OHAP Elections

Spring

Participate in what?! This? Pass. Besides I've been a bit busy! Campaigning on my OWN time! Ratondaline, what did you need to know?

Whats the word on new body shop? I have had maintenance guys say money is there and been allocated. What do you know?? Why is this info so secret? Perhaps this is an election ploy or do we the membership recieve word last minute. Fridays letter from Yates claimed he was instrumental on the negotiations that included a new body shop. We have all heard this new body shop thing from the signing of the contract, but what is reality and what u know??? I am sure a whole bunch of people will claim their part in securing body shop, but we know this can be election ploy.

The membership would like to know. :stirpot:

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lemme ask a question here. Whats up with this guy Pischone? There was a unsigned trash letter that was floating around and rumor had it that he was one of the guys that wrote it. He came around campaning and I asked him about it and if he wrote it and if he did why didn't he sign it and he said it was a free county and that if he didn't want to sign the letter he didn't have to. I don't know why he would say that but I was waring one of his shirts and maybe he thought I was voting for him. I was thinking about it but not now. I told him that people didn't like unsigned letters and don't believe them and he said that it didn't matter that most people don't like unsigned letters because there might be a few who believed it. He was talking about other peoples letters and he said that I and I quote needed to remember that we weren't dealing with rocket scientists with these people I guess he meant the union people and then he said that he was gonna get them the other people running anyway he could and that politics is politics. I been asking around about this guy and I gotta ask how anybody from local 2000 could have ever voted for him. I don't remember him being elected at Lorain but he said he was. Whatever. This guy is just whacked.

Bear with me, this typing is all new to me. I spoke with Piscione thursday evening while he was gathering votes. I read ur questions on who he was last week and was curious myself. So I throw out my bait and reel in his fish. From what I collected out of his mouth is this,....He hired in Lorained in mid 70's, was a represenative of 425. He got fired cuz of the union of course. Job was in lingo and he became a police officer, for ten years. Said he hired back in lorain and fought transfer to avon for awhile and after few lawsuits he got to come over to 58 side in Avon. He then went to 54 side and was elected into various union positions. Got fired again, and again. Always was unions fault he got fired. You research that info and see what u come up with. Said he was BC on the 54 side. I kept getting loaded with his accident with a deer and his harley. He confirmed with me he is disabled american from his "harley wreck with deer",....like at least 40 tx he stated this. I took him off to his service record and received mumble jumble. I imformed him on the monies I directly gave my heart to collecting, and the number of bricks i sold for the Lorain County Vietnam Veterns Memorial. Lots of quietness then, and back to deer story on his Harley. Says he supports Nick all the way and he can improve our union structure. Also told me that he and Ladikos had words that night on the floor. He stated that Ladikos accused him of passing out unsigned letter and that Ladikos party found them on jobs after Piscinoe left area campaigning, that night. He claimed to have put Ladikos in check and show him his brief case. hey thats what he said,.....and there is his history according to our convo. P.S. this typing sucks, can we do audio post?!!! Now Doggday, you can sort out the rest, and I will continue to dig also. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Whats the word on new body shop? I have had maintenance guys say money is there and been allocated. What do you know?? Why is this info so secret? Perhaps this is an election ploy or do we the membership receive word last minute. Fridays letter from Yates claimed he was instrumental on the negotiations that included a new body shop. We have all heard this new body shop thing from the signing of the contract, but what is reality and what u know??? I am sure a whole bunch of people will claim their part in securing body shop, but we know this can be election ploy.

I have heard from some that it is being withheld, because the company is waiting to see who gets elected. It appears to be spin by the political hopefuls to precipitate a victory for their candidate. Either way I will address some of what I have learned as of late in a future post.

The politics at OHAP are dirty, neither candidate is completely clean, but it is very important that the members know the truth. I will not say that I have been particularly fair in all of my posts, but I will submit the truth as I see it based on the evidence I have compiled for your approval.

In light of the fact I may be missing evidence that may come to light after the post/posts it is what I believe to be true based on what I have collected.

