out for our evaluation some time in the future.I believe, as obviously you do that experience is a MUST for the position of chairman. Glad to see that you recognize the Medusa for what it's worth as all it does istake away from what ever issue that is under discussion.Other members who read these threads have the same opinion of the "Medusa"Hopefully everyone will put out their record for our evaluation.In my opinion those that don't can forget about it.

Hope that this doesn't turn into a Lorain/Avon battle.If it does we ALL lose.I am sure some candidates will try to make it that type of campaign.In fact I heard some rumblings that one was already trying to do so.As for Donovan/Rowe joining forces all that I have heard is positive.People see it as some trying to unite both plants.Face it auto,good leaders try and unite the people not divide them.

Ha, ha, ha, that's a good sell, I guess that I will have to reserve judgemet until we know more. I would however like to say that I am not now endorsing any candidate regardless of where they have come from or what dept., I am only a consequences observer who wishes to make an informed descision when it is my turn to vote! I think that you are right about splitting the vote, and right now the ones who are in competition over the same constituants are Galogally, and Donavan they need another candidate to run from the former 425 to even the odds for Gonzalas, but there is still plenty of time for that and if it later looked like it is going to cost them one could drop out of the race. I don't see the infighting on the floor anymore, but I have a feeling that when people vote that the candidates plant of origin will be a factor if they like the job they have done pryor to this election! I also think that if the pre-consilidation 2000 will work together to maintain control! From this aspect the Donavan/Rowe venture is a smart move, but what is the air towards Jerry from where you sit. I have heard good things from certain people but those who came to OHAP with me don't know him. I hope we end up with a totally mixed bag of reps from the president to the alternates as long as they aren't clicky and work together!

Edited by Furious1Auto