Taurux X middle row console

Blanco

Hi everyone,

Long story short, my wife ordered an Alloy X and we've been told to change our colour as the Alloy has been "balanced out?" :shrug:

So we found exactly what we wanted through a dealer trade except it has the middle row console that we didn't want. (with two car seats in middle row it would be way more conveniant to have the middle open for access to the back)

So, any idea if this console is easily removed and what is underneath it?

Thanks!

1) Do you want the center console removed entirely?

2) Does the result need to be neat and tidy?

If not, then I can assure you it is removable, but I'm not sure what's underneath.

One option:

If you're talking middle row, I might recommend dropping by the dealer and seeing if there are Taurus X's without the console. If so, then see if the seats can be switched out. Seat replacement is a matter of bolting in a new one in this case, as far as I know. If you can find a junked Freestyle, you're in like Flint! *

* - Unlike most posters on the forum, Roadrunner is not a mechanic, nor does he really know what he's talking about. But it sounds good.

Edited by Roadrunner

The Taurus X without the console has a hole in the carpet to accept the console that has a plastic insert covering it. All you need to do is remove the console and order the insert. There was another post discussing this and they even identified the part number that needed to be ordered.

I removed the center console, from our Freestyle, last summer for vacation, all you have to do is remove 4 screws. The bad part is that the carpet is cut out for attachment and the two rear screws are attached to brackets that project out of the carpeting. I think that these are welded to the body, and can't be removed. I layed a towel over the brackets and we set a powered refrigerated console in it's place, hence why we removed it. Afterwards a simply screwed it back into place.

Don't know if that helps, but if your don't want it, I would not get one with it.

I just ordered a new Taurus X to replace our Freestyle. I ordered it with the split 2nd row seat instead of the captains chairs, this way we can put all three of our kids in the second row and have the rear seats folded down for more space