I will say that I believe whole heartedly that both candidates had made decisions in the past that both had positive and negative effects on our working conditions to protect their interests. This would be done by any sitting Chairman. I am more interested in their intent and their ability to do what seemed best for the membership as a whole.

There have been smear letters released as of late that have some controversy surrounding them. In the interest of fairness I will be posting all I have collected from both candidates. You can make your own decisions. I have to say that one side has been a little more forth coming with information then the other. Also the information that was given me had a contractual basis. I'm pretty good at seeing through spin, but like many am not infialable to a good BS artist. So if I go off track please correct me. I'm sure that I will face attacks from either side after I make my next post.

Sorry if I'm not good at public speaking, and grandstanding, that's just not me. Most of the time I keep to myself, and focus on my job. I don't run the floor spreading rumors, and trying to change what others think. That's not my style, besides if anyone chooses not to believe me it is normally but not always, because they are also missing information. I can't (poof) make contract language appear in my hands when I need it while debating in the flesh. But here, on the internet I have time to think out my retorts, and verify information before I post it. I can also find and post information easily, that I would not have available to me in the flesh. This is just what I am good at, interpreting contract language and writing.

I have had serious character influences in my life growing up and all of them were Christian men. One of which was a former pastor of his own church, that gave up his ministry to take on my mother and her three children after his ex-wife was unfaithful to him.

I'm also not a bible thumper, and don't try to impose my beliefs on others, but it should give you a good baseline to judge my belief on principle, morals, honesty, and ethics. I will not post something that I do not believe to be true, but in some instances I have been proven wrong because I did not have all the relevant info.

Just look at Crapkiller's use of the Department of Labor's labor laws as pertaining to the electability of a convicted felon to the local executive board. Do you think he walks around with the Ohio and Federal labor laws hanging out of his pocket? No, but it is easily accessible here on the net when an argument arises.

I argue all the time over government politics, and allot of the information I source as the argument flows. I can fact check before presenting the argument, and sometimes learn new facts along the way. Two of my biggest sources are WIKIPEDIA and YouTube. It is hard for anyone to refute arguements when there is video tapped evidence, or a credible reference to back up your statements.

There are a few myth's being used as political tools as we speak. I will tackle them when I have more time, but I think many will have a different perspective once I am finished.

I'm also going to back up my posts on my hard drive to repost if they mysteriously disappear.

Edited by Furious1Auto

Whats the word on new body shop? I have had maintenance guys say money is there and been allocated. What do you know?? Why is this info so secret? Perhaps this is an election ploy or do we the membership recieve word last minute. Fridays letter from Yates claimed he was instrumental on the negotiations that included a new body shop. We have all heard this new body shop thing from the signing of the contract, but what is reality and what u know??? I am sure a whole bunch of people will claim their part in securing body shop, but we know this can be election ploy.

The maintenance guys would be correct in that. The money has been released and the contracts are being bid. I don't know why this information is so secret, you would probably have to ask someone else that questions :shades: . As for Yates' claims, consider the source. You know what was released with the new national contract. Election ploy? Here? I'm shocked! lmao!

The maintenance guys would be correct in that. The money has been released and the contracts are being bid. I don't know why this information is so secret, you would probably have to ask someone else that questions :shades: . As for Yates' claims, consider the source. You know what was released with the new national contract. Election ploy? Here? I'm shocked! lmao!

I was told by some guys who came back from the anniversary awards in the plant managers office that he said that we should expect a announcement anywhere from now to six months. Spring do you still have those notes from about a year or so ago when Donovan told us about the body shop? He told us before anybody else did and he was telling us in the trades about the money being released. He told us that several weeks ago. I would like to know why the union isn't telling us this stuff? We have to get all our information from Donovan. At least he hasn't been wrong yet! Don't know what sources he has but he hits the nail on the head everytime.

