Quality Issues with my 2006 Montego-Airbags

Posting this here in case someone from FORD cares

For past few months I have issues with Airbag light coming on while driving and then clearing itself when car was turned off.

Dealer insisted that everything was working properly. My dealer put it on diagnostic machine and no codes were there so "we cant fix what we cant find" This was echoed by Ford management offices.

Took car to another dealer and with no favors came up with codes stored in memory concerning- Airbags-Occupant Classification System.

Went back to my dealer armed with this info and lo and behold they found the codes when they ran diagnostics for the 3rd time. Arranged to bring the car back this morning. Got a call in the afternoon that they were told by FORD

MOTOR COMPANY not to do any work on my car as there have been similiar issues reported and they are trying to solve the problem.

Approached the owner about my issue and was told that the car is a very safe vehicle and the primary safety system is seatbelts with the airbags secondary. Would have expected that he took more of an interest especially since his techs did not find the problem. Thats a great way to treat a customer that has purchased 4 cars over 13 yrs from them.

Also the ABS sensor came on and stayed on at 562 miles sensor on right rear was not connected.

Front Springs and brackets were replaced-at 2500 miles

Leather seats have extensive ripples.

Well that will be the last car that I buy from that dealership, and from FORD-FIX OR REPAIR DAILY

Anyone have similar issues

He already went to two dealers. What more do you want this guy to do?

Tell ya what, I am a Ford/ACH employee, and I am on my second dealer. I left my first dealer because of the service department. If my second dealer ever screws me, I'm done with new Fords. I would rather buy used and go to independent garages then run through hoops to get warranty work performed.

Ford management offices repeatedly tod me that unless there were codes present nothing could be done when they now have the codes they still wont do anything as it has been reported and is under investigation by the Tech group at FORD.

The owner of the dealership told me to move past this problem.

I did what the owners manual says adn thats to take it back to the dealer as the airbags may not function as intended.

guess that FORD is not capable of producing reliable products anymore.

Is the car even safe to drive, I do not know but the management offices say the car is drivable and wont do any more to help.

My wife wont go in the car so I will have to rent cars and all because of FORD's not caring about customer service/relations.

I think we had two that came in with that and they both had loose connectors in the frontal crash sensors, both got fixed in about an hour each. That and a couple with door trim that rubbed , and one with a couple bubbles in the black trim tape on the door frames (easy fixes) were about the only 500's I have seen need repairs in 1 1/2 years. Its uncanny how few Freestyles/500s that are ever in for repairs. I walk the shop every day and rarely ever see them in for anything other then normal service. wtf is up with some of these dealers? None of my customers have ever complained about stuff like this. :shrug:

Edited by kevinb120

• 2 weeks later...

Some dealers don't deserve to be dealers. First and foremost Ford should adopt the idea that the end user of the product is the customer, not the people(dealerships) they sell them to. A Ford, L-M dealership is nothing more than a licensing agreement between the dealer and FoMoCo. Strict standards should be established for customer service and if not maintained by a dealership then the licensing should be revoked.

Regarding warranty repairs, if it's in warranty FIX the problem. As a company you lose more by denying repair on virtually anything compared to what it costs the company to obtain a new customer. Remember that all the customer understands is the car was sold to them with a 3 year/36k mile warranty, live up to it. If you have a dealer that continues to deny warranty repairs my guess is that Ford is constantly denying a majority their warranty claims usually because they have been abused by that dealer or very poor mechanical staff that just keeps adding parts and charging them off to warranty as opposed to actually diagnosing the problem. Find a new dealer!!!

• 4 weeks later...

SO JUST AN UPDATE

THE PROBLEM I HAVE BEEN HAVING WITH AIRBAG WARNING LIGHT COMING ON IS A KNOWN PROBLEM THAT THE FORD TECH HOTLINE HAS BEEN WORKING ON ALTHOUGH NOT TO SWIFTLY.

ON FEB 27 DEALER WAS TO TRY TO FIND THE PROBLEM ONLY TO GET A CALL THAT THE HOTLINE TOLD THEM NOT TO WORK ON THE CAR AND RETURN IT TO THE OWNER.

LAST FRIDAY WHILE DRIVING HAD THE LIGHT COME ON AND IT WAS IMMEDIATELY TAKEN TO THE DEALER.

THE CODE THAT THEY FOUND RELATED TO THE OCCUPANT CLASSIFICATION SYSTEM(WHICH IS THE SAME CODE REPORTED EARLIER)

AND NOW THE OVAL CLOCK ALSO STOPPED WORKING

WILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS AS GIGGLES IS GOING BACK TO THE DEALER AGAIN.