A suprise.....new Mark LT revealed

rmc523

I found this on the Lincoln website. Unfortunately it appears to be simply another F-150 rebadge, this time of the Platinum model. :rolleyes:

www.lincoln.com/reachhigher/2009_Mark_LT

Just kidding.....

It's a chop I did of the Lincoln emblem on the new Platinum F-150

post-28332-1200285060_thumb.jpg

Edited by rmc523

You got me on that one. My first thought was That's just a Premium F-150 with a star and lower grille. They can't be serious. Nice work. :hysterical:

I see NO reason, NOT to badge a Platinum as a Lincoln at all. Take it even more upscale. Their are people with the money who will purchase it, so don't complain about why or for what reason, just do it. A Lincoln Interior would look a little better inside than the Ford.

I see NO reason, NOT to badge a Platinum as a Lincoln at all. Take it even more upscale. Their are people with the money who will purchase it, so don't complain about why or for what reason, just do it. A Lincoln Interior would look a little better inside than the Ford.

Ford can't justify spending extra money on a Lincoln version when sales aren't going to be that high. While, yes, it's true that people with money will buy them, there were such a limited few that bought the Mark LT that Ford doesn't want to do it. That said, I think if Ford had gone a little further (or tried at all) making the Mark LT and F-150 different, it would've sold more. I'd assume most potential customers couldn't justify spending thousands more on an F-150 with a chrome grille and a few Lincoln badges (I do like the Mark LT's, don't get me wrong).

You may argue that Ford spent money on this new Platinum model, but I believe the money they spent on that was less than what it would take to properly make a new Mark LT different from the F-150. Really all they did with the Platinum model (which I really like) is: on the outside they gave it a new grill and some different trim pieces and other options (bigger wheels, power deployable running boards, etc.) and on the inside they took the regular F-150 interior and gave it different leather, some real aluminum accents and several options, etc.

This is how I would make a new Mark LT look to truly make the two different:

post-28332-1200857999_thumb.jpg

Edited by rmc523