OHAP Elections

Spring

And with an MOA you would have made more money and everything would have gone by straight seniority. So your argument is empty. The people would have had a greater say in their work rules and conditions under an MOA. That is how an MOA works. But maybe you are against the hourly people having that much say......

She is right if you were at the top of the ARP you would have made more money. The problem was very few people were at the top of the ARP legally. The company failed to train the people for a variety of reasons, absenteeism, lack of trained trainers, etc. So the result was everybody got to the top of the ARP and most had no clue how to do any job other than their own. So if anyone missed work, and boy did they, the company had to put two people on the job in order to maintain production. Now you made a few cents more per hour , but Ford or any other company can not sustain that kind of problem for long, so you lose when your pant closes or your vehicle goes away and the don't bring you another one. Look at the Ford plants today and see how many still have a MOA. As far as straight seniority, I was standing there the day Jerry told people on the Metal Line that the company had the right to assign within classification. That they could pull the guy from power tools repair that had 45 years seniority and put him on the line hanging doors, if they wanted. As far as the $4.00 an hour difference some folks made, wasn't that because unit 2 had no carpenters and used clean up people to do carpenter work? weren't clean up people also classified as vehicle assembly techs? So we give up a classification, but we satisfy a few cronies, and that's how we administer the contract in good old MOA land. Not that there is anything wrong with that, everybody likes a little pork around Easter.

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bothers and Sisters from Lorain take something into consideration. If they won Grievance to maintain unit two you would have came to available work and lost your classification. All unit two employees would have been placed first everybody from 30 years to 3 or 4 would have taken the jobs you were performing. Basically if you had 20 years of service in Lorain and had a decent job you would have lost it to someone with no time and came to available work in the MOA. If you read there appeal it may not specifically say they tried to stop you from transferring with your job but they do make it clear they wanted the MOA.

I don't see where you come to this conclusion. The Econoline was Unit 1 and the Escape/Mariner was Unit 2. If things had been done properly than Unit 2 would/should have remaned in name sake and wages to forfill Ford's contractual obligation, while the Lorain consolidated people should have transfered with their jobs and have been represented by Unit 1. Then the bid process should have started for the former Unit 2 and the former 425, placing them by seniority! What is it with you Nick supporters insisting that Classifications, and in plant licenses should overide seniority? Here instead of attacking eachother for political gain, do something constructive and attack someone I can support you on. I have been debating over the E-Series/Transit with the moderator (Richard Jensen) against some Ford bashing trolls on another thread. Stand up for something worth while, and use your knowledge to shut these people up. They are attacking our livelyhood in the veiw of the whole world! I'll back you all up there, because it is an issue that affects all of us. Here is the LINK to that thread! You might want to read some ove the previous posts to get cuaght up to speed!

She is right if you were at the top of the ARP you would have made more money. The problem was very few people were at the top of the ARP legally. The company failed to train the people for a variety of reasons, absenteeism, lack of trained trainers, etc. So the result was everybody got to the top of the ARP and most had no clue how to do any job other than their own. So if anyone missed work, and boy did they, the company had to put two people on the job in order to maintain production. Now you made a few cents more per hour , but Ford or any other company can not sustain that kind of problem for long, so you lose when your pant closes or your vehicle goes away and the don't bring you another one. Look at the Ford plants today and see how many still have a MOA. As far as straight seniority, I was standing there the day Jerry told people on the Metal Line that the company had the right to assign within classification. That they could pull the guy from power tools repair that had 45 years seniority and put him on the line hanging doors, if they wanted. As far as the $4.00 an hour difference some folks made, wasn't that because unit 2 had no carpenters and used clean up people to do carpenter work? weren't clean up people also classified as vehicle assembly techs? So we give up a classification, but we satisfy a few cronies, and that's how we administer the contract in good old MOA land. Not that there is anything wrong with that, everybody likes a little pork around Easter.