I was told by some guys who came back from the anniversary awards in the plant managers office that he said that we should expect a announcement anywhere from now to six months. Spring do you still have those notes from about a year or so ago when Donovan told us about the body shop? He told us before anybody else did and he was telling us in the trades about the money being released. He told us that several weeks ago. I would like to know why the union isn't telling us this stuff? We have to get all our information from Donovan. At least he hasn't been wrong yet! Don't know what sources he has but he hits the nail on the head everytime.

These notes?

General Membership Meeting:

March 11, 2007

UAW Local 2000 Union Hall

Pledge of Allegiance

Prayer

Roll Call of Officers: NOT present –

Jim Souris (asked to be excused), Bruce Yates, Michelle Schnur (medical), Ed Baire (working), Chris Viscomi (working), Linda Hall (asked to be excused)

E-Board Recommendations and Membership Concurrence of E-Board Actions

President’s Report:

Next paid holidays are Good Friday (4/6/07) and Holy Monday (4/9/07).

Performance bonus will be paid to hourly workers on 3/15/07. Amount is $500.00 that is taxed at 25% federal tax.

VCAP drawing next month.

Carolyn Vincent – Regional VCAP Director will be going to each local to push the in plant VCAP drives.

Employee Free Choice Act passed the House and will now go before the Senate. This gives employees the right to organize their places of employment.

There are currently 5 efforts in our Region to decertify with the union. The Right to Work people are trying their best to make Ohio a Right To Work State.

President attended a meeting with Trustees, etc on financial filings and records keeping for the union. They went over rules, regulations and forms. Commended Joe Hribar on a job well done.

Chairman’s Report for Unit 1:

16,800 Order Bank

Regarding the bonuses: Nick and Shawn Otto both made calls about turning the bonuses back in to offset the educational programs for retirees, etc. This offer was refused. They also asked if they could give their bonuses to the retirees in a separate fund and this was also refused.

Nick said that the company is asking plants to take a COA but then they offer bonuses and show the customers that they can’t even supply diesel engines. He feels that this hurts and certainly doesn’t help us.

We are schedule to work the following Saturdays: 3/24/07, 4/14/07. 4/28/07 is a voluntary Saturday.

The Diesel engines – there is a court order in place for Navistar to supply the 6.4 engines but we use the 6.0. U-Haul was contacted to see if they would accept gasoline engines. No response as of yet.

Friday was the last day for the TFT’s. We were supposed to get some more RTBU’s from Sandusky on Monday but they were not released and will not be released until the following Monday. We will be short 20 people come Monday.

COA negotiations – these modified contracts have been ratified at other facilities and they have incurred serious labor issues. The bargaining structure has been in meetings every day.

We have some standards disputes due to the fact that company doesn’t seem to realize that the rebalance is over and want to continue to balance out jobs. The region has been contacted regarding this issue. It has not been resolved.

There have been several jobs posted lately. Waiting for the rebalance to be addressed and the next wave of retirees to leave. There will be more postings over the next week and a half.

Management let go too many of their people and now they are having manpower issues as well. They are currently using retirees.

March of Dimes collection will be taking place soon. Nick would like to see us raise $10,000.00.

We have 2 people returning to Walton Hills.

Sharonville got some good news. They got the transmission that was allotted for Mexico.

Fitness Center – they are waiting on one more okay on approval for this – Nick will take his appointed reps and assign them in 2 hour shifts to the Fitness Center. The company still has the obligation to maintain the equipment.

Darrell Sykes is our new assistant plant manager, Joe Lee is our new plant manager and Shawn Otto is our Human Resources Manager. Shawn Otto is sitting in negotiations for the company. He has to run all decisions by Sykes who has to run them by Lee. This is really holding up negotiations.

In reading through other COA’s from other facilities, Nick has noticed a lot of “if” (if this happens then this will be considered). This means nothing and provides no commitment on the part of the company just that it might happen. How can you have a contract like that?

No secret that our body shop is falling apart but the company doesn’t want to invest in bricks and mortar.

Linda Kleinheinz, Chairperson of Unit 3 had no report.

