2008 4 door Bronco concept

rmc523

Well thats getting old....

well lets say that since we are getting the new 35mpg cafe and it seems gm is going mostly 4cyl even in the camaro (think 1984 3rd generation) and the 4cyl will be in just about evey car including the g8 from pontiac, i am thus sure ford would be doing the same things by using 3 and 4 cyl and maybe a 6 cyl as the top dog, i would think ford would make this with a 4cyl twin force, 2 wheel drive and made out of yet unheard of materials to make the new bronco light weight.

ps. lets have ford make it into a hummer with a v-16 and twin force induction in it!!!! then i will purchase 12,000 of them for $1 each.... and i want it to get 50mpg

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well lets say that since we are getting the new 35mpg cafe and it seems gm is going mostly 4cyl even in the camaro (think 1984 3rd generation) and the 4cyl will be in just about evey car including the g8 from pontiac, i am thus sure ford would be doing the same things by using 3 and 4 cyl and maybe a 6 cyl as the top dog, i would think ford would make this with a 4cyl twin force, 2 wheel drive and made out of yet unheard of materials to make the new bronco light weight.

ps. lets have ford make it into a hummer with a v-16 and twin force induction in it!!!! then i will purchase 12,000 of them for $1 each.... and i want it to get 50mpg

Something like that could work for a new Bronco.

Hey, Ford has $12,000 worth of sales already! Heck, I'll buy at least one! $12,001.....man Ford would be raking the cash in....and they wouldn't lose a penny from the development of the vehicle LOL.

I agree with JimmyL. If they are going to build something like the Bronco concept and have it resemble the early Bronco(of which I have a '71 and '72), and call it Bronco, it damn sure better perform like a "Bronco". That means incredible off-road capabilities and most of all.....A V-8! Sorry for the rant.

You can't get any bigger than a V-6 in the Wrangler Unlimited, or any Wrangler for that matter. But it will scale a wall, and go through nearly anything!

I thought about having the roof ribbing go over the rear doors, but decided I didn't want to. Maybe I'll play with it and make that change.

I think the vertical "ribbing" design would never make it on any production vehicle today only because of aerodynamics. one idea is if there were a Vista-style roof (BAMR) and they integrated extra glass over the ribbing, then they could keep it. except glass adds weight and people would inevitably wonder what the hell the ribbing is for if it serves no practical purpose. LOL

also with CAFE and whatever the heck other regulations California tries to come up with, not to mention $3.50+ gas, I don't think Ford will be itching to come up with more consumer trucks including variations of the Bronco concept... unless this was based on whatever the new Explorer is built on. seems like the only realistic possibility :reading:

I think the vertical "ribbing" design would never make it on any production vehicle today only because of aerodynamics. one idea is if there were a Vista-style roof (BAMR) and they integrated extra glass over the ribbing, then they could keep it. except glass adds weight and people would inevitably wonder what the hell the ribbing is for if it serves no practical purpose. LOL

also with CAFE and whatever the heck other regulations California tries to come up with, not to mention $3.50+ gas, I don't think Ford will be itching to come up with more consumer trucks including variations of the Bronco concept... unless this was based on whatever the new Explorer is built on. seems like the only realistic possibility :reading:

You bring up some good points, I just used the existing concept's roofline, and thus, the ribbing. I too don't think it'd make it to production.

If done using EcoBoost engines, I'm sure Ford could come up with a relatively fuel efficient Bronco.

Edited by rmc523

• 1 year later...

The point is moot. There will be no bronco. This like so many other excellent designs with tremendous appeal killed by bean counting imbeciles with little to no idea what consumers want. The knuckle dragging red-necks over at the full size bronco forum whined about towing capacity...the eco-nerds complained about economy...and the suburbanites balked at it being a two door. So instead of a beautifully styled successor to an automotive icon we get one of the ugliest, gas hogging excuses for a cross-over ever imagined...the Edge. "If you think you hate it now, just wait til you drive it!" And the "new" exploder...whoopie another barge with all the curb appeal of a horse apple.

They better hurry up plans to kill the Ranger. People are liable to think Ford still knows how to build a small truck with those things running around...

FIRST POST!

Edited by leadphinger