Hp and Torque Numbers for 09 F-150

builtfordtough13

Does anyone know the hp and torque numbers for the 09 F-150? I read the truck and motor trend articles that read 310 hp and 365 ft. lbs of torque. I really hope that those aren't true. I really like the looks of the truck and just hope I am as equally pleased with the power train. I would like to see 350 hp and 405+ ft lbs of torque. Are you listening Ford???

Does anyone know the hp and torque numbers for the 09 F-150? I read the truck and motor trend articles that read 310 hp and 365 ft. lbs of torque. I really hope that those aren't true. I really like the looks of the truck and just hope I am as equally pleased with the power train. I would like to see 350 hp and 405+ ft lbs of torque. Are you listening Ford???

Go back and research in the recent 09 F-150 Forums, Igor reported this back in the Middle of December.

The Motor Trend overview on the new F-150 seems to be pretty detailed to be just speculation. The two-valve version of the 4.6L V8 has the same output as the one in the current F-150 but they list a new rating for the three-valve version; different from the rating of the one in the Explorer. The Explorer's rated 292 horsepower and 300lb-ft of torque. They list the engine for the new F-150 at 290 horsepower and 317 lb-ft of torque. Like builtfordtough13 said, the 5.4 is listed to have 310 horsepower, but the torque is the same as the current figure. What doesn't make sense about this though is that the article says, "torque has been boosted to 365 pound-feet at 3750." Boosted? Could it be a typo and they meant 375 or 385 lb-ft? Bah, just bring on the Boss and be done with it. Also, where's the Duratec 37?

I can't imagine why Ford would keep the numbers secret unless they are embarrassed about the #1 truck being dead last again..

Remember the Cobra fiasco? I think Mazda had a similar problem where cars came in below their preliminary figures. Last minute changes can affect the final hp and torque ratings so Ford would rather wait until all that is finalized before making any public claims.

Smart if you ask me.

I was thinking about how Ford hasn't released official output numbers on their F-150 engine lineup and is it possible that they have something up their sleeve? I imagine their competition could have something to do with it. Ford probably knew that the new Ram, for example, was going to get a nice boost and wanted to hold off until they could match that with some significant news of their own. Could they be waiting on official specs of the Boss? You know, giving details and output figures to whet everyone's appetite? An even bigger surprise, could Ford crank out even more horsepower out of the 5.4L Modular than what it is currently expected to be upgraded to?

I was thinking about how Ford hasn't released official output numbers on their F-150 engine lineup and is it possible that they have something up their sleeve? I imagine their competition could have something to do with it. Ford probably knew that the new Ram, for example, was going to get a nice boost and wanted to hold off until they could match that with some significant news of their own. Could they be waiting on official specs of the Boss? You know, giving details and output figures to whet everyone's appetite? An even bigger surprise, could Ford crank out even more horsepower out of the 5.4L Modular than what it is currently expected to be upgraded to?

Im only expecting the current 5.4 to upgraded from 300hp to 325hp and from 365 of torque to 380-400 torque.