Jerry Donovan said that the company and Navistar had reached an agreement and they should be back in production by Tuesday. He said that the COA that was negotiated at Local 600 was a disaster. The company sees outsourcing as their salvation. He said there was no denying that we needed to change but it mattered as to what type of change. There is good change and bad change. He said the company wanted to implement bad changes. Changes that were bad for us and them. He said that the company was looking at building a new body shop at our facility for the 2012 model year. Donovan spoke of Brampton, Ontario (CAW) – this is a Chrysler facility – they were asked to outsource their janitorial and give up their prep time which the company had been after for some time. They refused and their membership rejected the contract. The company had intended to invest $700 million but took it away. Buzz Hargrove had called a special meeting to address the situation. Jerry said we needed to look at things in a positive manner and not so much as concessions but as repositioning.

Tim Donovan said that everyone thought that Local 600 was the safest facility in the system since they were always considered the strongest and most modern facility.

Royal Young asked what the International thought about the bonuses or about giving them back. He asked why upper level management’s bonuses could not be discussed. He also mentioned the fact that the company had mortgaged everything to borrow money and now were giving it out. Tim Donovan said all retirees, TFTs and other employees who worked in 2006 would get bonuses. Only exceptions were TPTs.

Jerry Donovan said this was a retrenchment of Ford Motor Company. He said we could say farewell to the old days of profit sharing, not that we were making profits anyway. He said the bonuses would be tied to meeting corporate objectives. He said that even Consumer Reports had to notice our improvements in quality and that we were better than most. He said this was a new concept, the performance bonuses for hourly. He said that people shouldn’t worry. That if Ford went out of business all it would mean for us is that we would have new owners. Mary Springowski said that OHAP was one of the few facilities not listed in the SEC filings (as of Nov. 29, 2006 report).

Nick also mentioned that the floor men were rolled into the group leader classification. There was some question as to who would pick up welds in the body shop because of the machinery breaking down. 4 new g.u.s were posted.

Shop Problems:

Extra person designation in Chassis. What constitutes an extra person. Some Sandusky people came over and were automatically assigned to train on jobs of people who had signed up for packages. Paul Triplett said that mixed man operations were not base operations. Future retirees were moved to the garage but they are supposed to be leaving April 1st. The Sandusky people are just temporarily assigned. Problems with Eric Lantz and Dave McLaughlin. Orders have been given by the company that there are to be no lateral moves. Most of these jobs are labor pool jobs and these are not bid or posted. They are solicited by seniority department wide. Transferees have to wait 30 days to be able to bid on jobs. Question was asked how this was all going to be accomplished and sorted out. Why couldn’t it be done amongst the teams like the MOA. Triplett said that per the contract it must be department wide. If people are really interested they can go to Labor or the 28 aisle and look at all the people signing up to retire and check out what jobs they are doing and try to get put on them. Mike Piscione said that Labor Relations had refused to give committeemen the lists of people retiring. Superintendents won’t release information either. Brian Mitchell said that people should talk to the group leaders about what’s open. Triplett said that he and Brummitt had looked at everything and 5 group leaders and reliefs were going up.

Meeting adjourned.

These notes?

General Membership Meeting:

March 11, 2007

UAW Local 2000 Union Hall

Pledge of Allegiance

Prayer

Roll Call of Officers: NOT present –

Jim Souris (asked to be excused), Bruce Yates, Michelle Schnur (medical), Ed Baire (working), Chris Viscomi (working), Linda Hall (asked to be excused)

E-Board Recommendations and Membership Concurrence of E-Board Actions

President’s Report:

Next paid holidays are Good Friday (4/6/07) and Holy Monday (4/9/07).

Performance bonus will be paid to hourly workers on 3/15/07. Amount is $500.00 that is taxed at 25% federal tax.

VCAP drawing next month.

Carolyn Vincent – Regional VCAP Director will be going to each local to push the in plant VCAP drives.

Employee Free Choice Act passed the House and will now go before the Senate. This gives employees the right to organize their places of employment.

There are currently 5 efforts in our Region to decertify with the union. The Right to Work people are trying their best to make Ohio a Right To Work State.