I totally don't understand you. Out of one side of your mouth you talk about plant viability and doing what needs to be done, while on the other side of your mouth you complain that the management might utilize someone within the same classification to perform work that was vacant due to absenteeism. You cant have it both ways, our plant cannot be shutting down over trivial labor disputes. We get paid to build vans, not to demand to escape work. Yes it is sh-tty to be forced to proform work we are not accustomed to. Yes it sucks to have to do a job knowing it is only being forced on us because some of our brethren have sorry work ethics, and don't have sense or the will to come to work. But this is what we do, we are autoworkers. We build automobiles, and the company does have the right to assign and will if it has to be done to move the line. I can see your point if there is a lower seniority extra to fill the job and you are being forced, but I'm sure no senior employee would keep quiet and let that sh-t happen. What 45 year tool repair guy was forced to hang doors? That doesn't even make sense, because those two jobs are in two different classifications!

Edited by Furious1Auto

The only thing I've discovered reading the OHAP threads is that we have too many illiterate people that are computer literate. To summarize what I've gotten in thirteen pages of whining is that half the posters think Jerry was worthless, half the posters think Nick is worthless, and that both are only interested in the job so that they can cut hogs for their friends and family. Let's not forget Robert... he just doesn't have any experience.

Now don't get me wrong, there are a few posters who's opinions I respect. However, there's a lot of crap being brought up from the consolidation that just simply doesn't matter anymore. What's done is done. I wasn't here for it; I didn't go through it; And honestly, I don't give a shit about it. I want the guy that's most capable of helping to secure my future and all you can do is bitch about who's cutting hogs. If this thread is any indication, with the options I have, I'm screwed.

Anybody care to start looking forward instead of looking backward?!?

The only thing I've discovered reading the OHAP threads is that we have too many illiterate people that are computer literate. To summarize what I've gotten in thirteen pages of whining is that half the posters think Jerry was worthless, half the posters think Nick is worthless, and that both are only interested in the job so that they can cut hogs for their friends and family. Let's not forget Robert... he just doesn't have any experience.

Now don't get me wrong, there are a few posters who's opinions I respect. However, there's a lot of crap being brought up from the consolidation that just simply doesn't matter anymore. What's done is done. I wasn't here for it; I didn't go through it; And honestly, I don't give a shit about it. I want the guy that's most capable of helping to secure my future and all you can do is bitch about who's cutting hogs. If this thread is any indication, with the options I have, I'm screwed.

While I agree 100%, it is necessary to know who did what and what their motives are in order to determine who is the best candidate to vote for. I also want the best man for the job, and based on what I have learned it is easy to see who not to vote for! Too much politics and too little focus on quality, I'd rather argue over what foreman allows defects to escape their area. And why group leaders continually repair and call out the same repairs daily WTF. Can't these managers trace down defects and see to it they are not reoccuring! If there is a design problem why is it not addressed. If there is a process problem why is it not addressed, the same bullsh-t day in and day out and these f-cking foreman are putting our jobs at risk everytime a defect is not addressed! I went to a local Ford dealer just cruising and climbed under a van to see if there was evidence that I built it, so I could proudly tell my children I did. When I did I found evidence alright, day shift let a defect go on my job. I know because what I found would never have left my area on my shift, I would have stopped the line until it was fixed. The managements condecention makes me want to choke'em (not all). They have the nerve to point the fingers at us while they are f-cking worthless! Joe Lee and the management up north have the whilingness to do what needs to be done, and the lower management think it's a fricken popularity contest on the floor forming their own clicks! That is the one thing I liked about the MOA I never worked under, I was told the group leaders could be voted out when they started acting like management. Now they are doing part of the job the foreman that were reduced out use to do, along with the (eliminated) floor guys duties. Also I don't know how many times I have seen group leaders conspiring with the foreman during rebalance, helping them to set up jobs and add work to people they like the least! We need to be able to vote out the group leaders, and they need more pay to make it worth it to face the scrutiny! Continual improvement in process, and quality improvement is the only thing that will give any of us job security. We are doing great companywide but we all know first hand what we are lacking, and what needs fixed. Here is a LINK to what it takes to keep OHAP open! You will see the E-Series mentioned in the Link now how can we improve, we all know the answer! Here is another LINK to what is possible! Ford passes Toyota and Honda in intial quality!

