2009 Ford Edge Sport

Blue Oval Guide

2009 Ford Edge Sport

2009 Ford Edge Sport

post1939.jpg

Click here for more photos.

"The 2009 Ford Edge Sport provides a factory-quality, customized model to America's best-selling crossover and features 22-inch wheels, low-profile tires, exterior modifications and interior enhancements, lending it a dynamic look and feel." Ford Motor Company."

The Ford Edge is getting edgier with a factory-customized model that has lower-profile tires, a lower grille and bigger wheels.

Ford plans to introduce the 2009 Ford Edge Sport at this week's Chicago Auto Show. The latest version of the popular crossover will go on sale this fall.

John Felice, the general manager of the Ford division, said the Ford Edge Sport reflects the growing popularity of personalized vehicles and of shows featuring customized vehicles such as the annual Specialty Equipment Market Association show in Las Vegas. Ford said the automotive aftermarket is now a $40 billion industry. READ MORE HERE.

2009 Ford Edge Sport

2009 Ford Edge Sport

post1939.jpg

Click here for more photos.

"The 2009 Ford Edge Sport provides a factory-quality, customized model to America's best-selling crossover and features 22-inch wheels, low-profile tires, exterior modifications and interior enhancements, lending it a dynamic look and feel." Ford Motor Company."

The Ford Edge is getting edgier with a factory-customized model that has lower-profile tires, a lower grille and bigger wheels.

Ford plans to introduce the 2009 Ford Edge Sport at this week's Chicago Auto Show. The latest version of the popular crossover will go on sale this fall.

John Felice, the general manager of the Ford division, said the Ford Edge Sport reflects the growing popularity of personalized vehicles and of shows featuring customized vehicles such as the annual Specialty Equipment Market Association show in Las Vegas. Ford said the automotive aftermarket is now a $40 billion industry. READ MORE HERE.

Looks good.

I replaced all of the Edge's instrumentation LEDs with brighter LEDs, mainly blue, except for the cluster and shift bezel (so far).

The LED package sizes: power window and lock controls use 3mm, T-1 package LEDs, all of the controls except for the navigation head unit use PLCC-2 package LEDs, and the navigation unit uses 0805 package LEDs.

I haven't changed anything in the cluster yet, but I've removed the green coating on the back of the gauge faces, so they're white right now. I'll also remove the green coating from the inside of the shift bezel and replace the incandescent bulb with a blue (or maybe orange if I can't change the colors of the position markings) LED board I've made that plugs into the standard wedge socket.

Since we all know how dim the standard green LEDs are, this picture should give you an idea of what things look like now. At this exposure level, the only things visible in the cluster are the needles and the message center. All of the new LEDs are as bright as the message center and auto climate control display. You can also see the steering wheel controls on the left side of the picture.

There's no difference in the current draw, so I didn't need to change any resistors.

edgcli11.jpg

I replaced all of the Edge's instrumentation LEDs with brighter LEDs, mainly blue, except for the cluster and shift bezel (so far).

The LED package sizes: power window and lock controls use 3mm, T-1 package LEDs, all of the controls except for the navigation head unit use PLCC-2 package LEDs, and the navigation unit uses 0805 package LEDs.

I haven't changed anything in the cluster yet, but I've removed the green coating on the back of the gauge faces, so they're white right now. I'll also remove the green coating from the inside of the shift bezel and replace the incandescent bulb with a blue (or maybe orange if I can't change the colors of the position markings) LED board I've made that plugs into the standard wedge socket.

Since we all know how dim the standard green LEDs are, this picture should give you an idea of what things look like now. At this exposure level, the only things visible in the cluster are the needles and the message center. All of the new LEDs are as bright as the message center and auto climate control display. You can also see the steering wheel controls on the left side of the picture.

There's no difference in the current draw, so I didn't need to change any resistors.

edgcli11.jpg

Looks good, I like the blue lighting.