President attended a meeting with Trustees, etc on financial filings and records keeping for the union. They went over rules, regulations and forms. Commended Joe Hribar on a job well done.

Chairman’s Report for Unit 1:

16,800 Order Bank

Regarding the bonuses: Nick and Shawn Otto both made calls about turning the bonuses back in to offset the educational programs for retirees, etc. This offer was refused. They also asked if they could give their bonuses to the retirees in a separate fund and this was also refused.

Nick said that the company is asking plants to take a COA but then they offer bonuses and show the customers that they can’t even supply diesel engines. He feels that this hurts and certainly doesn’t help us.

We are schedule to work the following Saturdays: 3/24/07, 4/14/07. 4/28/07 is a voluntary Saturday.

The Diesel engines – there is a court order in place for Navistar to supply the 6.4 engines but we use the 6.0. U-Haul was contacted to see if they would accept gasoline engines. No response as of yet.

Friday was the last day for the TFT’s. We were supposed to get some more RTBU’s from Sandusky on Monday but they were not released and will not be released until the following Monday. We will be short 20 people come Monday.

COA negotiations – these modified contracts have been ratified at other facilities and they have incurred serious labor issues. The bargaining structure has been in meetings every day.

We have some standards disputes due to the fact that company doesn’t seem to realize that the rebalance is over and want to continue to balance out jobs. The region has been contacted regarding this issue. It has not been resolved.

There have been several jobs posted lately. Waiting for the rebalance to be addressed and the next wave of retirees to leave. There will be more postings over the next week and a half.

Management let go too many of their people and now they are having manpower issues as well. They are currently using retirees.

March of Dimes collection will be taking place soon. Nick would like to see us raise $10,000.00.

We have 2 people returning to Walton Hills.

Sharonville got some good news. They got the transmission that was allotted for Mexico.

Fitness Center – they are waiting on one more okay on approval for this – Nick will take his appointed reps and assign them in 2 hour shifts to the Fitness Center. The company still has the obligation to maintain the equipment.

Darrell Sykes is our new assistant plant manager, Joe Lee is our new plant manager and Shawn Otto is our Human Resources Manager. Shawn Otto is sitting in negotiations for the company. He has to run all decisions by Sykes who has to run them by Lee. This is really holding up negotiations.

In reading through other COA’s from other facilities, Nick has noticed a lot of “if” (if this happens then this will be considered). This means nothing and provides no commitment on the part of the company just that it might happen. How can you have a contract like that?

No secret that our body shop is falling apart but the company doesn’t want to invest in bricks and mortar.

Linda Kleinheinz, Chairperson of Unit 3 had no report.

Jerry Donovan said that the company and Navistar had reached an agreement and they should be back in production by Tuesday. He said that the COA that was negotiated at Local 600 was a disaster. The company sees outsourcing as their salvation. He said there was no denying that we needed to change but it mattered as to what type of change. There is good change and bad change. He said the company wanted to implement bad changes. Changes that were bad for us and them. He said that the company was looking at building a new body shop at our facility for the 2012 model year. Donovan spoke of Brampton, Ontario (CAW) – this is a Chrysler facility – they were asked to outsource their janitorial and give up their prep time which the company had been after for some time. They refused and their membership rejected the contract. The company had intended to invest $700 million but took it away. Buzz Hargrove had called a special meeting to address the situation. Jerry said we needed to look at things in a positive manner and not so much as concessions but as repositioning.

Tim Donovan said that everyone thought that Local 600 was the safest facility in the system since they were always considered the strongest and most modern facility.

Royal Young asked what the International thought about the bonuses or about giving them back. He asked why upper level management’s bonuses could not be discussed. He also mentioned the fact that the company had mortgaged everything to borrow money and now were giving it out. Tim Donovan said all retirees, TFTs and other employees who worked in 2006 would get bonuses. Only exceptions were TPTs.