Edited by Furious1Auto

I totally don't understand you. Out of one side of your mouth you talk about plant viability and doing what needs to be done, while on the other side of your mouth you complain that the management might utilize someone within the same classification to perform work that was vacant due to absenteeism. You cant have it both ways, our plant cannot be shutting down over trivial labor disputes. We get paid to build vans, not to demand to escape work. Yes it is sh-tty to be forced to proform work we are not accustomed to. Yes it sucks to have to do a job knowing it is only being forced on us because some of our brethren have sorry work ethics, and don't have sense or the will to come to work. But this is what we do, we are autoworkers. We build automobiles, and the company does have the right to assign and will if it has to be done to move the line. I can see your point if there is a lower seniority extra to fill the job and you are being forced, but I'm sure no senior employee would keep quiet and let that sh-t happen. What 45 year tool repair guy was forced to hang doors? That doesn't even make sense, because those two jobs are in two different classifications!

The point is they were using two people to do the work of one. Not occasionally every time someone missed work. Now I'm sure that most people don't mind doing half a job, but I don't think that we are going to survive as a plant long if we have to double our labor expense every time someone misses work. As for the toolmaker, under the MOA there was no tool maker classification, or carpenter, or tinsmith, or cleaner classifications. Everyone was a vehicle assembly technician or a team leader. If you do not think that those with less seniority were given prime jobs you need to ask about upgraders, or the SPC people. Those are just tow that I can think of where management assigned people to the job based on "qualifications". Grievances were requested from the union reps, but "management has the right to assign within classification"," there is no pay difference so there is no grievance" . Get the idea??

Anyway this is a pointless conversation. There is no way Ford will ever go back to a MOA type of an agreement. The current national and local contracts satisfy the need to have trained people for certain classifications, G.U., Repair general, etc. and don't cost an arm and a leg to manage. We still ahve problems but, from everything I hear the problems revolve around how the contract is interpreted on the floor.

That is the one thing I liked about the MOA I never worked under, I was told the group leaders could be voted out when they started acting like management. Now they are doing part of the job the foreman that were reduced out use to do, along with the (eliminated) floor guys duties. Also I don't know how many times I have seen group leaders conspiring with the foreman during rebalance, helping them to set up jobs and add work to people they like the least! We need to be able to vote out the group leaders, and they need more pay to make it worth it to face the scrutiny! Continual improvement in process, and quality improvement is the only thing that will give any of us job security. We are doing great companywide but we all know first hand what we are lacking, and what needs fixed. Here is a LINK to what it takes to keep OHAP open! You will see the E-Series mentioned in the Link now how can we improve, we all know the answer! Here is another LINK to what is possible! Ford passes Toyota and Honda in intial quality!

When the villager system first opened you could vote on team leaders. Some teams had a new one once a month. In later contracts the team leader job became a bid job. There was a system for the removal of the team leader that called on the union and company to somehow agree to remove the group leader. I never heard of one being removed. Even if they were removed the job would still go up for bid.

When the villager system first opened you could vote on team leaders. Some teams had a new one once a month. In later contracts the team leader job became a bid job. There was a system for the removal of the team leader that called on the union and company to somehow agree to remove the group leader. I never heard of one being removed. Even if they were removed the job would still go up for bid.

Bidding is the way they should be filled, but it should not take a presidential impeachment process to remove them. I was a fill in group leader in Lorain for a few months before we came over and I never, I mean never consired with the management against any production worker. If I knew they were looking to burn one of my guys/gals I gave them a heads up. Just because I had a radio on my sholder did not mean I lost my rights as a union member, the advantage I had was, that I could call my own committeeman if needed. It makes me sick how many I see under the desk of the foremen at the expense of the laborpool. Yes I had a couple of constant pain in the a-s assemblers in my area, but I would call whoever I had to to try and keep heat off of them. In the end if the management wanted to burn someone it would not be because I aided in the action! If they had defects leaving the point of origin, they should be smart enough to figure out who's job it came from and deal with it without asking me to point fingers. I also never made any suggestion as to where work should be distributed to!

If you read other posts on blueoval you may have read how our kids in America fail miserably at history. How scary it is because our history (looking backward) really does and can affect our future! It is essential in many fields live government, law, medical ... It is important to look back and see what we did right and maybe what we should have done differently. Back years ago in Lorain we had a passenger side to the plant were we built T-Birds and Cugars and the Econoline side that you know today. Many of you that were there can tell everyone that we were being threatened by the loose of the passenger side to our plant. We did everything we could to save it! Our quality was fantastic we worked our tails off to build the best in class car possible. We still lost it to another state. In this day and this game we play.... "everything" counts! If you want to be one of the few standing assembly plants left at Ford you better say yes sir and no sir to Ford and international (when the time is called for it).... you better have a union that negotiates and communicates (at all times keeps their cool and remains professional)..... you better build the best quality possible (everyday)..... and costs better be in control (period)...... there is much more of coarse but you get the picture. Any bad vibes up north by Ford or the international could be very bad new for us. Look backward your decisions in the future may be effected. Lets not make the same mistakes!

