Got my new MKZ

Pete

I got it even there is a trunk opening issue.

Now i am looking for a low profile Spoiler that complements the car. ( so far, no luck)

That will let me open the trunk.

AWSOME Car...Love it!!

Congradulations, I hope you enjoy it.

Are you referring to the fact that theres no grab area for the trunk when you say there's a trunk opening issue? I kinda assume that's what you meant.

Yes, you'd think they make the trunk open up a bit, so we can open it without having to digg under the bottom edge to open it. If there is snow and ice buildup on the bumper, that option is out the window too.....

Dealer is ordering a universal spoiler for the lid. If it looks good, i'll get it. At least there will be a place to will help in opening the lid.

Nothing available for the MKZ specificly.

Just cant beleve ford would design this flaw.....

Yes, you'd think they make the trunk open up a bit, so we can open it without having to digg under the bottom edge to open it. If there is snow and ice buildup on the bumper, that option is out the window too.....

Dealer is ordering a universal spoiler for the lid. If it looks good, i'll get it. At least there will be a place to will help in opening the lid.

I've seen MKZs with spoilers, they look ok.

Hi Pete. :D I realize this won't make you feel any better, but I have a 2007 MKZ, and don't have any problems opening the trunk lid.

Mine does open far enough to put my fingers under the lid and lift (and no munchkin fingers here, I am not exactly a little person :hysterical: ). Maybe you should have the Dealer look at yours?

As far as snow on the bumper, we need to brush the snow off the bumper (and trunk lid too) before opening the trunk anyway. If you don't, there is a good chance that the snow will fall into the trunk when you open it, since the bumper is basically at the same level as the trunk opening.

On a similar but different note, I do believe that they should have included a pull down strap on the inside of the trunk lid, to aid in closing it. I hate putting finger prints all over my nice clean trunk lid! (other times, I think we all just complain way too much :banghead: ).

As to a spoiler: If you like the look of your MKZ with a spoiler, then go with it. I will not express my opinion on the looks, since you did not ask that question.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck! :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

I'm sorry to hear they were still out of Town Cars. :banghead:

I sat in a MK.....um......wait a minute....oh yeah....Z at the 2007 Houston Auto Show and for some reason the dash overhang reminded me of one of my old boxy Caprices....arcadefreak.gif

Congrats on the new ride! :happy feet:

Edited by Armada Master