MKx11

timmm55

Kind of a Mark VII inspired MK, with a bit of every other generation thrown in LOL

I like it. Not sure about (what I assume is) the tire hump thing on the trunk lid, but other than that, I like it.

Great work as usual!

I'm curious, were you trying to have it be named "Mark Eleven" MKXI would be the proper roman numerical name, I believe.

It should have been MK XII....for no particular reason. It's from a stretched Mustang BTW.

I usually do 2 or 3 variations, this one is maybe a little better (and renamed it LOL)

I like the front end, but I'm not sure if the rear tire hump is necessary (this generation of cars was before my time) to me the whole hump thing looks a bit odd. Also, maybe the rear canopy angle is a bit too sudden. I think it'd be more aerodynamic if it swooped down at a angled rake.

I like the front end, but I'm not sure if the rear tire hump is necessary (this generation of cars was before my time) to me the whole hump thing looks a bit odd. Also, maybe the rear canopy angle is a bit too sudden. I think it'd be more aerodynamic if it swooped down at a angled rake.

I agree with both of your comments.

It was intended to be a concave semi-fastback roof. A faster rake just didn't look right (I tried it) on such a retro looking car. But here I adjusted it a little.

On the black one(s) I started out with the last Mark show car....but it was so bland and didn't have an ounce of recognizable Mark cues. At one point I literally chopped in a RAV4 tire on the rear...but that looked horrible!

Sometimes I just experiment, this is fun for me on a rainy afternoon :stats:

post-19198-1201291317_thumb.jpg

post-19198-1201291358_thumb.jpg

post-19198-1201291563_thumb.jpg

Edited by timmm55

It was intended to be a concave semi-fastback roof. A faster rake just didn't look right (I tried it) on such a retro looking car. But here I adjusted it a little.

On the black one(s) I started out with the last Mark show car....but it was so bland and didn't have an ounce of recognizable Mark cues. At one point I literally chopped in a RAV4 tire on the rear...but that looked horrible!

I like the notched version better, the fastback didn't look right to me.

I like the notched MK9 chop.

Redid the rear view and added a front view with a finer grill than the current MKs.

I'm thinking American "Bentley Continental"

Good work. A couple things....

I like the other rear you did (one with the less pronounced circle/tire hump type detailing) better than this new one. I do however like the new shoulders with the improved upkick in the sheetmetal, ala Continental and the rest of the desing.

In regards to the front, I'm not so sure the bow-wave MK grille works on this more squarish design. The headlights look kinda dinky as well. I understand where you're coming from and why you did that though.