If you read other posts on blueoval you may have read how our kids in America fail miserably at history. How scary it is because our history (looking backward) really does and can affect our future! It is essential in many fields live government, law, medical ... It is important to look back and see what we did right and maybe what we should have done differently. Back years ago in Lorain we had a passenger side to the plant were we built T-Birds and Cugars and the Econoline side that you know today. Many of you that were there can tell everyone that we were being threatened by the loose of the passenger side to our plant. We did everything we could to save it! Our quality was fantastic we worked our tails off to build the best in class car possible. We still lost it to another state. In this day and this game we play.... "everything" counts! If you want to be one of the few standing assembly plants left at Ford you better say yes sir and no sir to Ford and international (when the time is called for it).... you better have a union that negotiates and communicates (at all times keeps their cool and remains professional)..... you better build the best quality possible (everyday)..... and costs better be in control (period)...... there is much more of coarse but you get the picture. Any bad vibes up north by Ford or the international could be very bad new for us. Look backward your decisions in the future may be effected. Lets not make the same mistakes!

You need to remember to hit spell check too. Oh wait...right spelling, WRONG WORDS!

Edited by jester13

I agree to an extent! Being plyable, and being submissive are two totally different things! Communicating and working together is the key! One area we cannot afford to compromise in is quality. Again I had a foreman tell me to pull the green cord for quality issues, so he can rest easy and B.S. with his buddies with no accountibility. I told him to call his boss and we can discuss why he thinks he has authority to undermind Joe Lee's authority! There is a 3 job 4 min. lead time from the time that the yellow cord is pulled till the time it shuts down the line, if they are doing their job than the problem will be addressed without the line shutting down. As per Joe lee's bulletin we are to pull the yellow cord for ALL quality issues that we identify. That means it does not have to origionate from your job. This must be done to insure defects do not leave your area or the area that they are identified in, let alone the plant. I will not let one defect leave my area without being addressed! We use to paint defects with paint sticks so the repairman would find them, now we are not allowed to mark the defects with paint. They use to ride with travel tickets to convey problems to the repairman, now there are no travel tickets. The error proofing was a pain in the a-s at first but it is effective in conveying problems to the repairman, but what about damaged/defective parts that the error proofing can't catch such as broken plugs, broken wires, or even incomplete opperations. They have to be caught by us and fixed in station. The group leaders do log them but what good is that when the logs are not collected, or even looked at. Are these the defects that get out of the plant and potentially lose us customers? Now if there was a uticor type moitor in the repair station linked to all of the corrosponding teams ( petastool group leaders to the petastool repairman, inverted group leader to inverted line and so on) than that would solve the problem. For instance instead of a log book, if the group leaders had a P.C. linked to the repairmans uticor they could enter the defect into the system with it's corosponding rotation number, then when the job hit the repair station the uticor displayed the defect ( that the group leaders reported via P.C. ) than it would more effectively alert the repairman that a defect exists. Log books are ineffective. Also if there was the same type of P.C. in the repair station Linked with the garage's uticor, than the repairman could alert the garage in the same manor about repairs that the repairman has identified on his own, or from the group leaders that he does not have the tools or time to repair! This product is our livelyhood, and it is time we take quality seriously to secure our futures.

