Temporary Full Time Employees

jbores6511

Maybe you should have union officals like we do in Tulsa, they are not afraid of tugging, they do their job!!!!

Yup....that will get your doors closed and all Ford employees in JSP. :finger: Good news though I heard they forked out more oney for packages....some will need them with the plant closing!! :shades:

No, don't just sit back...get your lazy ass out from behind your computer and go to a union meeting!!

do not stir the pot......thats your best advice. you will get fucked and will have a "fuck me" neon sign over your head. bosses talk to each other, and they do tell each other who to fuck with and who not to. first hand experience talking here............

lay low, go to work, do your job, no more no less and try not to draw attention to yourself. i know that sounds like a pussy way out, but its in your best intrest.

do not stir the pot......thats your best advice. you will get fucked and will have a "fuck me" neon sign over your head. bosses talk to each other, and they do tell each other who to fuck with and who not to. first hand experience talking here............

lay low, go to work, do your job, no more no less and try not to draw attention to yourself. i know that sounds like a pussy way out, but its in your best intrest.

Wow sounds like you gotted fked somewhere in the past!!! Keeping quite doesn't accomplish anything!! State your opinion and don't try and manipulate people. Let them judge for them selves by the information that is given. You have a voice... use it!!

Wow sounds like you gotted fked somewhere in the past!!! Keeping quite doesn't accomplish anything!! State your opinion and don't try and manipulate people. Let them judge for them selves by the information that is given. You have a voice... use it!!

i used my voice, and i paid dearly for it.......so now i go to work and shut up, and put up with the bullshit and try to not let it get to me, even when i see things that are not right

I work at Ohio Assembly now. I was from Lorain Ohio. We are a plant that is soooo diversified. We have people from everywhere! One thing is for sure... The original OHAP work force sticks together and most (not all) union reps. cut hogs like crazy for eachother and do little favors. I just wrote a grievance against our superintendent and the company for nepitism. Here our union rep. was doing favors for the company so they in return do favors for his buddies. Makes me furious! Thank goodness we have onr BC that is really a good guy and tries to undue and provent all the BS that others are doing. He is only one guy though. I feel bad because I call him all the time. He is caught in the middle here in my situation. I just am not sure who is doing the other tugging. Just as he gets a plan someone or something gets in his way. I think it is time to make some other phone calls and see what happens.

Jennifer, It is not all as you make it to be!

There are a few TFT's on days. But the seniority workers are "floating". They do not have any openings on dayshift for you. You don't have the seniority.

The senior people on days are giving the Union grief because if the Union did what you wanted, and put the TFT's on the temporary jobs, then the senior ones that are "floating" would be bitching that they are on fixed jobs, while TFT's are floating.

I would say that you don't have a bitch, since you can't hold days anyway, and the Union is respecting the dayshift seniority workers wishes over the TFT's.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT???????

Yup....that will get your doors closed and all Ford employees in JSP. :finger: Good news though I heard they forked out more oney for packages....some will need them with the plant closing!! :shades:...Wow sounds like you gotted fked somewhere in the past!!! Keeping quite doesn't accomplish anything!! State your opinion and don't try and manipulate people. Let them judge for them selves by the information that is given. You have a voice... use it!!

So which is it Captain ? shut up and dont let your plant get shut down or use the voice we have ?

You try scareing someone that points out they have a rep that enforces the contract (there job last i knew) and your verry next post you say keeping quiet doesnt accomplish anything , I'm sorry but you have me rather confussed.

We have been waiting for people here at Ohio Assembly for about a year now ! Come on over. We need the people. I would rather have permanent people then temps working days. In the meantime...

we should be working days until higher seniority people come and sign the bump sheet which is every six months here. That is alot of time to be on nights thinking you should be on days. My husband just went to help fight a war in the middle east for a year. being on days for just one month would help! Anyone who transfers over is welcome really.

Get ready for people from the ACH plants to start arriving. At KCAP we have had several calls from employees at Nashville Glass asking general questions about our plant. They have said that they have been interviewed to see where they would like to transfer. Their options at this point are KCAP, Chicago, and Ohio. From the phone conversations I've had with the people at Nashville Glass they have told me the following information. They have less than 400 employees total, Someone is buying the plant and going to keep it open and they are going to pay 14.50 per hour. The new company is offering all employees that are currently employed a full time job at this rate. They are not sure how many will take the buyout from Ford and stay for those wages.

With this being said I am guessing that the three transfer plants they have been offered all have Temp. employees. I know that KCAP has 175 or so (give or take 25), and by reading the previous post Ohio has some temps although it did not say how many. How about Chicago, do you guys have any temps on rolls? I would assume that they are talking Chicago Assembly and not Stamping but I'm not positive. If anyone has any answers I'm sure everyone would appreciate the insight. Good luck to all, it looks like it is going to be another rough year.

So which is it Captain ? shut up and dont let your plant get shut down or use the voice we have ?