Jerry Donovan said this was a retrenchment of Ford Motor Company. He said we could say farewell to the old days of profit sharing, not that we were making profits anyway. He said the bonuses would be tied to meeting corporate objectives. He said that even Consumer Reports had to notice our improvements in quality and that we were better than most. He said this was a new concept, the performance bonuses for hourly. He said that people shouldn’t worry. That if Ford went out of business all it would mean for us is that we would have new owners. Mary Springowski said that OHAP was one of the few facilities not listed in the SEC filings (as of Nov. 29, 2006 report).

Nick also mentioned that the floor men were rolled into the group leader classification. There was some question as to who would pick up welds in the body shop because of the machinery breaking down. 4 new g.u.s were posted.

Shop Problems:

Extra person designation in Chassis. What constitutes an extra person. Some Sandusky people came over and were automatically assigned to train on jobs of people who had signed up for packages. Paul Triplett said that mixed man operations were not base operations. Future retirees were moved to the garage but they are supposed to be leaving April 1st. The Sandusky people are just temporarily assigned. Problems with Eric Lantz and Dave McLaughlin. Orders have been given by the company that there are to be no lateral moves. Most of these jobs are labor pool jobs and these are not bid or posted. They are solicited by seniority department wide. Transferees have to wait 30 days to be able to bid on jobs. Question was asked how this was all going to be accomplished and sorted out. Why couldn’t it be done amongst the teams like the MOA. Triplett said that per the contract it must be department wide. If people are really interested they can go to Labor or the 28 aisle and look at all the people signing up to retire and check out what jobs they are doing and try to get put on them. Mike Piscione said that Labor Relations had refused to give committeemen the lists of people retiring. Superintendents won’t release information either. Brian Mitchell said that people should talk to the group leaders about what’s open. Triplett said that he and Brummitt had looked at everything and 5 group leaders and reliefs were going up.

Meeting adjourned.

This is one of the few meetings Jerry has attended. How many meetings has Jerry been to in the last three years. He just started going to every meeting the past 6 months (it must be ELECTION TIME). I tired of THE Donovan Klan thinking they can BULLY everyone and get mad and start pointing at peoples chest. If they ever point there finger in my chest I WILL BREAK IT.

This is one of the few meetings Jerry has attended. How many meetings has Jerry been to in the last three years. He just started going to every meeting the past 6 months (it must be ELECTION TIME). I tired of THE Donovan Klan thinking they can BULLY everyone and get mad and start pointing at peoples chest. If they ever point there finger in my chest I WILL BREAK IT.

Everyone knows that "Ford is looking at this" or " Ford is looking at that". They are always looking at something. Just because one of Jerry's old buddies up North told him Ford was looking at something doesn't make him Chairman material. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!I agree with you economaker, they are just a disfunctional Irish family trying to take over. Jerry should have been neutered when he entered the USA.

Schultz, you little termite!!! you are such a suckass! why don't you just go crawl up Jerry's ass and make a little nest for yourself!

midget.jpg

CARPKILLER AND ECONOMAKER - JUST SO YOU KNOW YOU GUYS ARE PROBABLY THE BIGGEST REASON THAT I'M VOTING FOR ANYONE OTHER THAN NICK! YOU GUYS NEVER THINK ABOUT HOW YOU EFFECT THIS UNION OR THE PEOPLE IN IT. JUST AS LONG AS YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO BACK TO THE LINE. BULLSHIT. ITS TIME THIS UNION GOT BACK TO BEING ABOUT WHAT ITS SUPPOSED TO BE - FOR THE PEOPLE! NO JUST A CHOSEN FEW. YOU GUYS ARE A COUPLE OF CHICKEN SHITS.

CARPKILLER AND ECONOMAKER - JUST SO YOU KNOW YOU GUYS ARE PROBABLY THE BIGGEST REASON THAT I'M VOTING FOR ANYONE OTHER THAN NICK! YOU GUYS NEVER THINK ABOUT HOW YOU EFFECT THIS UNION OR THE PEOPLE IN IT. JUST AS LONG AS YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO BACK TO THE LINE. BULLSHIT. ITS TIME THIS UNION GOT BACK TO BEING ABOUT WHAT ITS SUPPOSED TO BE - FOR THE PEOPLE! NO JUST A CHOSEN FEW. YOU GUYS ARE A COUPLE OF CHICKEN SHITS.