Edited by Furious1Auto

I agree to an extent! Being plyable, and being submissive are two totally different things! Communicating and working together is the key! One area we cannot afford to compromise in is quality. Again I had a foreman tell me to pull the green cord for quality issues, so he can rest easy and B.S. with his buddies with no accountibility. I told him to call his boss and we can discuss why he thinks he has authority to undermind Joe Lee's authority! There is a 3 job 4 min. lead time from the time that the yellow cord is pulled till the time it shuts down the line, if they are doing their job than the problem will be addressed without the line shutting down. As per Joe lee's bulletin we are to pull the yellow cord for ALL quality issues that we identify. That means it does not have to origionate from your job. This must be done to insure defects do not leave your area or the area that they are identified in, let alone the plant. I will not let one defect leave my area without being addressed! We use to paint defects with paint sticks so the repairman would find them, now we are not allowed to mark the defects with paint. They use to ride with travel tickets to convey problems to the repairman, now there are no travel tickets. The error proofing was a pain in the a-s at first but it is effective in conveying problems to the repairman, but what about damaged/defective parts that the error proofing can't catch such as broken plugs, broken wires, or even incomplete opperations. They have to be caught by us and fixed in station. The group leaders do log them but what good is that when the logs are not collected, or even looked at. Are these the defects that get out of the plant and potentially lose us customers? Now if there was a uticor type moitor in the repair station linked to all of the corrosponding teams ( petastool group leaders to the petastool repairman, inverted group leader to inverted line and so on) than that would solve the problem. For instance instead of a log book, if the group leaders had a P.C. linked to the repairmans uticor they could enter the defect into the system with it's corosponding rotation number, then when the job hit the repair station the uticor displayed the defect ( that the group leaders reported via P.C. ) than it would more effectively alert the repairman that a defect exists. Log books are ineffective. Also if there was the same type of P.C. in the repair station Linked with the garage's uticor, than the repairman could alert the garage in the same manor about repairs that the repairman has identified on his own, or from the group leaders that he does not have the tools or time to repair! This product is our livelyhood, and it is time we take quality seriously to secure our futures.

Is it true that mostly Roberto and Nic backers won the spots on the election commitee?

Has anyone heard the results of the election committee election?

The Election Committee results are as follows:

Brenda Davis

Tommie Thacker

Michael Cruz

Rick Boyce

Joe N. Chaney, Jr.

Janice M. Williams

Yvvette English

Arlene Spurlock

Tammy Gibson

Thank you to all who braved the weather and came out!

The Election Committee results are as follows:

Brenda Davis

Tommie Thacker

Michael Cruz

Rick Boyce

Joe N. Chaney, Jr.

Janice M. Williams

Yvvette English

Arlene Spurlock

Tammy Gibson

Thank you to all who braved the weather and came out!

Thanks Spring.Like most others I was busy digging out.There was a good bit of complaining in the plant Friday about the politicians putting out tickets supporting some candidates.People were saying that the election committee should be neutral.A number of candidates said that the only endorsment that they wanted from anyone was their vote in the election.Congratulations to all the successful candidates.I got a call from someone who was at the meeting and they said that Pete Kitts and Tom Rowe are running for bargaining committee with Robert Gonzalez.That means that you have an all Lorain group running for chairman and bargaining committee.This election is definately going to get intresting.

General Membership Meeting

March 9, 2008

Southview High School

Call to Order

Presentation of Agenda

Pledge of Allegiance

Prayer

Roll Call of Officers:

NOT present

Joe Hribar (vacation)

Ted Williams (death in family)

Garry Martin

Jim Souris (asked to be excused)

Bill Samples

Greg Arsenault

Robert Majjasie (asked to be excused)

Bob Vieta (vacation)

Linda Hall (asked to be excused)

Reading of Minutes of previous minutes – accepted

Financial Report – accepted

Recommendations of Executive Board to the Membership

1. To donate $250.00 to the Lorain County Cancer Society – passed

2. To change the May membership meeting from May 11th to May 18th due to Mother’s Day – passed

3. To pay all necessary expenses related to the upcoming election and run-off (if necessary) – passed

4. To pay Ron Bills 40 hours for the down week – passed. (Note: The company has agreed to pay Ron Bills for the down week)

5. To hold the general election from 12:00 noon until 12:00 noon rather than from midnight to midnight – passed

6. To put children’s changing tables in all bathrooms at the union hall – passed

7. To donate $200.00 to Vet Aid National – passed

8. To send 2 people to SPAN Ohio’s annual conference – this is for Health Care for all Ohioans – passed

9. To send 4 people to the 32nd annual UAW Women’s Conference June 8th through the 13th – passed

10. To send 4 people to the Great Lakes Labor Council annual luncheon on April 11th – passed

11. To send 2 people to the __?____ Latino Conference - passed

12. To purchase 10 tickets to the American Red Cross Extravaganza – passed

13. To purchase 6 tickets, not to exceed $300.00, to the 3rd annual Fiesta de Luz at Jacobs Field – passed

Reports:

President’s Report:

The next paid holiday is Good Friday, March 21st and Holy Monday, March 24, 2008.