You try scareing someone that points out they have a rep that enforces the contract (there job last i knew) and your verry next post you say keeping quiet doesnt accomplish anything , I'm sorry but you have me rather confussed.

I didn't mean to confuse you....those in Tulsa were negotiating for the workers that were staying behind. Those Ford workers would have to make a decision to stay or go back to Ford. There are many that can not move for whatever reason and those that are temps that would not be moving anyway. It was going to be an IPS agreement not a Ford agreement.

You may not have access to any IPS agreements, but they suck...I am not going to sugar coat it..... they really do suck!

That is why the agreement should have been negotiated for those that could not leave or retire along with the fact that it is going to be an IPS agreement. The best agreement that the bargaining committee could have put together, should have brought to the members that are staying.

Yeah..... sure, the bargaining committee didn't have a say so, but whose falt is that? I really do not know what went on in Tulsa, but for the company not to want to negotiate with the bargain committee something happened. Anyone that has gone through a set of negotiations knows that you must keep trying to find answers and solutions.

I assume that did not happen because they were not involved!! No one, should have told anyone that if a contract was turned down that Ford would have no other choice then to take them back...that is wrong!! Unfortunately those that can not leave and can not retire will have to pay the price. hopefully the UAW can get Mr. Price back to the table, but I wouldn't count on it. They would have to put a gun to his head right now!!

Now please do not try and tell me that no one said that because I have had several people PM me and tell me this. I didn't just make it up!!! I feel that the Local committee took a strong stance unfortunately it was made clear to all ACH plants that any new company buying an ACH plant would have to negotiate a IPS contract and it would not be a Ford agreement. They would be sold or closed!!! I really do not know if your bargaining committee was part of these discussions, but Ford and the UAW, with the memberships backing, were trying to pull Ford motor back to profitability. In doing so... there was a very tough decision to sell or close these plants. This was comunicated to every plant. Ford would rather see them closed and source the work, but the UAW worked hard to try and get them sold. So when this agreement got turned down Ford turned to the UAW and said "we tried but you couldn't get it done and now we are going to close it....we gave you a shot".

So I do not why you said I was trying to scare anyone.....the decision to sell or close was decided long before any of this went down. Some may have thought that they could change the decision but they were wrong. Indy id the only place that prolonged their outcome and that was because of the work that their Chairman did locally. It was cheaper to keep it open for the product lifecycle than to close and move. This was because of what the Chairman and the bargaining committee done in Indy.

If you don't believe that then just ask waldo for his opinion!! He has many of them!! :reading:

Edited by Captain723

Jennifer, It is not all as you make it to be!

There are a few TFT's on days. But the seniority workers are "floating". They do not have any openings on dayshift for you. You don't have the seniority.

The senior people on days are giving the Union grief because if the Union did what you wanted, and put the TFT's on the temporary jobs, then the senior ones that are "floating" would be bitching that they are on fixed jobs, while TFT's are floating.

I would say that you don't have a bitch, since you can't hold days anyway, and the Union is respecting the dayshift seniority workers wishes over the TFT's.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT???????

What are her contractual rights?Could she not be used in the same manner as a TFT?Reading all these threads it would appear that she has a legitimate complaint.Maybe if some of the reps could stop some of the politicking for a while they could handle this problem.

What are her contractual rights?Could she not be used in the same manner as a TFT?Reading all these threads it would appear that she has a legitimate complaint.Maybe if some of the reps could stop some of the politicking for a while they could handle this problem.

Thankyou! tpts are to cover medicals, absenteeism, and help with the transition during buyouts. They are not supposed to be doing open jobs. If seniority people would rather "float" then do an operation then they should sign up for general utility! Maybe that is the problem too. More general utility jobs need to be put up for bid!

Thankyou! tpts are to cover medicals, absenteeism, and help with the transition during buyouts. They are not supposed to be doing open jobs. If seniority people would rather "float" then do an operation then they should sign up for general utility! Maybe that is the problem too. More general utility jobs need to be put up for bid!

im not too sure how long you have worked for ford, but surely long enough to realize they will do whatever they want to and the UAW is either blind to the fact or they just dont give a fuck. thier pockets are bieng filled, so why should they give a fuck about us?

im not too sure how long you have worked for ford, but surely long enough to realize they will do whatever they want to and the UAW is either blind to the fact or they just dont give a fuck. thier pockets are bieng filled, so why should they give a fuck about us?

The reason why the TFTs get so many perks is that if anyone checked they were all brought in as friends and family of UAW and Management. At Wayne Assy. almost every TFT is either a daughter, stepdaughter, friend of stepdaughter, son of Management Personal, etc. They are making about $20 and hour, come in late, cry when they have to do a job and generally get treated extremely well. At least that is they way it is at Wayne Assy. I wonder what is going to happen when the two tier wage comes in, well they get put on $14 an hour? Interesting!