If you are going to vote against someone because of an anonymous post of someone you don't know, then you are just a big dumb fucking idiot.

Who gives a fuck who you vote for anyway??? Who even asked????????

Hahahahahahahaha!!!! You think that is what you'll get from Jerry?????

Hahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!

He'll show you the chosen few, the chosen few of his kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaha. You dumb fuck.

s_e86f2e324250f81649ce9159eb703404.jpg

:censored: The so-called chairman who couldn't come out on the floor for the last three years comes out on the floor now campaigning! He works 4 hours and then campaigns 4 hours doesn't replace himself and then comes down to the hi-line to campaign with us leaving us without a chairman! Nice job! Once again the membership is put second. Why can he take 4 hours off when he wants but we can't. How come he doesn't have to replace himself but other guys do? And don't say he was available if they needed him because you can't campaign on company time! :censored:

I hate to get into this, but did you read what you posted.....chairman couldn't come out on the floor for the last 3 yrs.....and now you are complaining that he is out on the floor not replacing himself?? Would he have replaced himself the last 3 yrs to come to the floor? If your chairman would have been out on the floor kissing babies the last 3 yrs he wouldn't have been doing the job you elected him to do!! Which is it...do your job or come out and kiss my ass....so I can see you for the last 3 yrs?? :banghead:

I hate to get into this, but did you read what you posted.....chairman couldn't come out on the floor for the last 3 yrs.....and now you are complaining that he is out on the floor not replacing himself?? Would he have replaced himself the last 3 yrs to come to the floor? If your chairman would have been out on the floor kissing babies the last 3 yrs he wouldn't have been doing the job you elected him to do!! Which is it...do your job or come out and kiss my ass....so I can see you for the last 3 yrs?? :banghead:

Dude, its different if hes taking care of business but the company is running the union to. He's suposed to replace himself when hes campaigning. He isn't doing the job he was elected to do. Read all the stuff on here not just a few things. Replace himself or not it don't matter cuz nobodys gonna notice any difference except for the cafateria

Captain, Thank you for making that statement. This Chairman has been doing his job all along. He is protecting this plant. If most of the committee structure would have been doing their jobs, and it wasn't election time, there wouldn't be a cry to be on the floor. Negotiating the strongest COA, working to keep our unit and working for mor product are much more important than having to clean up the messes of about 80% of committee work.

Captain, Thank you for making that statement. This Chairman has been doing his job all along. He is protecting this plant. If most of the committee structure would have been doing their jobs, and it wasn't election time, there wouldn't be a cry to be on the floor. Negotiating the strongest COA, working to keep our unit and working for mor product are much more important than having to clean up the messes of about 80% of committee work.

He still has to hold his committee to task, but to ask that he is out on the floor means you are asking him not to do his job and come out and say hi??? Doesn't make much sense.....if he is on the floor he is not doing the job he was elected to do. Don't get me wrong....I am not sticking up for anyone because he still gets elected, but you will not see any chairman on the floor as much as a committee person...NOT GOING TO HAPPEN ANYWHERE!! Anywhere where the Chairmans is doing his/her job!! When someone says that they are just trying to use it as a political advantage. Sux!! Especially when there are many on the floor that really do not understand what a Chairman's duties are. Every person running against an elected official says this same thing!!

Not trying to argue,from what i was told from my uncle in skilled trades about the new body shop was that FORD AND INTERNATIONAL want to make the announcement about the new bodyshop they want the credit, they want to look good. So whether its Nick or Jerry that gets voted in doesnt matter. Just hope we get it so we can provide for our families and retire from AVON LAKE.

Not trying to argue,from what i was told from my uncle in skilled trades about the new body shop was that FORD AND INTERNATIONAL want to make the announcement about the new bodyshop they want the credit, they want to look good. So whether its Nick or Jerry that gets voted in doesnt matter. Just hope we get it so we can provide for our families and retire from AVON LAKE.