Paychecks may be picked up Thursday along with the performance bonus checks.

We have a down week starting today. Other locations (Brookpark, Chicago and Louisville) are losing a shift.

The strike fund is at over $871 million with 24 locations on strike.

Regina Aarons, Ida Hess, Jeff Whidden, Tim Youngless, Dave Aarons, Scott (last name?) and Mary Springowski are serving as tellers.

With the Primary Elections for President, many candidates getting on the health care bandwagon. It is estimated that the company would save $1,150.00 per vehicle on health care with Universal Health Care. Doubtful that the savings would be passed on to the consumer.

Doug Fraser, former UAW President from 1971-1983 passed away recently. He brought the UAW through some of it’s toughest times.

The open window for packages will end March 18th and will not be extended.

Chairman’s Report:

The order bank is at 12,551. We are on 8 hours until August. There is no downtime scheduled at this time. There are no Saturdays scheduled at this time. This is all subject to change. This is all due to slow sales. Nick surmised that its tax season and many companies don’t want to order at this time. In addition, Dana Axle is trying to make up the difference resulting from the American Axle strike.

RTBU’s – 31 are returning from Sandusky, 4 from Brookpark. They are scheduled to arrive on March 17th. There will be none going to Walton Hills.

March 18th is the last day for packages. 89 have signed up so far with 23 in Skilled Trades.

Chuck McCarthy is our new Human Resources Manager.

March of Dimes collection will be March 31st.

Friday night, Herk? was plowing the snow but doesn’t have a contract. There are 4 companies that have bid on the clean up. Premier is in at Brookpark but there are no guarantees. We are looking at having a new vending company take over the cafeteria. Possibly in the next 30 days we will have a new vendor.

Nurses Report:

None

Veteran’s Report:

3 weeks ago the Veteran’s Committee passed out clothes to over 117 people at the Brunswick VA Hospital. Lavelle Henderson (#3 person in charge) sent the local plaques of commendation from the hospital in recognition of generosity of the people of Local 2000. There were a record number of female veterans assisted this year. The Veteran’s Committee has donated $250.00 to the Women’s Committee for their Wicks? For Kids collection.

Clyde Hescox thanked the Local for sending him to Black Lake and encouraged other members to take advantage of any opportunity to go there.

Yvvette English thanked the Local for sending her, Janice Williams, Angee Amstutz and Curtis Flowers to the CBTU conference.

John Hunter thanked the membership for their support of his mayoral election and pledged to do whatever he could to help the members of Local 2000.

Tim Donovan asked for approval of appointed tellers – passed.

Good and Welfare – nothing

½ hour shop problems – nothing

Motion to pay all outstanding bills – passed

Unfinished business – nothing

Motion to adjourn – passed.

**Please note: These are not the official notes of the union meeting. These are only the personal notes of the author. These notes are in no way authorized, recognized or sanctioned by the Union, Ford Motor Company or any of their agents. Respectfully submitted by Mary Springowski

Thanks Spring.Like most others I was busy digging out.There was a good bit of complaining in the plant Friday about the politicians putting out tickets supporting some candidates.People were saying that the election committee should be neutral.A number of candidates said that the only endorsment that they wanted from anyone was their vote in the election.Congratulations to all the successful candidates.I got a call from someone who was at the meeting and they said that Pete Kitts and Tom Rowe are running for bargaining committee with Robert Gonzalez.That means that you have an all Lorain group running for chairman and bargaining committee.This election is definately going to get intresting.

I'm starting to see the same thing. I don't know too much about the politics with the OHAP folks but I can tell you about the 425 politics. Look at what happened to us! WE CLOSED! That should tell you pretty much all you need to know! Ask some of the people that were forced over to 425 how they were treated! Ask them what Tom Rowe said to them! Ask them about Pete Kitts. I couldn't believe some of what I saw and I was always at 425! Don't make the same mistake we made! Sandusky is gone. Lorain is gone. Brookpark isn't looking too good. Robert was health and safety. He didn't do anything with the contract! Just like I'm asking original OHAP people about the people running, OHAP people need to ask about the 425 people running!

