2000 salaried layoffs?

sparkman

heard a little about this at KTP tuesday night. it would be a good start in becoming profitable again, no offense to any salary personell, but ford has way to many chiefs compared to the amount of indians

They could layoff all the front line supervisors and replace them with $14 hour part-time supervisors form UPS, think of all the money they would save.

:happy feet:

They could layoff all the front line supervisors and replace them with $14 hour part-time supervisors form UPS, think of all the money they would save.

:happy feet:

Actually at Wayne Assy, rumor has it that Management would like to get rid of the foremen and use Quality Leaders to do their jobs.

Actually at Wayne Assy, rumor has it that Management would like to get rid of the foremen and use Quality Leaders to do their jobs.

Leader are suck a##es anyway. They are non-union at best. they tell the supervisors how to run the areas and squeal like pigs about everyone!!! Especially at Rawsonville!!

Leader are suck a##es anyway. They are non-union at best. they tell the supervisors how to run the areas and squeal like pigs about everyone!!! Especially at Rawsonville!!

Okay, this comment makes me angry. I used to be a supervisor for many years and I am now hourly now for many years as well. I have seen both sides. We are a union and need to stick together period, however, what good is a union when there is no company to work for. These people need to be concerned about production, quality etc. If Ford gets good people as groupleders etc. then they won't need supervisors. I think we are getting to that point. I think alot of them can go now. With your attitude we will be going bankrupt before long. I wish people would care more about the company they work for and what they are doing. It is so sad. Just because you don't care.... don't knock others who do. P.S. I am not a groupleader and do not want to ever be, I am happy working on the line.

Okay, this comment makes me angry. I used to be a supervisor for many years and I am now hourly now for many years as well. I have seen both sides. We are a union and need to stick together period, however, what good is a union when there is no company to work for. These people need to be concerned about production, quality etc. If Ford gets good people as groupleders etc. then they won't need supervisors. I think we are getting to that point. I think alot of them can go now. With your attitude we will be going bankrupt before long. I wish people would care more about the company they work for and what they are doing. It is so sad. Just because you don't care.... don't knock others who do. P.S. I am not a groupleader and do not want to ever be, I am happy working on the line.

+1 here!

Over the years, we've had people go from salaried to hourly---and vice/versa--- even today. The vast majority of them are honest, hard working people just like most of us.

Sure, we've had some asshats---and still do---on both sides. Call me a suckass, but my current supervisor is a good boss; he's fair with people, and he does as good a job as

anyone, considering all the shit he has to deal with. He drives Fords. And he still has a sense of humor!

Hey Alan Mulally, Mark Fields, Joe Hinrichs, etc.---are you listening? Wanna help our company survive and prosper? Wanna build morale and help sell cars & trucks?

Don't lay salaried people off---restore their pay & benefits. Including Visteon/ACH people who had their pay, benefits, pension and healthcare reduced or eliminated.

Let's grow---instead of cutting.

+1 here!

Over the years, we've had people go from salaried to hourly---and vice/versa--- even today. The vast majority of them are honest, hard working people just like most of us.

Sure, we've had some asshats---and still do---on both sides. Call me a suckass, but my current supervisor is a good boss; he's fair with people, and he does as good a job as

anyone, considering all the shit he has to deal with. He drives Fords. And he still has a sense of humor!

Hey Alan Mulally, Mark Fields, Joe Hinrichs, etc.---are you listening? Wanna help our company survive and prosper? Wanna build morale and help sell cars & trucks?

Don't lay salaried people off---restore their pay & benefits. Including Visteon/ACH people who had their pay, benefits, pension and healthcare reduced or eliminated.

Let's grow---instead of cutting.

Only talking from my experience. I get along great with most supervisors and give a damn about what I do. I want my job to last for several generations. I think that leaders are the wrong way to go--my feelings. Just makes union people play on the wrong side of the fence. I don't think it is possible to be leaders the way they want it done and still be a good union member. Just my thoughts.