bring back mark lt

budafuko2

:headscratch::headscratch: just traded my '06 mark lt for an '08 navigator. man this is one sweet ride, but i miss having the open bed in back. i looked at the '08 mark lt but it is nearly identical to the '06 except for some chrome trim, navigation radio and rearview camera. i think ford made a mistake not updating the mark lt for '09. i did not want to go from a lincoln to a ford even though i know they are mostly the same. i was considering an escalade ext but the local dealer had none in stock. does anyone else feel that ford should have kept the mark lt? everyone I have talked to that has one has loved it and I got more compliments on mine than any car i have ever owned. sorry to babble on and on but despite the new Navi, i miss my mark lt. thanx for listening

:headscratch::headscratch: just traded my '06 mark lt for an '08 navigator. man this is one sweet ride, but i miss having the open bed in back. i looked at the '08 mark lt but it is nearly identical to the '06 except for some chrome trim, navigation radio and rearview camera. i think ford made a mistake not updating the mark lt for '09. i did not want to go from a lincoln to a ford even though i know they are mostly the same. i was considering an escalade ext but the local dealer had none in stock. does anyone else feel that ford should have kept the mark lt? everyone I have talked to that has one has loved it and I got more compliments on mine than any car i have ever owned. sorry to babble on and on but despite the new Navi, i miss my mark lt. thanx for listening

First of all, this thread probably shouldve been posted in the F-series/Mark LT forum but that's ok since its your first post.

Back to topic, while I feel like Lincoln should have a truck offering I don't think it should be a blatant rebadge like the LT was/is. At the moment, Linoln feels that the Mark LT doesn't fit in with their image. Also the cant justify allocating the resources to 1) making a new model or 2) making that new model different enough from the F-150 to be considered a Lincon or to fit with Lincolns image.

The Mark LT is being replace by a new Platinum model on the F-150 which is supposed to be really nice.

Yes, I agree that they should have updated the Mark LT. It is the best looking truck on the market IMHO and I am sad to see it go... However it will be all the more cool to see one, and the values might not drop as much (speculation of course) because there are not a whole bunch around. Just trying to see the bright side!

Yes, I agree that they should have updated the Mark LT. It is the best looking truck on the market IMHO and I am sad to see it go... However it will be all the more cool to see one, and the values might not drop as much (speculation of course) because there are not a whole bunch around. Just trying to see the bright side!

I agree, it is a good looking truck.

On a related topic: the Mark LT's replacement, the Platinum F-150 looks pretty good.

I agree, it is a good looking truck.

On a related topic: the Mark LT's replacement, the Platinum F-150 looks pretty good.

The Mark LT is indeed a pretty truck, Very nice style and looks. Lincoln should keep the Mark LT to compete with the caddy. I do think if the Ranger is redsigned or the F-100 is produced, then Mercury should get one to help revive the brand.... Call it the Mercury M1? Comet? Cyclone? Monarch? and drop the Mazda B-series.

Edited by FordFanForEver

The Mark LT is indeed a pretty truck, Very nice style and looks. Lincoln should keep the Mark LT to compete with the caddy. I do think if the Ranger is redsigned or the F-100 is produced, then Mercury should get one to help revive the brand.... Call it the Mercury M1? Comet? Cyclone? Monarch? and drop the Mazda B-series.

I agree. I think it'd be good for Lincoln to have an Escalade EXT competitor. Maybe Mercury should get one, I dont know though. I agree with you about dropping the B-series.

I agree. I think it'd be good for Lincoln to have an Escalade EXT competitor. Maybe Mercury should get one, I dont know though. I agree with you about dropping the B-series.

From the sales Figures, i was always under the impression that the Mark LT was out selling the caddy EXT and that the LT was a sucess but i guess i was wrong.

From the sales Figures, i was always under the impression that the Mark LT was out selling the caddy EXT and that the LT was a sucess but i guess i was wrong.

It was, but it was determined that the Mark LT would no longer fit in with Lincoln's new image, thus it's being discontinued and replaced by the Platinum F-150 (which looks very nice).

yeah it turned out to be more of a post about my old lt than my new navi, that said, the new ford platinum does look good, but its still not a lincoln. the navigator is awesome , i am just suprised it does not have sync when the basic fords already do. these guys just can 't get it right with lincoln no matter how hard they try. ilove ford and have two ford trucks for my business, but they are going to lose another faithful customer if they don' t start listening to what people want. i have also noticed that the only colors dealers order for the navi are black, white, and some silver. have checked many dealers inventories and have not seen that really nice blue or anything else for that matter. anyone seen the new navigator in that dark blue? or any other unique colors? mine is vapor silver with all black interior, very nice indeed.

yeah it turned out to be more of a post about my old lt than my new navi, that said, the new ford platinum does look good, but its still not a lincoln. the navigator is awesome , i am just suprised it does not have sync when the basic fords already do. these guys just can 't get it right with lincoln no matter how hard they try. ilove ford and have two ford trucks for my business, but they are going to lose another faithful customer if they don' t start listening to what people want. i have also noticed that the only colors dealers order for the navi are black, white, and some silver. have checked many dealers inventories and have not seen that really nice blue or anything else for that matter. anyone seen the new navigator in that dark blue? or any other unique colors? mine is vapor silver with all black interior, very nice indeed.

09 F-150 will have SYNC, so I'd assume Expy and Navigator will get it soon. I saw a blue Navigator once, it looked nice. I think it was a different blue than the dark ink though. The dark ink looks almost black, even in direct sunlight.

Edited by rmc523

09 F-150 will have SYNC, so I'd assume Expy and Navigator will get it soon. I saw a blue Navigator once, it looked nice. I think it was a different blue than the dark ink though. The dark ink looks almost black, even in direct sunlight.

Do you think it will be backwards compatible with the 07/08 radios? Could you just do a head unit swap?

Do you think it will be backwards compatible with the 07/08 radios? Could you just do a head unit swap?

You mean the SYNC system? I doubt it. I'd assume the SYNC system has tons of wires and stuff that may run all over the place behind the dash. I'm just guessing here, so it could be possible, but my guess is it wouldn't be possible to simply switch head units.

You mean the SYNC system? I doubt it. I'd assume the SYNC system has tons of wires and stuff that may run all over the place behind the dash. I'm just guessing here, so it could be possible, but my guess is it wouldn't be possible to simply switch head units.

Thanks. It's too bad, looks like a great product.

Thanks. It's too bad, looks like a great product.

You're welcome. I know how you feel. However, like I said, I'm just guessing, so I could be wrong, though.

There may be someone here that knows more about the system that would be able to let you know for sure.