I'm starting to see the same thing. I don't know too much about the politics with the OHAP folks but I can tell you about the 425 politics. Look at what happened to us! WE CLOSED! That should tell you pretty much all you need to know! Ask some of the people that were forced over to 425 how they were treated! Ask them what Tom Rowe said to them! Ask them about Pete Kitts. I couldn't believe some of what I saw and I was always at 425! Don't make the same mistake we made! Sandusky is gone. Lorain is gone. Brookpark isn't looking too good. Robert was health and safety. He didn't do anything with the contract! Just like I'm asking original OHAP people about the people running, OHAP people need to ask about the 425 people running!

Forget the Fear mongering for a min. Tom Rowe did not close Lorain, he was mearly a district committeeman and a damn good on at that. I will vote for him and not based on his plant of origin, but rather because he was good at his job. I don't know what you are refering to when it comes to something he said to a temporary Avon transfer, but I know his record. He fought for me when it came to standards. He also checked a manager during rebalance when they tried to pull a fast one by altering my PECK sheet. And he also gets grievences settled in a timely manor so the aggreived can have the pay they are due. Him and Michael Donovan are the start of a good team in my mind. Now on to the National level, All that were in the regular meeting need to take what Tim Donovan said about state Health Care coverage very seriously. There is no guarantee that the VEBA will be self sustaining in the future, this means guys who retire 15 or 20 years from now could potentially carry much of the burden for the then struggling VEBA. Not saying it will fail but it is better if we secure it. I was given this pamphlet by a freind who attended the meeting. The UAW wants to help remove the for profit insurance companies from the equation to reduce the burden of medical premiums on individuals and employers. Tim was wrong, the savings will go to the contributers because the fund will opperate like a non-profit, and only 5% of the programs gross funding can be used for the purposes of administration of the program! Here is a LINK to what I discovered! It is very important for our security that we get people to sign these petitions to get it on the ballot, and explain to people it is better than the Clinton/Obama plans where they want to mandate you buy insurance from an insurance provider. Even if a Democrate gets elected we need this legislation in place to cut out the extorting middle man! (the insurers) This is going to be a tough battle it is the UAW VS. the insurance companies, pharmecutical suppliers, and local doctors. All we have to do is get the necessary signatures to get it on the ballot, the people of this state will pass it. stand up and take the petitions to your local churches when you attend on Sundays. Tim Donovan has them, all you have to do is ask for them. Time is of the essence we have to get the signatures before the election date to get it on the ballot! Here is a printable LINK to the language in the Health Care for All Ohioans ACT! It is also listed in the signature at the bottum of all of my posts. If you see any of my post all you have to do is click on it to read the language! I like to think my ideas about health care affected the forming of this bill because it parrots my plan, except it covers those who don't contribute. I have created about 3 or 4 different threads on this topic while I have posted references to it on hundreds of threads. And I presented it to the I-Rep I was debating with during contract time. Here is a LINK to just one of the threads I created on this topic! One man and his PC can make a difference. Wait till people realize the power of the net, when it comes to taking back control of an elected government. We were not able to select the best nominee for president this time around, but the internet lobby is growing and in the future will decide who makes it to the final run for the white house! At this point it seems the mainstream media still has too much control over what people see and hear!

Edited by Furious1Auto

Is it true that mostly Roberto and Nic backers won the spots on the election commitee?

Yes its true Robert Gonzalez's Ticket for election committee won 5 spots out of 9

1. Brenda Davis

2. Tommie Thacker

3. Michael Cruz

5. Joe Chaney Jr

9. Tammy Gibson

Nick Ticket Won 2 spots out of 9

Janice Williams

Yvvette Engish

Jerry Donovan did not get anyone elected

THIS ELECTION WILL GET INTERESTING

this a Donovan run site and all I see is that Robert Gonzalez Has no experience I've Done A lot of checking on Robert Gonzalez

this is a good man he was elected to commtteeman 3 times 1990, 1993 and 1996 in 1996 Robert Gonzalez was appionted to Health & Safety and was on the local contract Negotiations team in 1996, 1999, and in 2003 which they rolled over the 1999 contract because the plant was closing that was a smart move. also Tom Bazley was also on the Negotiations team, also found out that Robert Gonzalez has been on plants emergency respond team for over ten years, Robert Gonzalez Help Region 2B in organizing Drives of non union plants in Lorain, Cleveland ares most of this information was on his Letter Robert Gonzalez has Experience