The new flexible body shop was already identified in the 2007 CBA....so what would be the big announcement and why would Iunion have to take credit for it??? They have already negotiated it and it is public knowledge?? I don't get it?

The new flexible body shop was already identified in the 2007 CBA....so what would be the big announcement and why would Iunion have to take credit for it??? They have already negotiated it and it is public knowledge?? I don't get it?

That's right negotiated by the I-UAW, and ratified by the membership. Now if the member's don't know the content of the new National contract and still voted on it, who's fault is that for not keeping them informed!

Like I told Nick directly, the problems within his structure ultimately falls on his shoulders. No amount finger pointing will change that.

There are ways to hold committee members to account.

They are still negotiating with the Sate and other governmental agencies fro tax abatements and other considerations. In other cases, Lorain is one of them, when a product is confirmed the State refuses to negotiate any considerations.

That's right negotiated by the I-UAW, and ratified by the membership. Now if the member's don't know the content of the new National contract and still voted on it, who's fault is that for not keeping them informed!

Like I told Nick directly, the problems within his structure ultimately falls on his shoulders. No amount finger pointing will change that.

There are ways to hold committee members to account.

The orly people that can remove any elected official the membership. You can blame Nick if you want , but they were elected by the membership and only the membership can remove them.

They are still negotiating with the Sate and other governmental agencies fro tax abatements and other considerations. In other cases, Lorain is one of them, when a product is confirmed the State refuses to negotiate any considerations.

That is a valid argument, and I would like to say to the state , county, and local officials who may be viewing this thread that Ford has not committed by breaking ground yet. We all need this, the workers, the state, county, and affected cities. Please be careful not to do anything to jeopardize what a new product means to all of us.

Our National agreement states that all product guarantee's are subject to a business case, and any agreements are part of the business case. I have already moved from one plant to another, because the local municipality refused to give Ford incentive to stay. Well that's one issue that effected their decision.

I wish YouTube was around then, because I have analog video of the Lorain Mayor stating that it cost the city over $2,000,000 in income annually tax alone.

Ohio has lost enough manufacturing jobs at this point to jeopardize Ford handing off the product to another state, and facility.

The orly people that can remove any elected official the membership. You can blame Nick if you want , but they were elected by the membership and only the membership can remove them.

Irish Dad, I'm trying to be fair. I'm not saying Nick was totally worthless, he did some good things while holding office. But at any local, problems within the structure can be handled by the chairman.

You don't have to remove an official to let them know where you stand. As a Chairman Nick could have corrected parties that he found neglecting their duties. He could have warned them that he intended to address it with the membership to recommend their removal if warranted.

Nick had the negotiating part right, I will credit him for that!

Edited by Furious1Auto

That is a valid argument, and I would like to say to the state , county, and local officials who may be viewing this thread that Ford has not committed by breaking ground yet. We all need this, the workers, the state, county, and affected cities. Please be careful not to do anything to jeopardize what a new product means to all of us.

Our National agreement states that all product guarantee's are subject to a business case, and any agreements are part of the business case. I have already moved from one plant to another, because the local municipality refused to give Ford incentive to stay. Well that's one issue that effected their decision.

I wish YouTube was around then, because I have analog video of the Lorain Mayor stating that it cost the city over $2,000,000 in income annually tax alone.

Ohio has lost enough manufacturing jobs at this point to jeopardize Ford handing off the product to another state, and facility.

Irish Dad, I'm trying to be fair. I'm not saying Nick was totally worthless, he did some good things while holding office. But at any local, problems within the structure can be handled by the chairman.

You don't have to remove an official to let them know where you stand. As a Chairman Nick could have corrected parties that he found neglecting their duties. He could have warned them that he intended to address it with the membership to recommend their removal if warranted.

Nick had the negotiating part right, I will credit him for that!

He not only warned them he called them out at the membership meetings. He made them answer for their actions and if the responses weren't adequate he had the member and the committeemen in his office the next day to resolve it. He cannot and it would not have been appropriate for him to call for a recall of anyone. The member elect tem and the mabers need to remove them.