The group that gave Lorain such a bad name up north was not the group here at OHAP that you are looking at today. Thank goodness! Our chairman (or president) at the time was a "hell raiser" someone who always wanted to make a point and put on a show. Tim Rowe was the opposite he did a good job at Lorain. It is very interesting that he would even consider to run with Jerry Donovan because he is exactly what Tim fought against for so long. Tom Rowe was our bargaining rep. for some time and he was very good! He is very knowledgeable and a good person. He has a good head on his shoulders and he keeps his cool. He is a good negotiator and I think he would be a great asset to Avon. Pete Kitts was also a good bargaining rep. Ask them who they would like to work with and they will tell you who they don't want to work with for sure! Pete dropped off the Donovan ticket earlier because of the hog cutting and B.S. that he was trying to pull. Tom and Pete always did what they thought was best for the plant not their friends. Another good bargaining rep. is from OHAP. Bruce Yates would work great with these two. He has the same beliefs and is fighting for the same purposes. Just a l itttle info... every person from Lorain who is running this election has asked Bruce to run with them at one point or another. AS for chairman... Nick or Roberto would be a much better choice for securing a good future here at Avon...then with Donovan!

Yes its true Robert Gonzalez's Ticket for election committee won 5 spots out of 9

1. Brenda Davis

2. Tommie Thacker

3. Michael Cruz

5. Joe Chaney Jr

9. Tammy Gibson

Janice Williams

Yvvette Engish

this a Donovan run site and all I see is that Robert Gonzalez Has no experience I've Done A lot of checking on Robert Gonzalez

this is a good man he was elected to commtteeman 3 times 1990, 1993 and 1996 in 1996 Robert Gonzalez was appionted to Health & Safety and was on the local contract Negotiations team in 1996, 1999, and in 2003 which they rolled over the 1999 contract because the plant was closing that was a smart move. also Tom Bazley was also on the Negotiations team, also found out that Robert Gonzalez has been on plants emergency respond team for over ten years, Robert Gonzalez Help Region 2B in organizing Drives of non union plants in Lorain, Cleveland ares most of this information was on his Letter Robert Gonzalez has Experience

Iwould suggest that you talk to Tim Rowe who you speak highly of in regards to Robert Gonzalez.I have, and he told me that Robert Gonzalez has NEVER negotiated a contract contrary to his claim that he did.

I know that he signed it BUT it was as a courtsey that Tim allowed him to do so.We had quite a few brothers and sisters from Lorain who helped hand out leaflets when the region was on orgainsational drives also many brothers and sisters from other locals including local 2000.The Solidarity team{to the best of my knowledge} did not put out a ticket of endorsment in the election for the election committee.Most people in the plant said that the election committee is supposed to be neutral and should not have political groups endorsing them.

1. Brenda Davis

2. Tommie Thacker

3. Michael Cruz

5. Joe Chaney Jr

9. Tammy Gibson

Janice Williams

Yvvette Engish

Actually Mike Cruz and Brenda Davis were nominated by Jerry's team

Most people in the plant said that the election committee is supposed to be neutral and should not have political groups endorsing them.

I would have to agree, If a party endorsed certain candidates for the election committee and they were elected to the elections committee, then if that endorsing party got elected accusations of riging the election would run rampid! I think a by-laws change is in order as pertaining to the election of the elections committee, to prevent this from happening again. It should read "If any candidate running for the district executive board or any sub-committee's subject to the election process is known to be openly endorsing, or distributing materials to endorse candidates for the elections comittee their candidacy will be involentarily be suspended for the insueing election term!" This should eliminate future accusations of bias on the part of the elections committee! It is obviously a problem for some, because I keep hearing peoples complaints about the endorsements blowing in the wind! Tickets for the elections committee, come on what next. Will they be handing out T-Shirts and holding steak frys. Not to devalue or discredit their duties, but all they do is verify that only members vote, and then count the votes!

Actually Mike Cruz and Brenda Davis were nominated by Jerry's team

Nominating a candidate, and campaigning for them is all together different!

Edited by Furious1Auto